Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews (27796 Views)

Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / 5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
To deactivate the service, Simply text HELP to the short code 2442 to and follow the instructions.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by kennynelcon(m): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
angry
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by MOSTEC(m): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Sorry
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by uvalued(m): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
try twitting to @mtnng or something...dm your number for em to check..guess is the fastest way to get response
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by oyoofong(m): 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2017
Dump the line.PORTU! Sorry,port
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Oluwolex2000(m): 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
They went that way

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by truthspeaks: 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
U v not exhausted all channels to rectify d prob n u came here to bug us wit dis piece of sh*t? I was expecting u to reply wit 'I v visited them' but here u r wit ur itchy fingers wasting Fp space
LilChamp:

Thanks alot. I will do just that
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Lawalemi(m): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
OCTAVO:
You dey find job and you activated DND? Abeg who dem suppose disturb with plenty SMS?

Lol
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by rechybabe(f): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
exlinkleads:
chai, which kind country be dis?

activate DND and u wont see sms from better numbers again.

Am guessing mtn is mad at those who activates DND

but ironically, mtn promotional messages will still enter ur phone. chai

Airtel is worst. they will text u severally in a day and they will still call u severally in a day and each time with different numbers.

and we claim we have NCC in this country. I dont like to curse i for say make God punish some people right now.

watin them go dey do na how to charge people N3000 for 1g data.

ndi oshe

lol but bro u don curse already
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 11, 2017
Selfhood:
Even True Caller is so bad and dangerous. Uninstall it.
explain...
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Cire80: 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2017
This MTN guys are very vindictive. Deactivating MTN DND is not supposed to affect other 3rd party SMS but only theirs but they joined it together to prevent people from deactivating it

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by greggng: 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
LilChamp:
Hello peeps, am really confused as I'm typing this.
Recently I subscribed to Mtn 'Do Not Disturb' Me package. It wasn't long I noticed I can't receive third party sms i.e bulk sms.
Immediately I noticed this I quickly proceeded in deactivating it.
The problem now is that I still can't receive third party messages. No job interview invites is coming in anymore. Just last week I met someone helping in securing a contract, he told me a bulk sms was sent to all the applicants. I told him I didn't receive any but he thought I was lieing.
Pls what can I do to start receiving third party messages back. I have made several calls to mtn customer care and I have texted ALLOW to 2442 several time but still no solution.
Am worried pls anyone affected too and how were you able to resolve this?

It happened to me and I called MTN and spoke to customer care the resolved the matter. Try call 180 and there is a way u manipulate it and u will be ask to press zero to speak with operator
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by deflover(m): 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
You are like most dumb Nigerians that claim they don't pick calls of numbers not saved on thier phones

Why you dey complain
Shabi you dey feel like dangote
You think we don't get bulk messages too
What's hard deleting it yourself

You dey find work
Why na
You don get work

Your new job is worrying over text message
So no need. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by MOFAZIT: 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
I think I am in the same shoes....

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by dennymade(m): 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
I once had the same problem. So when I couldn't receive bulk SMS, I did back up of my contact and ported the line. So I advise you to do the same since you will still retain your number but you will loose all your contact on the SIM if you don't back up.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Ameboperoo(m): 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
Port go another network

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by sisisioge: 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
OP, you just raised false alarm jor. Me sef deactivated DND on my line yet I still get third part SMSs. If you ain't receiving bulk SMS or so, call your service provider to complain. You could do a walk-in to any of their service centers as well.

I'm a job seeker too...although, it's been a while that I got a job related SMS yet I get from pension, bank alerts, HMO etc...Those are bulk SMS right? Something might be wrong somewhere.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
CONTACT MR JIDE ON THIS NAIRALAND (mtn representative). go to phone section. locate mtn thread and lodge your complaints.

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by nlanded: 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
Young man you need not worry much, competent firms don't rely on ONLY text messaging to invite candidates for interviews, the most preferred means of communication with candidates is through email. How much information can be well contained in an SMS as compared to an email? The few times I have gotten SMS's in the past concerning interviews the SMS was a direct reminder that I was sent an invite in my email. Its either "road side" organisations or GLND related scammers who would rely on only text messages for interview invitations.

I think you are over reacting in relation to saying after de-activating DND you still aren't getting invites, what does MTN stand to gain from that?

And from what I know about DND is that it removes you from a list of SMS promotional campaign platforms which most of them go through MTN to advertise, recruiting firms are not part of the list of SMS promotional campaign platforms who "spam" customers.

Try this, go to a bulk message platform online, send yourself an SMS and see if you don't receive it, I'm so sure you'd receive it, recruitment firms use bulk SMS platforms to send SMS to candidates.

3 Likes

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Tunizzy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
Selfhood:
Very dangerous stuff.
Even True Caller is so bad and dangerous. Uninstall it.

Just want to share this. Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc is currently recruiting
http://www.hrtechnique.com/2017/01/nibss-recruitment-2017.html

What makes true caller bad and dangerous?
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by goingape: 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
Joavid:

explain...
because it report legitimate number as Spam and so therefore automatically block that number!

most company line don't normally use 11 digit number and any number with lesser digit which calls you, the true caller automatic block it!

it block many of my international calls too and I have lost some really fine costumer too!

the best is to handpick those number and block it yourself.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by johnchiii(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
Immediately i read this post, i rushed at once and called "180" seeking to deactivate my own, incase if i have mistakenly subscribed to it in the past, but thank God i was sent "Y'ello, you have not subscribed to DND or has unsubscribed from it." na so i happy o! Cos me am waiting 4 contract bulk sms too o! Lol!
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Kaspar0v(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Most recruiting coys send email and some do call applicants for invitation. I don't think I would like to work for coys that depend on sms. SMS do fail too even without activating DND. Most importantly, if it's meant for u, it will locate you. I activated DND and will never reactivate.

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
goingape:
because it report legitimate number as Spam and so therefore automatically block that number!

most company line don't normally use 11 digit number and any number with lesser digit which calls you, the true caller automatic block it!

it block many of my international calls too and I have lost some really fine costumer too!

the best is to handpick those number and block it yourself.

okay
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by ozome15(m): 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
sorry my bro, i hald this same issue. just gat a new line. there is noting u can do.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
LilChamp:
Recently I subscribed to Mtn 'Do Not Disturb' Me package. It wasn't long I noticed I can't receive third party sms i.e bulk sms.
The problem now is that I still can't receive third party messages. No job interview invites is coming in anymore. Just last week I met someone helping in securing a contract, he told me a bulk sms was sent to all the applicants. I told him I didn't receive any but he thought I was lieing.
Pls what can I do to start receiving third party messages back. I have made several calls to mtn customer care and I have texted ALLOW to 2442 several time but still no solution.

I tell you, its a deliberate act by these our Nigeria network provider.....simple quick solution........Port to another provider.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by MOFAZIT: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
I was called today that i will receive invitation for my interview. up to now i havent receive anything and this is not the first time. it seems it this DND stuff that i deactivated which i have not paying to.

i once attend an assessmennt and the hr mention that he has sent everybody confirmation mail and SMS which i didnt receive...

Although I am receiving some but I am sure it is all...
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by Dailyfavour(m): 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
does DND affected registered mobeile number? it only affected those short code numbers.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by maasoap(m): 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
bettercreature:
Why are you having sympathy for him? He is probably one of those sillly Akagum we meet everyday,people who believe anybody who call them is a scammer or want to beg them for money
No sane man would subscribe to DO NOT DISTURB!
He should go back to school to learn the important of communication
You're crazier than you know. Many people activate do not disturb, may be you think you're wiser than NCC.

1 Like

Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by 9jawindow: 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
LilChamp:

Thanks alot. I will do just that

Hi,
if issue persist then go to their shop and do 'sim swap', with that you get a new sim but still maintain your line , the process of doing that hopefully should reset you on their network.
Re: How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews by twosquare(m): 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
LilChamp:

simply port your number.simple.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First City Monument Bank Plc Is Recruiting! / I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way / Sterling Bank Vs Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.