Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,700 members, 7,865,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:08 AM

20 Practical Things To Consider Before Giving Up On Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 20 Practical Things To Consider Before Giving Up On Love (564 Views)

Lady Intends Giving Up Scholarship To Study Abroad Because Of Her Boyfriend / Download Mp3 Messages By Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo On Love, Dating, Marriage, Sex / Man Buys A Car For His Wife For Not Giving Up On Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Practical Things To Consider Before Giving Up On Love by oswaggiee(m): 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2016

If you’re feeling like there’s no one in the world for you and you just want to give up on love altogether, you may want to read this first.

Love sucks. I mean it REALLY sucks. Forget all of those fairytale movies about how the guy comes swooping in and rescues his damsel in distress and they fall

madly in love and live happy ever after... as soon as they defeat those bad guys.

Love is NOT that simple. Behind all the butterflies and fairy tales, love can sometimes rear an ugly, heartbreaking side. Nobody ever explained that part of love to me, so I’d like to make sure that others are well informed before diving into a relationship.

Okay, so love might not be ALL bad.

I blame my cynical ways and nightmarish past relationships for that momentary rant about how much love can be a pain in the butt. Truthfully, I love love. And so does everyone else. That’s why we spend years upon years in search of our “one true love.”

Love means having someone to share your secrets with, someone to support you when times get tough, and even someone to tell you when you’re being a whiney little brat and you need to shut the hell up. Everyone should have that person in their lives.

Giving up on love is not the solution

I know what you’re thinking: “No. I don’t NEED someone like that. I am just fine on my own.” And while I completely believe that you can live life without having that type of companion, I know that deep down, you want one.

Nobody should feel so helpless in their love life that they actually give up on love altogether. These are all really important things you should consider before throwing in the towel and calling it quits with love for good.

#1 You’re not alone. In fact, there could be a very attractive, kind, and sweet person out there who’s perfect for you and who is feeling the same way you are: that love sucks and they should just give it up.

There are thousands of people every day crying over buckets of melting ice cream, playing breakup songs on repeat, and swearing off love for good because they just can’t seem to get it right. You’re not the only one feeling this way.

#2 Love doesn’t happen right away. Contrary to what all those damn romantic comedies may have you believing, love doesn’t happen in a week. In fact, it can take a LONG time for you to find someone to love. But just because it doesn’t happen the second you want it to doesn’t mean it will never happen.

#3 You might be too picky. How high are your standards? Maybe you should forget about giving up on love and reevaluate your standards for love. You could just be too picky and may need to be more open-minded about different types of people.

#4 You might be too young to find love. Everyone matures at a different rate. While some people may end up marrying their elementary school crush, you could be forced to wait until your 30s before really finding the person you’re meant to spend your life with.

#5 You’re not dating the right kinds of people. You might think that you know what you want, but if you keep going for the same type of people and end up heartbroken or unsatisfied with each one, you could be dating the wrong type.

#6 No, you’re not unlovable. You might be a huge pain in the butt, but you’re not unlovable, even if you try to be. Get this thought out of your head immediately. I know it’s easy to think this if you’re not finding love, but it’s just not true.

#7 There’s nothing wrong with being single for a while. In fact, I would say that it’s actually a REALLY good thing. Being single can steer you in the direction of love, even when you’re not looking for it. [

#8 Love is no easy feat. It’s hard work. If you just give up at the first sign of struggle, you’re not going to find love. You have to work hard every day in order to really have a successful relationship.

#9 Trying too hard to find love will make it more difficult. If you’re giving up on love because you’re super sick of trying and failing, you could just be trying too hard. Before giving up, just stop looking. Be open to the idea of love, but don’t actively seek it.

#10 If you give up, you may miss out on a great person. “Oh gee, I’m sorry, Mr. Good-Looking, but I’ve given up on love, so I’ll have to pass on that amazing-sounding date.”

If you swear off love and then end up meeting someone great, only to dismiss them because you have to stick with your ridiculous rule of giving up love, you could miss out on The One.

#11 You’ll regret not putting yourself out there when you’re older. You might be sitting there someday *even with a spouse* and regret the years you never went for it and dated around a while before settling down. So don’t give up – you might hate that you did in the future.

#12 You’ll be really lonely. Humans need more than just friends and family in their lives. They need someone to be close with on an intimate level. You’ll be really lonely for a long time if you just give up on love altogether.

#13 You’re not thinking clearly. Because honestly, no one in their right mind would give up on love. So therefore, you’re in your wrong mind. Having a heartbreak or traumatic event like that may cause you to think about giving up on love. But don’t make such a rash decision when you’re so emotional.

#14 You’ll eventually be really unhappy. Love may be hard and sad

COMPLETE THE GIST HERE http://kleeqers.com/dating-love/articles/dating-love/20-practical-things-to-consider-before-giving-up-on-love
Re: 20 Practical Things To Consider Before Giving Up On Love by ShayGirl(f): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice points!!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Enjoy Sex? / Wada Bleep Is This / Guy Claims He Has Only Had Sex With One Lady Since 12 - See The Reply He Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.