Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only (9513 Views)

Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / Why Most Of The Science/engineering Graduates Are Unemployed After Graduation? / ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only by omotayo9177: 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2016
jolak5:
send me a pm
Done
Re: If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only by Boldwinner(m): 12:25am On Dec 31, 2016
interested in this deal. Looking into farming businesses.
Re: If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only by abeg222(m): 8:38am On Dec 31, 2016
I am interested
Re: If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only by ewosk: 11:37am On Jan 03, 2017
Phranex:

You actually think i am frustrated grin grin grin grin.

This is making me laugh. Maybe I am, Who wouldnt get frustrated sharing nationality with majority of people who dont think? On the international scene, other countries think we are plain lazy. I received a main from "Y-combinator" (please, browse to see who they are) stating that Africa is not ready for a tech shift that most of us still do things as though we were living in the 1800's (This is a paraphase). I cant believe those guys compared our company to the large majority of africans who are probably primitive (in thoughts). Tell me the truth, if it was you, would you not be frustrated sharing nationality with people who are considered primitive in thoughts?

Although, if ever i am frustrated.. it wouldnt entirely because i share nationality with those africans or because Y-combinator compared us with those africans but because even the africans (for whom we were rejected) do not encourage innovations.

I asked a techpreneur a question.

If facebook,instagram,and twitter were african.. Would the world know it? He told me the plain truth. he said "probably not".

Despite the fact that Y-combinator refused our innovation because they thought african was primitive, have we stopped getting more workers?

NO.

have we stopped our business?

NO

I can assure you that come june 2017, we would have had about 10,000 workers getting paid weekly. My team and I have decided to man up and be the VC we need. We just need to take a portion of our salary every month to finance our startup. Two of my team members are professional doctors (I am too), one is a financial consultant (he was one of the project managers for REMITA). The others are software architects working in a several I.T firms. If the very worst happens, we would still be alright. But then, all the jobs we would have created by virtue of our startup would have gone down the drain.

Do you have an idea of how many persons GOOGLE,FACEBOOK,TWITTER,INSTAGRAM etc have given jobs to? Imagine they were non-existent, how many of those nnumbers would be employed?

At this point, it is african for you to think that i am giving all this explanation because i truly am frustrated. cool cool cool.

Like i said, Maybe I am.Or Maybe not!!

Sir there is a right time, place and space...failure to identify that is bad....even if you have a great intention you have to go about it the right way...you are invariably hijacking this thread...You have an idea and vision create a thread for it...worst and best you should do is drop a link to the thread and let people go there to follow up on what you are presenting...

Back to the matter jare....am interested....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only by omotayo9177: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
cynthia1111:
I am in pls add me 07033017757
Have you been added? I haven't heard anything from the Op since I sent him a pm
Re: If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only by jolak5(m): 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
To everyone that appreciates this initiative and has shown me that we, youths are not as lazy as they tag us to be, i say a very big thank you.
The main reason why i haven't replied most pm is because of the fact that i haven't been able to get anywhere with this great idea. we need sponsors, though i have contacted some, none has replied up till now. i wouldn't like to get everyone's hopes high. But if there is any development, i would add anyone and everybody that has shown interest....
Feel free to comment if you have any idea you think might help in this situation...
Thank you and Godspeed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lng Recriutment / How To Turn Your Internship Into A Real Job / Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Young Engineers Program 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.