Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers (3424 Views)

Death Sentence For Kidnappers In Oyo: Ajimobi Approves It / Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's / Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by mccloud224(m): 3:32am On Nov 20, 2009
:-x
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by smasher1(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2009
I have no problem with kidnappers. They can go ahead and collect their share of the national cake so far Armed robbery stops. If I am kidnapped its free food for some days and I hope they pay me off because I have no money or my relatives to drop.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Beaf: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2009
smasher1:

I have no problem with kidnappers. They can go ahead and collect their share of the national cake so far Armed robbery stops. If I am kidnapped its free food for some days and I hope they pay me off because I have no money or my relatives to drop.

Damn! grin
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Libido(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2009
kidnapping=death
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nezan(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2009
Will that stop kidnapping?
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by mygladness: 11:01am On Nov 20, 2009
Nezan:

Will that stop kidnapping?

Death penalty might not stop kidnapping but might at least put kidnappers in check knowing what is at stake. Failed state or government is not excuse for crime in whatever degree, otherwise majority of Nigerian would have been criminals.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Eddysco: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
Death Penalty ke??

It is already a do or die matter for the Kidnappers so that will not scare them at all.

Our country needs prayers,
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ojofu(m): 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
How many people dey don catch, no be who dem catch dem go kill.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Rosabelle(f): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
Eddysco:

Death Penalty ke??
It is already a do or die matter for the Kidnappers so that will not scare them at all.
Our country needs prayers,
You havnt noticed we've been praying for ages now?? Our country needs a government, thats what we need.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by iorhenter(m): 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2009
DEATH PENALTY?
DO YOU KNOW WHY STATE GOVTS AND FG ARE ALL ADVOCATING DEATH PENALTY? I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE ON NL. KIDNAPPING IS THE ONLY CRIME THAT AFFECTS THE HIGH AND MIGHTY – THEIR CHILDREN, THEIR SPOUSES, THEIR PARENTS AND RELATIVES. THAT’S WHY.

IT’S INDEED SAD. DONT EVER THINK THEY ARE DOING IT BECAUSE OF YOU & ME. THEY ARE ALL ASKING FOR DEATH PENALTY BECAUSE THEY AFFECTED. EVERYDAY IN NIGERIA, THE POOR MASSES ARE ROBBED, RAPED, USED FOR RITUALS, MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD, MALTREATED BOTH AT HOME AND ABROAD, EXECUTED IN CHINA, SINGAPORE (I STILL REMEMBER TOOCHI IWUCHUKWU, THE POOR 19-YEAR OLD, ERRONEOUSLY(??) EXECUTED IN SINGAPORE JANUARY 2007, UNDER WATCHFUL EYES OF OBJ). HAVE THESE GOVTS DONE ANYTHING IN THESE REGARDS? LAST WEEK SO, WE TALKED ABOUT NYSC (CORPS MEMBERS) THAT HAVE EITHER BEEN RAPED OR RAPED & MURDERED; UP TILL NOW NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. DON’T EVER THINK IT IS BECAUSE OF YOU AND ME. IT IS SIMPLY BECAUSE SOLUDO’S FATHER, COMMISSIONER’S RELATIVE IN DELTA/EDO STATES, GOVERNOR’S AIDES, PRESIDENTIAL UNTOUCHABLES ARE BEING KIDNAPPED.

IT IS REALLY TEARFUL, REALLY PAINFUL, REALLY UNFORTUNATE THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT US. OBVIOUSLY NIGERIAN DO NOT DESERVE THE BEST IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS.

DEATH SENTENCE FOR KIDNAPPERS? OUR gods (SORRY, GOVTS) HAVE FINALLLY COME TO OUR RESCUE INDEED!!!

I HURT. I BLEED. I WEEP. GOD BLESS NIGERIA, A SHAMELESS, FAILED STATE.

My Broda, you have spoken well.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by kellorah: 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
Might as well hang Obj and Co.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by PastorOla1: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2009
WHAT IS THE PENALTY FOR CORRUPTION IN DELTA STATE , CORRUPTION AND KIDNAPPING ARE BIG CRIME TO HUMANITY CORRUPTION AFFECT THE MASSES WHILE KIDNAPPING AFFECT THE RULLING CLASS AND THE WELLTO DO. IF YOU MUST KILL KIDNAPPERS THEN LET US ALSO KILL THE CORRUPTS
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by manny4life(m): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2009
Death penalty? As much as I don't support kidnapping activities and its related extortion, but damn death penalty is way to harsh for kidnapping. Somewhat of max jail sentence of abt 25years should be given that is if it warrants up to the maximum, but death? "NO". This is no "Murder" and even if it was, most people don't advocate death unless they have successfully met one criteria; the willful intent to kill not just one but several people. Even at the death, Nigeria executes using firing squad which is quite painful, that's a shame.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by phuckNL: 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
manny4life:

Death penalty? As much as I don't support kidnapping activities and its related extortion, but damn death penalty is way to harsh for kidnapping. Somewhat of max jail sentence of abt 25years should be given that is if it warrants up to the maximum, but death? "NO". This is no "Murder" and even if it was, most people don't advocate death unless they have successfully met one criteria; the willful intent to kill not just one but several people. Even at the death, Nigeria executes using firing squad which is quite painful, that's a shame.

My guy, the death penalty is the best option because it will serve as a detterent. It is not as if they will just enact it today and start killing kidnappers tomorrow. If/when it is enacted, everyone will be aware that the reward for kidnapping is death. Anyone that goes ahead and kidnaps after this obviously wants to die, so be it.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Bongoman1: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2009
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Dede1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2009
The morons should pass such legislation for political office holders who had embezzled public fund before extending such law to kidnappers. I believe that kidnapping stemmed from reckless embezzlement of public funds by the political goons.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by lyfe(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2009
I know that kind of bill is fast to be passed into law because it does not affect the masses.
The likes of Bode George should be sentenced to death by Anthrax injection.
not some kidnappers,
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2009
Death penalty by all means for these scums of the earth.

I will ignore all the bleeding hearts that are chatting crap about life is sacred. No a good life is sacred, a useless one is worth nothing.

And for those chatting rubbish about national cake collection or affecting the rich. Stop talking dumbly. Do you think this scums have some moral crusade? You think it is corrupt people they would target or ordinary Nigerians working hard to make a living? How many corrupt people's kin have you heard of being kidnapped so far? What rubbish chat.

DEATH PENALTY PLEASE.

And if you think about it latently, yes that would lead to some kipnappers killing captives after ransom is paid. As this becomes common, most people would refuse to pay ransom since there is a huge chance they might not get their relative back and those that pay would demand a higher possibility of getting their relatives back by requesting direct exchange which would lead to higher possibility of police trapping kidnappers. As people stop paying ransom, there is really a reduced incentive to kidnap as you might not get your ransom. Hence you reduce kidnap cases.

The kidnappers you catch, kill them. Waste of human flesh in an over-populated country.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
manny4life:

The more painful and cheaper it is, the more fantastic it is to deal with these useless, evil scums.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
snowdrops:

Simple death penalty is too lenient. They should be executed publicly by firing squad.
More dare devil kidnappers like the ones who kidnapped and murdered the 9 month old baby above should be made to suffocate and die in a gas chamer.

Gas chamber? Too bleeping lenient.

Throw them in a den of lions so they are torn to shreds and can appreciate how it is to make someone feel helpless. Don't even throw them at once. Let them spend 30 minutes in a caged enclosure next to the lions where they can see the lions and the lions can see them (at the same time, be playing them a video, visuals and sound, of how previous kidnappers where torn to shreds). And let them see the lions are crowding up waiting eagerly for the link to the enclosure to be opened and be the first to take a bite.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2009
malali:

, hmmm death penalty?
is it for those that kidnap cash
or those that kidnap human beings
we have to be very specific,
before we administer  a medicine that will kill the medicine man grin grin grin grin grin

i wish Fela was alive,
some people they cash-nap, use the money born pikin
some people they kid-nap, use the pikin collect cash
the cashnappers want start to kill the kidnappers
hmmmmm,

LWKMD!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Absolutely bleeping brilliant.
Re: Delta State May Okay Death Penalty For Kidnappers by mamagee3(f): 12:47am On Nov 24, 2009
manny4life:

Death penalty? As much as I don't support kidnapping activities and its related extortion, but damn death penalty  is way to harsh for kidnapping. Somewhat of max jail sentence of abt 25years should be given that is if it warrants up to the maximum, but death? "NO". This is no "Murder" and even if it was, most people don't advocate death unless they have successfully met one criteria; the willful intent to kill not just one but several people. Even at the death, Nigeria executes using firing squad which is quite painful, that's a shame.

abeg, you be kidnapper? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters / VIDEO: Angry Youths Set Ablaze Jonathan Campaign Vehicles In Sabon Gari Kaduna / Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.