Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS (2582 Views)

How APC NWC Foiled Attempt By Okorocha To Stop Imo LG Congresses / Photos From A Foiled Suicide Bomb Attack At University Of Maiduguri Today / El-rufai Writes Pmb, Suggests Ways Of Arresting Drift In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2016
For providing intelligence information that led to the foiling of a terrorist attack on the United States of America (USA), President Barack Obama has written a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, appreciating Nigeria for its role.The United States president also commended the Department of State Services (DSS) which actually provided the intelligence information.A highly placed DSS source who disclosed this yesterday, said that a few months back, men of the service, in the course of their work, got information about a group planning to carry out a terror attack on US grounds and the information was shared with relevant US agencies who collaboratedwith the service to forestall the attack.According to him, Obama in the letter praised the DSS for their professionalism and expertise in the handling of the matter.The source further disclosed that ever since the arrest of Khaid al-Barnawi, leader of Ansaru, a splinter group from Boko Haram, delegations from intelligence services across the world had been visiting Nigeria to consult the DSS as well as interrogate the suspect who is still in custody.Also known as Mohammed Usman, Kafuri, Naziru, Alhaji Yahaya, Mallam Dauda and Alhaji Tanimu, al-Barnawi who was the mastermind of the bombing of the UN building in Abuja was arrested by the DSS inApril this year.Before his arrest by the DSS, the USA Department of State designated him a Specially Designated Global Terrorist under section 1(b) of Executive Order 13224 on June 21, 2012 and announced a reward of$5 million for his arrest.The USA government designated Ansaru, which emerged as a faction of Boko Haram and announced its formation in early 2012 aForeign Terrorist Organisation on 13 November, 2013. Ansaru has close ties to al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) and has sought to target Westerners, including Americans.al-Barnawi is alleged to be behind the May 2011 kidnapping from Kebbi State of a British and an Italian engineer, who remained hostages until they were killed in March 2012. On November 26, 2012, Ansaru members raided a police station in Abuja, killing Nigerian police officers and freeing detained terrorists from prison. Ansaru also claimed responsibility for the December 19, 2012 kidnapping of a French engineer in northwestern Nigeria, and the February 16, 2013 kidnapping and subsequent execution of seven construction workers from Britain, Greece, Lebanon, and Italy.The DSS source said yesterday that, “We arrested the man responsible for the killing of expatriates between 2012 and 2013. TheUS announced a bounty on his head but we arrested him for free. He’s still in our custody and intelligence organisations have been coming to us here, some to interrogatehim.”The source further pointed out that with thesuccess recorded in the area of security under the present administration, Nigeria had regained it’s respect among other nations.“Nigeria’s service chiefs and heads of security organisations are now respected abroad and accorded full protocol as those from their countries get when they visit Nigeria,” he stated, adding that more countries are beginning to call on Nigeria toshare her success tips in that regard.On the issue of Sambisa Forest which was recently recovered from insurgents, while noting that fleeing terrorists were finding their way into the society, he assured that the security agencies were prepared for the fallout of the Sambisa takeover long before the success was recorded and were ready to arrest the remnants of insurgents who fled the Sambisa Forest.He further dismissed insinuations that therewas lack of cooperation among security agencies in the country, insisting that the successes recorded were evidence of the interagency cooperation that exists among them.

http://leadership.ng/news/565354/foiled-terror-attack-on-us-obama-writes-pmb-hails-dss

2 Likes

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2016
El Buhari the king, I hail.

3 Likes

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by morbeta(m): 7:56am On Dec 28, 2016
My birthday is today, so Nairalanders show me some love. 2000 likes and my MMM Sorrows will be over grin

15 Likes

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Pierocash(m): 7:57am On Dec 28, 2016
Yet Wailers wil be comparing PMB with that clueless,corruptin infested otuoke man.
PMB till 2023

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2016
Kyase:
El Buhari the king, I hail.
We are in recession and I know u are hungry
Weldone Sunni Muslim

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by ehikwe22: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2016
And Fulani herdsmen are still on a killing spree.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by sarrki(m): 7:59am On Dec 28, 2016
God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

God Bless Us All

I will stand by you Mr president

All patriots and progressives ate behind you

Wailers and there leaders are confused right now

There camps are in disarray

8 Likes

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Mujaheeeden: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2016
DSS that is fighting Magu has time to foil terrorist plan in US

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Mynd44: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2016
Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by ehikwe22: 8:01am On Dec 28, 2016
It amuses me when people talk about how security has been restored. So Fulani herdsmen killing thousands of Nigerians doesn't qualify as insecurity?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Weldone Sunni Muslim
Lol, wetin be recession? I'm leaving better now compared to 2 years ago so?
Secondly I'm not Muslim oneh.....

1 Like

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by sarrki(m): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Weldone Sunni Muslim

You need a step down transformer for your system

The energy level is low

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by fiizznation: 8:01am On Dec 28, 2016
Pierocash:
Yet Wailers wil be comparing PMB with that clueless,corruptin infested otuoke man.
PMB till 2023
Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:01am On Dec 28, 2016
Pierocash:
PMB till 2023
How much does Buhari use to pack his expensive sh*t annually
Mr anti corruption
Weldone work

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Mujaheeeden: 8:02am On Dec 28, 2016
My Sob Story

I remember once when my dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a raffle ticket for a brand new car. When i got home,i explained to my dad what i did and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day,when my dad woke up and opened the door,outside my house was a brand new car. We all cried especially me,because the car was from the electricity company,they were there to cut off the electricity, my dad beat the crap out of me again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2016
sarrki:

You need a step down transformer for your system

The energy level is low
grin cheesy grin thank you...

1 Like

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Mujaheeeden: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2016
sarrki:
God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

God Bless Us All

I will stand by you Mr president

All patriots and progressives ate behind you

Wailers and there leaders are confused right now

There camps are in disarray

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Buhari and his Sunni DSS are trying to curry favour from Incoming Trump that's why they are beating Al Barnawi to spill nonsense.

Buhari the Goat has nothing to offer
eyah, I sorry for you....

1 Like

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2016
Kyase:

Secondly I'm not Muslim oneh.....
I won't be suprised if u don't know Nigeria is in recession
Enjoy the token u get for defending injustices online while it last
I know all yall

2 Likes

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

I won't be suprised if u don't know Nigeria is in recession
Enjoy the token u get for defending injustices online while it last
I know all yall
Menh this guy is in pains, wow... But don't worry I know your problem.
Next time no do MMM

1 Like

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:08am On Dec 28, 2016
Kyase:
eyah, I sorry for you....
Sorry for urself first
You will get better IJN

1 Like

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Sorry for urself first
You will get better IJN
Amen ooo and you too
Happy new year in advance sha....
Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Pierocash(m): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

How much does Buhari use to pack his expensive sh*t annually
Mr anti corruption
Weldone work
dnt tell me hw much PMB uses anually,he didnt set and allocate those figure to himself,that is the job of RMAAC.spending what is allocated to u is nt corruption,it it deeping ur corruption infested finger on the ones that weren't allocated to u is the highest act of corruption we are talking abt just like ur ituoke man and his gangs of thieves did.
They collected what ws allocated to them in billions,yet embezled our budget for 5 yrs,as,if that ws nt enough,they looted and emptied our foreign reserve,stil went ahead to mortgage our country with debts,conered our oil revenues without documentation.
May God release the plague of Egypt on them.

3 Likes

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:13am On Dec 28, 2016
Kyase:

Menh this guy is in pains, wow... But don't worry I know your problem.
Next time no do MMM
Keep on blabbing
Zombie ism is damn real
Don't worry help is coming
Just hang in there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Keep on blabbing
Zombie ism is damn real
Don't worry help is coming
Just hang in there
Sorry grin

1 Like

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by modath(f): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2016
Kyase:

Secondly I'm not Muslim oneh .....

You should not have disabused the "thing" of its notion, right or wrong... it doesn't really care to know, it's the parochial thinking that being a muslim is an "insult" that prompts them to call everyone that doesn't have the same mindset muslim or afonja...

On Topic....

God bless the nation's security operatives... In the face of everything being thrown at them, they always rise above to keep us (even the ones that clearly don't deserve it cool) safe...

It will be well with us ALL in 2017, insha Allah... In Jesus name, Amen!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:20am On Dec 28, 2016
Pierocash:
dnt tell me hw much PMB uses anually,he didnt set and allocate those figure to himself,that is the job of RMAAC.spending what is allocated to u is nt corruption,it it deeping ur corruption infested finger on the ones that weren't allocated to u is the highest act of corruption we are talking abt just like ur ituoke man and his gangs of thieves did.
They collected what ws allocated to them in billions,yet embezled our budget for 5 yrs,as,if that ws nt enough,they looted and emptied our foreign reserve,stil went ahead to mortgage our country with debts,conered our oil revenues without documentation.
May God release the plague of Egypt on them.
All this grammar just to justify using 60million to pack poo annually
Go check how much others used for the same project......mr anti corruption my foot

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:24am On Dec 28, 2016
modath:

You should not have disabused the "thing" of its notion, right or wrong... it doesn't really care to know, it's the parochial thinking that being a muslim is an "insult" that prompts them to call everyone that doesn't have the same mindset muslim or afonja...

On Topic....

God bless the nation's security operatives... In the face of everything being thrown at them, they always rise above to keep us (even the ones that clearly don't deserve it cool) safe...

Ameen.....amen.
Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:24am On Dec 28, 2016
modath:

On Topic....

I curse the day and the man that lumped you and I in this contraption called a country
We have nothing in common
Culturally religiously or otherwise
That's why we insult each other on internet evry chance we get
Together we can rectify this great mistake
And bring peace to cyberspace
Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

I curse the day and the man that lumped you and I in this contraption called a country
We have nothing in common
Culturally religiously or otherwise
That's why we insult each other on internet evry chance we get
Together we can rectify this great mistake
And bring peace to cyberspace
You're a sad and unhappy kid next door truely my friend......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Kyase:

You're a sad and unhappy kid next door truely my friend......
I know how much energy u expend on ur job
It must be tiring being u
I don't envy u right now
Just hang in there friend grin
Re: Foiled Terror Attack On US: Obama Writes PMB, Hails DSS by Kyase(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

I know how much energy u expend on ur job
It must be tiring being u
I don't envy u right now
Just hang in there friend grin
You need Jesus in your life bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday And Wedding Anniversary To Actor Ali NUHU / PHOTOS: Minister Of Sports, Solomon Dalung Reverts To Islam / Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.