Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Should'nt FG Put Tarrifs On All This Imported Products Instead Of Bans? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should'nt FG Put Tarrifs On All This Imported Products Instead Of Bans? (501 Views)

For Mini Importers Only: How To Sell Tons Of Your Imported Products FAST / Can You Market / Sell These Newly Lucrative 7 Imported Products In Your State? / If You Used All Following Items Here, You Should'nt Be Consuming Red Meat (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should'nt FG Put Tarrifs On All This Imported Products Instead Of Bans? by smksean(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2016
During the christmass shopping i wanted to buy one of this big juices in groundnutoil like bottles those ones you have to mix with water that was when i found out that the one i was used too had been banned that it is only the ones manufactured in nigeria that is available.. I Understand that Fg wants to boost the local manufacturing industry thats a good thing but does it mean they should eliminate the foreign competition from the market entirely? Wouldnt that be just subjecting nigerians too lower quality products.. My reasoning is if Fg just simply put high tarrifs, make these imported products more expensive demand will obviously reduce nd consumers will be redirected to the cheaper locally manufactured ones...but a little fraction of people will still prefer to buy foreign ones nd really they should have the right to choose nd the truth is if our local products reach a level of quality remotly close to the one of the foreign products that little fraction will be persuaded to start buying local products nd subquently other countries will consider importing our own products.. Why must these foreign products be banned before our industries start producing i did not even know there was anything like abakiliki rice before..This is just my opinion i might be wrong but i think its a discussion worth having

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should'nt FG Put Tarrifs On All This Imported Products Instead Of Bans? by torres89: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2016
apparently our leaders don't understand the meaning of competition
Re: Should'nt FG Put Tarrifs On All This Imported Products Instead Of Bans? by smksean(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
torres89:
apparently our leaders don't understand the meaning of competition

as if they live in their own world

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Exchange Rate In A Single Economy / Polyester/lycra White Plain Textile Seller(s) Required For Immediate Purchase / Pop Corn Machine 4sale in lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.