Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's (9113 Views)

Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by dedollarman(m): 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Igbos in Lagos state may be on the verge of settling their differences with the Yorubas in the state and move on.

According to a Lagos-based Igbo group, ‘the Igbo Conscience’, both tribes have to resolve every issue that had been brewing up since the last gubernatorial election, when the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, allegedly threatened the Igbos if they did not vote for Akinwunmi Ambode, the then candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
A statement issued by the group’s spokesmen, Onyekachi Ubani and Peter Oparah, noted that the call had become necessary because of the bad blood generated during the elections, which it stressed could lead to conflicts in the state if it is not settled.

The Igbo indigenes in the state had reportedly voted en masse for the Peoples Democratic Party during the last general elections, while the All Progressives Congress won in areas dominated by Yoruba, which showed that tribal affiliations determined the outcome of the elections.

“The Igbo Conscience has noted, with grave concern, the increasing negative fallout of the last general election, which, if not checked, may lead to much more unsavoury developments in the country.

Of particular concern to us is the increasing spate of hate messages that have now taken over the once cordial and fruitful relationship between Ndigbo and the Yoruba. We note that the cordial relationship between the two great races has been greatly soured by the process leading to the last general election.

“We note that the events that are tragically spiralling into a dangerous exchange of hate messages have now gone to the extent of some Yoruba groups mobilising some Yoruba indigenes to mount anti-Igbo protests in Lagos.”

According to The Punch, the group also stated that the rivalry even transcended the borders of Nigeria as some Igbo in Texas, the United States, have been picketing the hospital of a Yoruba doctor, Dr. Ayo Ariyo, for defending the comments made by the Oba of Lagos.
Source
http://www.naij.com/465655-igbos-to-finally-settle-with-yourubas-in-lagos.html?pk_campaign=ush
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by teewhydope(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yawns
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by T8ksy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER!

Ibos must be taught (once and for all) to stop disrespecting their host, in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by madridguy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
One Nigeria

Great Nation.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by afoo02(m): 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
Let there be peace.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Rose2014: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
T8ksy:
NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER!

Ibos must be taught (once and for all) to stop disrespecting their host, in Lagos.

Remind me how you intend teaching them the lesson again. undecided. Olodo

While you're behind your keyboard on nl writing trash about Igbos, they're busy out there buying your lands.

Anyway Buhari will soon start paying you 5k/month so the end to your misery is near cheesy

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by VickJames(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
If only southern Nigeria is peaceful, they'd have been massive development in the region.

Lies and lies have made the region stunted in development

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rose2014:

While you're behind your keyboard on nl writing trash about Igbos, they're busy out there buying your lands.

Anyway Buhari will soon start paying you 5k/month so the end to your misery is near cheesy

How many acres have you bought?

17 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kettykings: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
Onyekachi ubani and co should realize what time it is.
It is time for igbos to divest and redeploy 90% of their investment to the east and Abuja even as you buy up the best places in Lagos
The floods are a sign of things to come, remember how Goodluck Jonathan was treated by these folks.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by teewhydope(m): 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rose2014:

And for your mind nw you thought you've killed it undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kelechi50: 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rose2014:

Bros ur on points

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Bifwoli: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Igbos own half of Lagos and they are going nowhere bcoz the constitution guarantees that anyone is free to live in any part of the republic.

GEJ ,the comeback kid of 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bifwoli:
Igbos own half of Lagos and they are going nowhere bcoz the constitution guarantees that anyone is free to live in any part of the republic.

GEJ ,the comeback kid of 2019.

Aren't you going to Biafra anymore? Don't you want to divest and take your shops to the east anymore?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by T8ksy(m): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rose2014:

@ bolded..........ask your leaders .

Already, as predicted, your leaders are coming back to eat from their vomit.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kettykin: 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
kettykings:
It is time for igbos to divest and redeploy 90% of their investment to the east
The floods are a sign of things to come, remember how Goodluck Jonathan was treated by these folks.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
kettykings:
It is time for igbos to divest and redeploy 90% of their investment to the east and Abuja even as you buy up the best places in Lagos
is Abuja part of igbo land?...

12 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by coolzeal(m): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
A country where a citizen of that same country is called a foreigner because he or she is from a different region. What qualifies an individual a citizen of a country if such ridiculous mindset is at large at certain ethnicity? The only way forward is secession and we all know that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
coolzeal:
A country where a citizen of that same country is called a foreigner because he or she is from a different region. What qualifies an individual a citizen of a country if such ridiculous mindset is at large at certain ethnicity? The only way forward is secession and we all know that.

You make yourself a foreigner anywhere you go from the moment you start treating the indigenous people with disdain. The constitution does not grant you such rights.

13 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by BMedia: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
kettykings:

Which Abuja? Lol.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kettykin: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
One can only imagine what would happen if igbos start divesting from lagos, relocating their pharmaceutical services IT, banking business , creating a new electronics shopping city in the east and Abuja, creating a new cluster for spare parts market in Abuja.
Igbos alone constitute 45% of the population of lagos and more than 60%of the purchasing power. If igbos sponsore their children to schools in the east, the schools in lagos would run dry and bankrupt. Igbos need to widen up. Abuja offers more hope than lagos can ever also with the opening up of akwa ibom to the maritime port business the cities of Aba and Onitsha will become new centres of Nigeria business.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Am tired of hearing we will, we wud soon, u guys shud do something for once in ur life... yorubas we ve been hearing dz we wud do dz and that to igbos for over many years now, yet nothing.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
BMedia:

Which Abuja? Lol.

LOL, the no man's land part.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kettykin: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
is Abuja part of igbo land?...

Abuja is the capital of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
kettykin:
One can only imagine what would happen if igbos start divesting from lagos, relocating their pharmaceutical services IT, banking business , creating a new electronics shopping city in the east and Abuja, creating a new cluster for spare parts market in Abuja.
Igbos alone constitute 45% of the population of lagos and more than 60%of the purchasing power. If igbos sponsore their children to schools in the east, the schools in lagos would run dry and bankrupt. Igbos need to widen up. Abuja offers more hope than lagos can ever also with the opening up of akwa ibom to the maritime port business the cities of Aba and Onitsha will become new centres of Nigeria business.
propaganda doesn't fit u, u re not good at it, try something better...

8 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by coolzeal(m): 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
Aigbofa:

You make yourself a foreigner anywhere you go from the moment you start treating the indigenous people with disdain. The constitution does not grant you such rights.
No sire... You called these people foreigners because you feel threatened by their success and resilient.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
Am tired of hearing we will, we wud soon, u guys shud do something for once in ur life... yorubas we ve been hearing dz we wud do dz and that to igbos for over many years now, yet nothing.

Yoruba are not the aggrieved party here. We are not bitter about any past wars or resentful of others tribes in Nigeria.
Let those who are angry strike the first blow.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Kettykin if u re igbo, and any other igbo here on Nairaland, dat finds my stand abt igbos and Biafra offensive, shud please know dat I hv d best of igbos at heart. I wish we wud organize a meeting or a get together let's all meet together and discuss face to face on my reasons... I can't say it here.
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
Aigbofa:

Yoruba are not the aggrieved party here. We are bitter about any past wars or resentful of others tribes in Nigeria.
Let those who are angry strike the first blow.
I thought u said we desecrate ur culture, disrespect our host etc, is dat not much of a blow, since u find it offensive and annoying, it's time u do sth abt it by throwing d punch at d ppl now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kettykin: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
propaganda doesn't fit u, u re not good at it, try something better...
I understand your grouse, do you know that the Jews lived in Europe for more than 500 years ,all through the roman empire period when the whole of Europe operated as a country.

When Europe became hostile to the Jews, they left and came to America and after the second World war another wave of migration came to America ,today the effect of the migration can be witnessed in the economy and society. If lagos becomes hostile igbos should leave to friendlier cities.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by dunkem21(m): 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rose2014:

You made my Sunday!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by kettykin: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
Kettykin if u re igbo, and any other igbo here on Nairaland, dat finds my stand abt igbos and Biafra offensive, shud please know dat I hv d best of igbos at heart. I wish we wud organize a meeting or a get together let's all meet together and discuss face to face on my reasons... I can't say it here.
I know you have the best of igbos at heart I am sending you mail
Re: Igbos In Lagos State May Be On Settling Their Differences With The Yoruba's by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
coolzeal:
No sire... You called these people foreigners because you feel threatened by their success and resilient.

We call them foreigners because they desecrate the very land that sustained them. Nobody is jealous of you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Unemployment Crisis Worsens; Rate Jumps By 518,000 In 3 Months — NBS / Nigeria Makes Headway In Securing China’s Funding Of Projects / Swear You Didn’t Steal Public Funds, El-rufai Tackles Kaduna Ex-govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.