Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits (16308 Views)

In Need Of Labourer Specialize In Uprooting Trees And Shrubs / Who Knows The Correct Name For These Grasses / Transforming Cassava Peels Into Animal Feed; For Feeding Livestock And Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
many people spend money on Rabbit formulated feeds thereby increasing their cost of production. but as for me I give them fresh grasses. my rabbits don't drink water because they're always on fresh grasses. even if I put the water,it will remain untouched. also availability of fresh leafs provides the necessary vitamins and minerals needed for good growth and health. I have recorded just one mortality since my 4 years of raising rabbits.
I will share some of the grasses I give my rabbits

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2016

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2016

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2016

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2016

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
5 six o clock weed

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
6 tridax

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
7 . water leaf

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
feel free to contact me for more details

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by great107: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pls the name of grasses
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by warriking(m): 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
Pls can u tell us the name of these grasses? I know one the last one (water leaf)

1 Like

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by GlorytoGod: 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
Prosperousman:
feel free to contact me for more details
What is the name of no 3 and no 4?
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Turks: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
Number 5 is called Chanka Piedra
Prosperousman:
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by saidu4urp(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
thanks very much for a job well done , please can u take ur time to tell us the name of these plant thanks very much for ur time may God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
Prosperousman:
6'o clock weed
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
Prosperousman:
water leaf
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
ewedu

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
calapogonium

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by saintjoel(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
Prosperousman:
many people spend money on Rabbit formulated feeds thereby increasing their cost of production. but as for me I give them fresh grasses. my rabbits don't drink water because they're always on fresh grasses. even if I put the water,it will remain untouched. also availability of fresh leafs provides the necessary vitamins and minerals needed for good growth and health. I have recorded just one mortality since my 4 years of raising rabbits.
I will share some of the grasses I give my rabbits

How profitable is the business?

1 Like

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2017
saintjoel:

How profitable is the business?
it's very profitable once you have market for it. Rabbit gestation period is 30 days, so a female Rabbit can litter 5 to 6 times per year with average of 5 to 8 kittens per litter. currently the price of a month rabbit ranges from N700 to N1500 depending on the available market .
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Mizsirmiel(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pls more info am following...
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by dgitrader(m): 4:08am On Mar 14, 2017
Nice one.
Can u show us a few pictures of their housing? Also, how do u get grasses during the dry seasons? . Thanks
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by eddyline(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2017
can one feed moringa leaves to rabbits?
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 9:10pm On May 04, 2017
offcourse, you can feed moringa to rabbits but not much, it helps to increase their immune system, but avoid giving them the white moringa flowers, it is believed to cause foetal abortion in some animals,
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by eddyline(m): 11:45pm On May 04, 2017
Prosperousman:
offcourse, you can feed moringa to rabbits but not much, it helps to increase their immune system, but avoid giving them the white moringa flowers, it is believed to cause foetal abortion in some animals,
thanks a million
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Segzycares(m): 2:01am On Sep 07, 2018
Pls i need ur help
I just bought a pregnant rabbit which i dont know the due time for her to deliver. Presently she is makin some sound when ever i touch her. Pls what do u think.
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by excanny: 6:49am On Sep 07, 2018
What's the weight difference feeding purely grass vs grains?
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Ajokeade17: 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please I have some bunny, can I feed them with elephant grass and lemon grass?
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2018
Segzycares:
Pls i need ur help
I just bought a pregnant rabbit which i dont know the due time for her to deliver. Presently she is makin some sound when ever i touch her. Pls what do u think.

are you sure it's pregnant? you have to be sure by palpating the rabbit. the sound it's making may be mating sound.
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2018
excanny:
What's the weight difference feeding purely grass vs grains?

the rabbits will definitely grow bigger and faster when fed with grains. grass can be given as supplements.

from my experience, feeding rabbits purely on grasses and shrubs reduces disease infestation and use of antibiotics. but the rate of growth is lower than those placed on grain diet
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 8:21am On Sep 09, 2018
Ajokeade17:
Please I have some bunny, can I feed them with elephant grass and lemon grass?

they can eat elephant grass but not in much quantity to avoid bloat ( protruding of the stomach). I've not really tried lemon grass on rabbits.

2 Likes

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2018
Dude grasses alone will not give you the needed qeight gain.. Its healthy, but u are aware fresh grasses can lead to bloat right I care to go into this but not now,
Op pls Allow me
Any one interested in joining rabbitkingdom group should send a watsapp message to +234 705 302 0957 requesting for the invite link.. Free... Group is almost filled up tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gardening: How To Water Plants For A Month At No Cost (Pictures) / My 2022 Farm Diary / Pioneer Maize Seed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.