Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards (32438 Views)

Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Ayatullah(m): 4:39am On Dec 29, 2016
Number2:
two days ago I was sitting down on my own in church when one of our pastors in my youth church called me out, only for this man to say that I should go and clear my beards... I asked him why, and he was like, 'have you seen the General Overseer of this church keeping beards,' is not good for Christians to keep beards and that I should go and clear my well shaved beards, the same pastor told my younger bro that he don't want to see him with beards again or else....

'no be say the tin rough o like mad man own o'.. hmm. na wa oo... and it got me wondering, what has beard got to do with my salvation... Dats how some churches loose their youths to another church over little things... God help us

Ask your pastor whether the 'bear bear' every picture of Jesus shows him with is fake. Ask your Pastor what he will do when Jesus come again with his 'bear bear'. Will he get his shaving stick ready to shave him? My brother your pastor is an Anti-Christ! Beware of him.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by tafrica(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2016
Image123:
Social perception. The society we live in see beards as indiscipline, uncivilized,irresponsible and tainted. That's why you'll hardly see military people with beard. Those who wear them are usually muslim or weed smokers or insane. It's a thing of perception and perhaps not being spotted or tainted. Your beards should not be so dear to you as to make you leave your church or ministry or offend your brethren,if it does. Show yourself it's just a beard.

Where do you people come from to see beards as indiscipline, uncivilized, irresponsible? who gave such standard?
Pastors, men from different walks of life keep beards and still look decent, it depends on how well shaven it is. The same way you can either look decent or indecent with clothes, not everyone looks like uncivilized with beards, it all depends on how you keep the beards. Stop stereotyping.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by seangy4konji: 5:49am On Dec 29, 2016
Even my father can not shave my beard not to talk of a pastor.

You have time on your hands.

Beard gangs .

Ps. Where can I get beard oil in Abuja. Pm me if you sell.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Pylony(m): 6:21am On Dec 29, 2016
What do you expect, when many are just sunday sunday tonic type of christians who don't even take time to study the bible for a whole week, in order to know what its saying? Rather they just sit down to listen to what ever any man call a preacher force down their brains. Study the word yourself or stand the chance of being manipulated by all those prophets of doom pretending to be call into the vineyard of the most high.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Alvin007: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2016
rhektor:

Check your second meme...even Morgan Freeman has a beard.. cheesy
Beardless boy..

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by megainvest: 6:26am On Dec 29, 2016
SAMAYODELE:
Op pls tell me that of all places to seek advice, the best place for you is here?? Oh come on. I am very sure u re aware that these people will haul insults to this innocent man of God. I pray u understand the meaning of what you have just done.
He adviced you to shave your beards. So?? I heard you cant be a surgeon with bushy beards. I guess u will opt out of med school if the consultant commands(not advice) you to shave before you enter the theatre.
Itz well..

OP did not say he wants to be a Pastor in the church. He was sitting on his own and the Pastor decided to confront him because of his own unconscious bias towards beards. How can you tell your church members not to grow beards? Soon they will say dont drive white cars or wear green clothes! Is that what they should be focusing on? It's better we speak the truth here so that those who desire to know the real truth of the word can find it. I have studied and still study my own bible for myself several times. What the Pastor said is very inconsistent with the word. It negates what Jesus and Paul stood for. In fact Paul vehemently stood against such doctrines.
Read Galatians 2.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Auki: 6:36am On Dec 29, 2016
It seems to me like Muslim are more like Christ-like.

Jesus keeps Beard
Jesus didn't take alcohol
Jesus called God alone
Jesus didn't eat pork

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by prudentsea(m): 6:40am On Dec 29, 2016
I keep beards too, just little down my jaw and I just love it like that. Am not really convince either wrong or right. I only make sure it doesn't make me look thuggery.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by jblackbell(m): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2016
I have a strong feeling that the OP just fabricated this story, why is it taking him for ever to post a picture of his Beards
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by rhektor(m): 7:07am On Dec 29, 2016
Alvin007:

Beardless boy..

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2016
Alvin007:

Beardless boy..

So having beards is now an achievement? Abeg let's hear word! Are you the first?
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=rhektor post=52347952][/quote]

cheesy cheesy Love that Huey (The Boondocks) meme.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by dangotesmummy: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2016
xtivin:
Beards keeping is not a sin, however it has so disadvantages in the society we find ourselves, the pastor was just trying to put you in a good looking path but he should have told you the implications of keeping beards, one of them is safety from police especially on highway.
so how come wole soyinka hasn't been arrested since all this years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2016
Na wa o. Churches and the high standards sef. Look at pastors who are leading the kind of life Jesus would kick against if he was still alive. Instructing someone to wipe off his beards. Na by force? Pastors and trivial stuffs eh.

See as Africans carry religion for head like gala. Dem say make man nor carry long hair. But the same white people when invent religion come bring am down to gullible africans dey carry long hair.

See as we just dey mumu ourselves.
Smh.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Alvin007: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2016
MsDelilah:

So having beards is now an achievement? Abeg let's hear word! Are you the first?
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Alvin007: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2016
MsDelilah:

Considering the way u go about looking for trouble everywhere...I'd love to believe your account has been hacked.. angry
I miss 'ladymercedes'..
tongue
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by itunesgiftcard(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2016
Number2:
two days ago I was sitting down on my own in church when one of our pastors in my youth church called me out, only for this man to say that I should go and clear my beards... I asked him why, and he was like, 'have you seen the General Overseer of this church keeping beards,' is not good for Christians to keep beards and that I should go and clear my well shaved beards, the same pastor told my younger bro that he don't want to see him with beards again or else....

'no be say the tin rough o like mad man own o'.. hmm. na wa oo... and it got me wondering, what has beard got to do with my salvation... Dats how some churches loose their youths to another church over little things... God help us

He is preventing the coming of evil spirits into the church cause they might hide in your beards and gain entrance into the church....
grin grin grin

If na me I go look am say ehennnnnn. OK nau......Na so

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by sunnyt1(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2016
Number2:

the same thing happened in my church on sunday, are u sure its nt u. dnt want to mention ur name or the church bt pastors are begining to mislead people by enforcing man made rules. thank goodness we can all assess the bible
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 29, 2016
Alvin007:

Considering the way u go about looking for trouble everywhere...I'd love to believe your account has been hacked.. angry
I miss 'ladymercedes'..
tongue

This is "Delilah". Did you see Mercedes anywhere in my moniker? undecided
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Alvin007: 10:12am On Dec 29, 2016
MsDelilah:

This is "Delilah". Did you see Mercedes anywhere in my moniker? undecided

Ok msdelilah...I won't be the first to grow beards, neither will I be the last...but I'll never beef someone who 'naturally' has what I don't have...instead I'll appreciate what I have...coz some don't have it..I wouldn't mind trading places with this 'beardless' dude u're defending...having beards, comes with a lotta shaving stress..but I decided to see the good sides to it..'beardgang'..
Enjoy your day 'Delilah'
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Topshow2010(m): 11:38am On Dec 29, 2016
A lot of kids on nairaland !op is just being mischievious on dis.from ur post,I could infer u re a worker in rccg wch means u re already acquainted wit d laid down rules for a befitting worker in d church especially if u re in d ushering ,choir etc .Pls grow up and stop casting aspersion on d system.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Kaodek(m): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
saxwizard:
grin ask him for money to cut it.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by menshaircuts: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
This is the problem my hairs are not growing well....I have used some products to grow my hairs speedly Men hair Poducts any hairstyle products that is more suitable to our hairs... b
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Image123(m): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
tafrica:

Where do you people come from to see beards as indiscipline, uncivilized, irresponsible? who gave such standard?
Pastors, men from different walks of life keep beards and still look decent, it depends on how well shaven it is. The same way you can either look decent or indecent with clothes, not everyone looks like uncivilized with beards, it all depends on how you keep the beards. Stop stereotyping.

i clearly said it is SOCIAL PERCEPTION, not my personal opinion. You may also see this and this one. Evidently, it is not a local idea or something i formulated. Learn the meaning of the words 'perception' and 'stereotyping'.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Image123(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
JohnXcel:
Another stu.pid thought.

Live your life according to GOD'S WORD, not the DICTATES of men.

Ask Jesus why He was baptised in water despite nothing in God's Word stating so, or ask Paul why he had a vow at Cenchrea or circumcised Timothy despite not been under the law. Christianity is not just about following or disobeying a set of rules.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2016
Image123:

Ask Jesus why He was baptised in water despite nothing in God's Word stating so, or ask Paul why he had a vow at Cenchrea or circumcised Timothy despite not been under the law. Christianity is not just about following or disobeying a set of rules.
I repeat, live your life according to God's WORD, not the dictates of men.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by stanleyalpacino(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Shezhawt:
Pic of the beard, It's probably not worth keeping

Chisos.... shocked shocked

*visits her profile again*

shocked shocked Wow wow I can't help but to be your siren, wow wow. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Image123(m): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
JohnXcel:
I repeat, live your life according to God's WORD, not the dictates of men.

Better yet, live your life according to the leading of the Holy Spirit, the way Jesus would. Many Pharisees there be who live their lives "according to God's word".
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2016
Image123:

Better yet, live your life according to the leading of the Holy Spirit, the way Jesus would. Many Pharisees there be who live their lives "according to God's word".
Exactly, God's WORD and it's author: The Holy Spirit. Thank you.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by delishpot: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
He prolly associates beards with Islam.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by arabianights: 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
MrMcJay:

Please, keep Islam out of this discussion. If I analyse the hypocrisy of Muslims for you, you'll be monumentally disgraced.

Thank you.
Please I would love for you to analyse the hypocrisy of over 1.5bn people. Just because of a few bad eggs in which every religion has does not mean u can confidently analyse and conclude.
Counsel, I expected better presentation from you.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by MrMcJay(m): 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
arabianights:
Please I would love for you to analyse the hypocrisy of over 1.5bn people. Just because of a few bad eggs in which every religion has does not mean u can confidently analyse and conclude.
Counsel, I expected better presentation from you.

Hmmn. My bad, I withdraw my earlier unguarded comment. I apologize. Thanks for the caution.

Meanwhile, I was looking for you during Sallah, but you were not here. Wanted to collect my ram meat from you.

Happy 2017 in advance. I wish you all the blessings of the season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fr Mbaka Shuts Adoration Ground Over Alleged Threat To Life / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 28th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Mbaka Blasts Ekweremadu: Says He's Suffering Political 'Quary Gada Quary Gada'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.