Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. (15781 Views)

Video:The World Most Amazing Bridges / Science Amazing Feats Of 2017(things You Missed) / Importance Of Technology To Mankind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by sirfee(m): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
Explorers:

We will get there someday.
Lol,maybe next generation.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by obibanks: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
After looking at such edifices, I keep asking myself what I'm doing in this country. Watching the construction of most of these projects on Discovery and Natgeo were among the reasons I studied civil Engineering. But this country is not a place to practice such feats cry cry
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2017
obibanks:
After looking at such edifices, I keep asking myself what I'm doing in this country. Watching the construction of most of these projects on Discovery and Natgeo were among the reasons I studied civil Engineering. But this country is not a place to practice such feats cry cry

We will get thr someday bro.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Ewucanbeer: 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
YES! you forget the depth in the sea!
PigMeat:

Is this fiction or non-fiction or some "over-exaggeratted stuff? Circle the world 3x?
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Abudu2000(m): 5:49am On Sep 24, 2017
musicwriter:

The pyramid remains the greatest engineering feat of all time, and it was built by Africans. It has never been replicated.

Till this very moment nobody understands how it was built!!
like seriously?? No one still understand how it was built,lol.maybe no one is really interestrd in figuring that out...even an undergraduate can work that out

#base expansion
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by bamirotola: 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Explorers:
London Underground, London.

Aldgate Station, on the Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan Lines, is built on a huge plague pit, where more than 1,000 bodies were buried.

The London Underground celebrated its 153th birthday this year.

The entire network has a length of 402 kilometers (249 miles) and more than 1 billion journeys are made every year.

When it opened in 1863, it was the world's first underground railway and the trains, which traveled between Paddington and Farringdon, were gas-lit wooden carriages pulled by steam locomotives.

Completion date: January 10, 1863.

1863!!!! And Nigeria Neva get one in 2017 ... God bless Nigeria
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 11:01am On Sep 28, 2017
Explorers:
International Space Station.

The International Space Station cost $100 billion to build and involved 100,000 people in 15 nations.

It also ranks as one of the more unusual construction sites, located 354 kilometers (220miles) above Earth.

The hazards faced by those carrying out maintenance go far beyond a falling hammer or nail gun injury one tiny rip in a protective spacesuit means instant death.

Completion date: Ongoing.

Science is beautiful and i think God is science.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by buffalowings: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
Explorers:
The Trans-Siberian Railroad connects Moscow and Eastern Russia with Japan, China and Mongolia.

Northern Siberia isn't the easiest landscape to cross, which is what makes the 8,851km(5,500 mile)Trans-Siberian railway so impressive.

Engineers had to design a railway that was capable of operating in temperatures of minus 20 degrees Celsius.

The railway travels through eight time zones, 87 towns and cities and crosses 16 major rivers.

Some 90,000 people helped construct the railway, which took 10 years to build, pretty impressive considering the tools at workers' disposal were shovels, picks and wheelbarrows.

Completion date: 1904.

Chai

Wey we never finish lagos ibadan road
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by buffalowings: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
AyamConfidence:
Egypt... The Pyramids of Giza

Haha
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:

Science is beautiful and i think God is science.

Science is Beautiful, Amazing, and Awesome bro.

Lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Feraz(m): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
Explorers:
The Channel Tunnel (The Chunnel).

Opened in 1994, the Channel Tunnel is an undersea connection between England and France.

Crossing the English Channel, the tunnel holds the record for longest undersea portion, at 37.9 km (23.5 mi) out of a total length of 50.5 km (31.4 mi).

The tunnel reaches a depth of impressive 75 m (250 ft) and allow trains to travel at 160 kmh (99 mph).

With the channel tunnel passengers can travel from London to Paris in just 2 hours 15 minutes.
Explorers:

They went below the sea bed for almost 50km.
If this worked, then, I can bet that Elon's planned Hyperloop and the recent one of traveling between two cities in half an hour will work, also, not forgetting that of the underwater road (forgotten what it's called) in the fjords of Norway that is being proposed and will shorten travel time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by menexami: 12:38am On Sep 30, 2017
Win one this MBER period.

don't be left out.
....................Think smart.

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by fetef: 12:59am On Sep 30, 2017
Happy celebration Nigeria.

Enjoy it better by partaking in the SMARTHOUSE promo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles / How To Join GeoPoll and Earn Airtime Credit / What Do You Call This Domesticated Fowl In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.