Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature (34812 Views)

See The Real Meaning Of The Logo Of Mercedes Benz! / Types Of Rims In Cars, Their Uses And How They Work / Cars-their Names,meaning And Nomenclature-part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Handsomecole(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
What of INNOSON?? undecided
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Princess4ng(f): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
I know of "Thank u daddy, Big for Nothing" etc ... Some pple go insult me sha
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Phonefanatic: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
naptu2:

The Citroën DS (shown below) was very popular in Nigeria in the 1970s. The sedan, the coupe and the convertible were very popular. Nigerians were crazy about its hydropneumatic suspension system which enabled you to raise and lower the car. The headlights could also swivel

Good evening sir.
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Kaslyni: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
muller101:
BMW. Broke my wallet. AUDI. Automobile under demonic influence. FIAT. Failed italian automotive technology. VOLVO. Very old looking vehicular object. GMC. Get mechanic crazy. FORD. Fails on rainy day. TOYOTA. The one you ought to avoid. DODGE. Daily overhaul do get expensive JEEP. Junk engineering executed poorly.

Lawlz... grin >: grin

Which kan person be this one again
The VOLVO decryption really got me cracking

1 Like

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by saaedlee: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
Please what of Keke

1 Like

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Brushless: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
naptu2:

The Citroën DS (shown below) was very popular in Nigeria in the 1970s. The sedan, the coupe and the convertible were very popular. Nigerians were crazy about its hydropneumatic suspension system which enabled you to raise and lower the car. The headlights could also swivel

That was a car I was proud of then way back, even Mercedes could not withstand its popularity.
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by NemzySeries(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ziggiman:
Wow. What of Dino Melaye's Royce rolls?
Wetin we go call that one.
Melaye Rolls or Dino Royce
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
innoson nkor?
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by NemzySeries(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Abujaexpress:
What of Nissan?
dos yoruba peepz frm Ogun can relate to dis
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by engrkaz(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
passyhansome:
O P what about DANFO
named after Usman the son of Fodio. UsmanDANFOdio

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by ogologoamu: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
PaperLace:
Mercedes Benz _ I read it somewhere or I was told (can't remember which angry) , long-time ago that it was named after the daughter of Karl Benz.

I would name my daughter Mercedes, the name has been ministering to me. smiley

Hope she will have a strong shock absorber that will withstand all the HEAVY cassavas that will like to drive her?.

1 Like

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by dunmotuscana(m): 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
HORCH means LISTEN in german, AUDI means LISTEN in LATIN. Not long as you said.
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ishilove:
What of Volkswagen (pronounced Folksvagin)?
Volks(folks) meaning ''the people or just 'people'

Wagen(wagon) meaning car

Volkswagen = the people's car

Your pronunciation for the word is common

Danke!
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by FILEBE(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
9jakohai:

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing ....IVM, the vehichle manufacturing division of Innoson's group of companies.

it should also be on the list. it is high time we started hyping our products abi what do u think?

1 Like

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Ishilove: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
chymevicks:

Volks(folks) meaning ''the people or just 'people'

Wagen(wagon) meaning car

Volkswagen = the people's car

Your pronunciation for the word is common

Danke!
Danke grin
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Suzyky4u(f): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
good
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Suzyky4u(f): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
very good
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by bomasek(m): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
KIA- Killed In Accident
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by MONITZ: 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
muller101:
BMW. Broke my wallet. AUDI. Automobile under demonic influence. FIAT. Failed italian automotive technology. VOLVO. Very old looking vehicular object. GMC. Get mechanic crazy. FORD. Fails on rainy day. TOYOTA. The one you ought to avoid. DODGE. Daily overhaul do get expensive JEEP. Junk engineering executed poorly.

Hahaha, u re one crazy dude. U turned well meaning Acronyms into crazy and shitty ones...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by geunik(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
PaperLace:
Mercedes Benz _ I read it somewhere or I was told (can't remember which angry) , long-time ago that it was named after the daughter of Karl Benz.

it was own by two men
while the first man gave his name to be used (Mercedes), the second mn gave his daughters name (Benz)
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by sniperr007(m): 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
PaperLace:
Mercedes Benz _ I read it somewhere or I was told (can't remember which >sad) , long-time ago that it was named after the daughter of Karl Benz.

lipsrsealed
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
What about:
FAV
OOHH
FOR !

You forgot that one.
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by sekem: 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2016

Illuminati symbols everywhere!!! cry
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 29, 2016
Datsun and 504 were the cars I was using to learn how to drive.
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by techycontents(m): 6:42am On Dec 29, 2016
Ishilove:

You're so smart
With the help of Google... everyone is now Smart...
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by Ishilove: 7:23am On Dec 29, 2016
techycontents:

True, but Naptu2 is smarter than the average google searcher

1 Like

Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by mzzhavilah(f): 7:35am On Dec 29, 2016
PaperLace:

me too grin i love dat name,would also name my child.
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by jagbajantus: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
What about keke na pepe?
And Raleigh BICYCLE nko? Mobylette, Vespa, kabu-kabu, Bole-kaja nko?
What about Morris Minor and Bentley, Landrover, Toyota, Honda & Isuzu. Also add BEDFORD lorry. Abi, why not?

Seriously, how did the originator of this thread forget to include Mercedes among those famous auto brands?
What about Lambo and Porsche? And what about Rolls Royce, Ferrari and Bugatti?
The original founders of Mercedes were Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz in 1926 in Stuttgart, Germany. And the company was named after both of them as Daimler-Benz.
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by An0nimus: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2016
techycontents:

Ishilove:

Only time Naptu2 needs google is to get videos and images cheesy
Re: Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature by naptu2: 7:16am On Dec 30, 2016
techycontents:

Ishilove:

An0nimus:

Only time Naptu2 needs google is to get videos and images cheesy

cheesy cheesy

This reminds me of something that a young friend of mine posted on Facebook. His son said, "Daddy, you were born in two thousand and. . .?" (expressing his belief that everybody was born in the 21st century).
The truth is that I first read the story of the Volkswagen Beetle in 1985 or '86 in the Britannica Encyclopedia and I watched a Transtel (Cologne) documentary about it in 1990. Google was started in 1998.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vibrating Car Engine: Causes / Confirmed: Rolls-royce Cullinan SUV Is Coming With Suicide Doors (photos) / 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.