Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits (16398 Views)

In Need Of Labourer Specialize In Uprooting Trees And Shrubs / Who Knows The Correct Name For These Grasses / Transforming Cassava Peels Into Animal Feed; For Feeding Livestock And Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by ayamprecious: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
matured rabbits for sale
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Ajokeade17: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2018
Prosperousman:

the rabbits will definitely grow bigger and faster when fed with grains. grass can be given as supplements.

from my experience, feeding rabbits purely on grasses and shrubs reduces disease infestation and use of antibiotics. but the rate of growth is lower than those placed on grain diet
Thanks. As have said that some days ago, I have two little cute bunny which has been on elephant grass and little grain as chicken feeds. But immediately I read your write up, I changed them to that leaf in your forth picture and water leaf which they have been taking mostly and I saw that their water intake have reduced. Unfortunately, I lost my pretty which is the female one on Monday overnight. No signs of distress, they were both all lovey dovey throughout the day and night. Just met her lifeless body in the room that serve them. Don't know what could have happened. So painful as we have come to love them and see them as pets. After Google Search likely reasons, I came to the conclusion that it may have been GI stasis -gastrointestinal problem due to some food they re taking or must have takened. Any idea of what might have caused this and likely solution as I don't want to lose Chiefbunny too? Urgent answer will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ajokeade17:
Thanks. As have said that some days ago, I have two little cute bunny which has been on elephant grass and little grain as chicken feeds. But immediately I read your write up, I changed them to that leaf in your forth picture and water leaf which they have been taking mostly and I saw that their water intake have reduced. Unfortunately, I lost my pretty which is the female one on Monday overnight. No signs of distress, they were both all lovey dovey throughout the day and night. Just met her lifeless body in the room that serve them. Don't know what could have happened. So painful as we have come to love them and see them as pets. After Google Search likely reasons, I came to the conclusion that it may have been GI stasis -gastrointestinal problem due to some food they re taking or must have takened. Any idea of what might have caused this and likely solution as I don't want to lose Chiefbunny too? Urgent answer will be appreciated. Thanks.

I've had similar case in the past. it can be attributed to the following;

food poisoning: when rabbits are fed with grasses and shrubs, ensure they are free from contaminants such as whitish mucour like stain( which houses spiders and some other insects).
late feeding: don't allow the rabbit to get too hungry before feeding them, they will rush the feed which will later disrupt their Gastro intestinal tract. rabbits have a habit of sniffing feeds before eating to be able to identify the bad ones, but if they get too hungry, they may eat it up without checking properly.

feeding system: care should be taken when changing rabbits diet, most especially from leaves to grains and vice versa. the new feeds should be introduced gradually with the old feeding method so the rabbits would adapt.

2 Likes

Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by IRIENBOY(m): 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nice
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Ajayiisaac0237: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2022
Best leave and grass that can be use to treat rabbit
Plz I need answer
Re: Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits by Prosperousman(m): 12:01am On May 04, 2022
Ajayiisaac0237:
Best leave and grass that can be use to treat rabbit
Plz I need answer
It depends on what you want to treat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gardening: How To Water Plants For A Month At No Cost (Pictures) / Flemish Giant Rabbits Now Available (pics) / Nigerian Kidnap Gangs Drive Big-time Nigerian Farmers Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.