Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Obsessed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Obsessed (4870 Views)

Obsessed (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obsessed by Godmother(f): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hey guys, I know I said I was going to start The Players' Game , but I have a lot of unfinished stories and very little motivation to wrap them up so I decided to start posting them here. I know readers asking for updates will spur me to finish them up. So, here's one of them titled OBSESSED. Enjoy!

Copyright ©2016

No part of this story may be reproduced by any means without the prior permission by the author. Anyone who wishes to repost this story to any other online forum, Facebook group, blog or any other website should endeavor to acknowledge the author's identity and kindly notify the author by sending him a mail.

Title: OBSESSED

Cast
Lynette
Allan
Alicia
Shirley
Karen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obsessed by CyberGypsy(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
I just hope its gonna be interesting sha
fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by Godmother(f): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
Cast Cont'd

Karen

akejujoe
ajaxtea
TOmmyJidex
MoriYanu
Yuneehk
yorhmienerd
CivilzedTyger
Nmaglit
Shabib
luvlylady2
Perfectionist11
GoodieAmy
Kay29000
Karchisbarbie
Adesiji77
Cetona
Chizzyblinks
RemenZack
Sexiestcrown
Chizzyblinks
Dklef
Divepen1
Luckysbab
Snowangel4
Ayobee
D9ty7
Missmossy
Sexiestcrown
Hybrid01
ammy4id
Iomoge2

3 Likes

Re: Obsessed by Divepen1(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nl didn't mention my name oo I just pop in to read from my OGA..

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by Godmother(f): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Divepen1:
Nl didn't mention my name oo
I just pop in to read from my OGA..

You are my oga ooo cheesy
Glad you are here, Divepen.
I start the story by 8pm. Just waiting to charge.
Re: Obsessed by Divepen1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Godmother:

You are my oga ooo cheesy Glad you are here, Divepen. I start the story by 8pm. Just waiting to charge.
Waiting things ..

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by yorhmienerd(m): 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
NEW BLOCKBUSTER ALERT!!!

TITLE: OBSESSED

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/DIRECTOR: GODMOTHER

VENUE: SilverBird Galleria, Lit. Section, NL

GATE FEE: Free!!!

MAKE YOUR SEAT RESERVATIONS

Jagugu88li
Creeza
Veekid
Lawlahdey
KissChrix
Swann
Bibijay123
MozB
Room089
Et al

Pls, avoid quoting the whole post to avoid spamming of mentions

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obsessed by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
Yorhmienerd.. thank you dear wink

Lemme find a dark corner to sit.. I sense sensual sturvvs in this story lipsrsealed

Godmother.. Nothing does you, ma

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
yorhmienerd:
NEW BLOCKBUSTER ALERT!!!

Jagu'gu88li
Cree'za
Veek'id
Lawla'hdey
KissC'hrix
Swa'nn
Bibija'y123
Moz'B
Room0'89
Et al

Thanks for the mention Gee smiley Let's see how this pans out

Lawlahdey come and see a potential blockbuster
Re: Obsessed by veekid(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
yorhmienerd:
NEW BLOCKBUSTER ALERT!!!

Jagugu88li
Creeza
Veekid
Lawlahdey
KissChrix
Swann
Bibijay123
MozB
Room089
Et al

Yeah! Here we go; thanks for the mention niccur
Re: Obsessed by iomoge2(f): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
My glasses is missing and am short sighted....
Front row gat me.

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
KissChrix:

Thanks for the mention Gee smiley Let's see how this pans out

Lawlahdey come and see a potential blockbuster
I'm here already oh.. With my blanket

2 Likes

Re: Obsessed by Creeza(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
Leggo !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obsessed by viktohmarkz(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
so I don geh my seat, first row.

check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by bobbyluis(m): 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
8pm don knack na abi we d do African time for here too?

2 Likes

Re: Obsessed by Godmother(f): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2016

Prologue
Lynette walked down the school hall, aware of a dozen pairs on eyes on her as she moved along. There were hushed whispers as she drew closer, and some conversations that were suddenly stopped.

This was a scenario she was used to and she ignored it, sauntering slowly along. There was definitely a problem here, but she knew it wasn’t from her. These people were all weird, they just didn’t know it yet.

She was aware of the names they called her; weirdo, loony, but she felt there was an error somewhere. Those names didn’t apply to her; at least she didn’t feel they did. She felt perfectly at ease, very in tune with her emotions and inner self so she didn’t give a hoot what they thought of her.

She got to the end of the hall and pushed the doors outwards. The sun was suddenly on her face and she cupped her palm to her forehead, shielding her eyes from its glare.

The school bus was parked by the side of the school fence. This was the second bus and the smaller of the two buses the school owned. The main school bus left over 45 minutes ago. This one was fast filling up but she ignored it, choosing to walk instead like she always did. It was more comforting to her when she walked instead as she had her thoughts to herself and didn’t have to contend with the strange, sometimes hostile glances that were cast her way.

She chose a walkpath that was fairly deserted this time of day and set on her journey. It was perfect. Now she was in her comfort zone. She didn’t have to make polite conversations or call out a greeting to a familiar face she didn't like.

Her home was a thirty minutes walk and she knew she would be home in no time. She would soon be in the company of her mother and sister who were also weird. She felt out of place in their company, just like she did everyone else.

Mrs Thomas, her mother, was forever yapping about her life and how her habit of being a recluse was going to get her nowhere, saying she needed to mingle more.

Lynette hated her; hated them all. She dreaded going home, dreaded the constant nagging, recriminations and criticisms. She wished there was someplace she could go; an island where she didn’t need to and wouldn’t see anyone.

“Good afternoon, mom”, Lynette muttered under her breath, scowling past her mother in the living room as she headed for her room.

“You are late”, Mrs Thomas called out. “School closed about two hours ago. What kept you?”

Lynette fumed, but showed a serene outward appearance. “I stayed back for detention and walked back home.”

“Detention? Again?” Mrs Thomas echoed. “What did you do this time?”

“Nothing mom.”

“Nothing earned you a detention?” Mrs Thomas asked in disbelief. “You really should be more careful, Lyn. This is your third detention this week and you had one last week. Why cant you get along with your teachers and fellow students?”

“I’m trying, mom” Lynette muttered, itching to leave. She wished the lecture would be over already. It was constant, almost like a daily anthem now and she was sick of it. She wished her mother would just disappear at that point so she wouldn’t have to see her again or hear one more lecture.

“Well….you need to try harder”, Mrs Thomas replied, not letting up and slightly upset. “I really don’t understand why you are so different from your sister. Why are you so antagonistic and problem-prone? You stand out like a sore thump everywhere you go. Why can’t you be friendlier?”

“I’m trying to, mom”, Lynette replied calmly, but within she was smoldering at the comparison with her sister. She didn’t want to and would never be like her. She didn’t see the sense in being a weak version of a thing when she could be a strong, vibrant copy; herself. “Can I be excused?”

Mrs Thomas sighed as she watched her sixteen-year-old daughter leave before she gave her the go-ahead to do so. She worried daily about her younger daughter. Lynette had always been a difficult child; withdrawn, moody and problematic from infancy. She had become callous and unemotional as she grew and they couldn’t attribute her strange behaviour to any reason.

The few counselors they’d been to had advised being warm and very involved with her to draw her out of her shell and make her drop the negative traits, but nothing seemed to work. Lynette had only developed the habit of masking her insensitivity when she wanted and would put on a false charm. She lacked compassion and empathy, and Mrs Thomas was secretly scared of her own child.

The children’s father passed on five years after Lynette was born, with Samantha her older child being just seven. She knew comparing kids was wrong, but she was frustrated. How could two siblings from the same womb be as different as night and day?

Samantha was caring and bubbling, putting people’s needs and feelings before her own. If only Lyn was half like that.

In her room, Lynette dumped her bag on the armchair and collapsed on the bed. She was tired and needed to sleep, but before that she needed to fill her stomach as she was famished. She would make a quick sandwich; that would do for now. She needed to go down to the kitchen which was downstairs.

The kitchen was beside the living room and she wondered how she would pass through without catching her mother’s attention and bringing on another bout of lecture. She heard voices and paused to listen. Samantha must be back. She continued on towards the kitchen, but stopped suddenly at the words that flowed to her.

“…..I’m getting quite tired”, Mrs Thomas was saying. “I’m beginning to wish I stopped birthing with you. That way I wouldn’t be going through this. Your kid sister has been nothing but heartache from the time she was born.”

Lynette felt her heart harden at those words. It wasn’t everyday one stumbled on such a confession of hatred and regret from your own parents.

“We have to be patient”, Samantha was saying. “Hopefully, this insensitivity of hers passes as she ages. But I do get what you mean. It’s really exhausting having to deal with such psychopathic tendencies every day.”

Psychopathic. That was the diagnoses of the hospitals they’d been to. They’d also recommended a series of treatments, all of which had failed because there was nothing wrong with her. Why couldn’t they see that? She was just different; but not more so than the rest of them. She was her own person, one who didn’t need to submit to the dictates of society to be considered normal.

She wished they would just let her be. Why couldn’t they? Why couldn’t they accept who she was and stop pushing for a change that was never going to happen. She wished they’d just disappear forever and let her be.

She walked past and entered the kitchen. There was a big loaf of bread in the fridge and she soon went to work making her sandwiches. She spread mustard as a condiment over a slice and topped this with cheese and sausage. She made several and spread them out neatly on a serving plate, which she laid on a tray.  

Mrs Thomas looked up from her knitting to see Lynette approaching with the tray of sandwich. This wasn’t an isolated act; Lynette was known for such acts of kindness if she felt she’d been out of line, which just made her later coldness all the more difficult to bear.

Lynette smiled. “Hey Sam, I made lunch.”

Samantha returned the smile faintly, getting up to assist her. She drew the center table forward so Lyn could place the tray on it.

Mrs Thomas knew this for the white flag it was, one they might not see for a very long time to come and reached for one of the sandwiches.

“I made several”, Lynette announced, picking one with mayo. “I know mom cant stand mayo so I made hers with mustard. Sam I made yours with egg and cheese.”

Sam’s brows went up in surprise; such thoughtfulness was rare in Lynette, but on the few occasions they came, they were all grateful. “Thanks, kiddo.” She said and Lyn nodded.

“This Lynette is quite charming”, Mrs Thomas said between bites. She was on her second sandwich. “You should bring her out more…….”

Lynette turned as her mother stopped talking, her eyes meeting and holding the older woman’s. Mrs Thomas gasped slightly, the half-eaten sandwich falling from her mouth. The eyes that stared at her had a cold chill that sent shivers through her. What was it she saw in those eyes? Hatred? She didn’t have the time to ponder as a sharp pain hit her and her hand instinctively clutched her stomach. “What……”

“Poison”, Lynette replied calmly, holding her mother’s eyes still. “I laced your sandwiches with some quick-action poison. Yours too, Samantha.”

“Poison?” Samantha echoed, incredulously. She had dropped the half-eaten sandwich and it now lay discarded on the floor. “You poisoned us?”

“Sniper”, Lynette said in reply to the shocked look on their faces. Mrs. Thomas was now doubled over, holding her stomach as she writhed in pain. Samantha reached out to her, a little pleadingly, but only made it so far before succumbing to the pain and collapsing on the floor.

“You poisoned your own family?” Mrs. Thomas asked through pain, choking as blood spluttered from her mouth. “Why?”

Lynette shrugged. “I needed to be free- rid of you two.”

“I gave birth to you!” Mrs. Thomas choked in anguish, her pain more of an emotional one than physical. “How could you do this to me? To us?”

“No hard feelings, mom”, Lynette replied, her voice void of emotions. “I just needed to be left alone and I was getting sick of the comparison. You and Sam here have been nothing but a pain to me. ” Her eyes fell on her sister and she saw her crawl slowly towards an object; a black handbag a few feet away.

Lynette guessed what her intentions were and walked over to kick the bag out of Sam’s reach. “You really think I’d let you make a phone call.”

“Please,” Samantha moaned, her arms reaching out as she tried to futilely to pull a bag that was far out of her reach.

“Give it a rest and just left the stuff go to work.” Mrs. Thomas had gone still, but gave an involuntary twitch when Lynette looked over. “See, mom knows the end is here for her and isn’t trying to fight it. You shouldn’t too. ”

“Please…..Lyn,” Sam clung to her legs weakly as she pleaded.  “Don’t do this to us. We have done nothing to you.”

“Yes, you have,” Lynette countered. “You came into my life and tormented me with your very presence. I'm sick of being compared to you—the perfect child.”

Samantha’s hold slackened and she grew slowly still, her breath slowing.

Lynette stared at both bodies for a while, feeling the calm spread through her. She felt…..free, like a shackle just fell off her legs. She stepped quietly out of Sam’s loose hold, drawing back to observe them both.

Now her life could really begin, the way she wanted it. She no longer had such dead weights pulling her back and clouding her days with such darkness. She picked up her phone and without a backward glance, left that house and life forever.

The police would later be alerted to the smell of decomposing bodies in House 206. But they never found a clue to the puzzle. Neither did they ever find the third member of that household, who had apparently vanished into thin air.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Obsessed by yorhmienerd(m): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
Choi!! See prologue, a sign of good things to come

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by room089: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
yorhmienerd:
NEW BLOCKBUSTER ALERT!!!

Jagugu88li
Creeza
Veekid
Lawlahdey
KissChrix
Swann
Bibijay123
MozB
Room089
Et al

Uncle I don show!

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by AyamConfidence(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
PRESENT THOUGH UNINVITED

bibijay123 thanks for sharing

Room089 you sef dey here?

2 Likes

Re: Obsessed by room089: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
AyamConfidence:
PRESENT THOUGH UNINVITED

bibijay123 thanks for sharing

Room089 you sef dey here?

Of course Baba Confi I kak here with my crystal bulb to make necessary predictions as usual! grin grin
Re: Obsessed by bibijay123(f): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
room089:

Of course Baba Confi I kak here with my crystal bulb to make necessary predictions as usual! grin grin

Shift for me joor...Baba Confi and yorhmenierd Una welcome o. Op carry on!

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by AyamConfidence(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
room089:

baba e be like say your crystal ball na Aba made...I fit sell you made in India own for a token

You need new one because your last prediction them nor werk tongue
Re: Obsessed by AyamConfidence(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
bibijay123:

Shift for me joor...Baba Confi and yorhmenierd Una welcome o. Op carry on!
the mama himself

Re: Obsessed by room089: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
AyamConfidence:
baba e be like say your crystal ball na Aba made...I fit sell you made in India own for a token

You need new one because your last prediction them nor werk tongue

Haba egbon mi why ya blood dey hot so na?
You sef know say my machine na from Saudi, no be fake!
All Tom, D1ck and Harry no say aunty Bibi change the original script just to make me a liar! grin cool
Re: Obsessed by AyamConfidence(m): 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
room089:

Haba egbon mi why ya blood dey hot so na?
You sef know say my machine na from Saudi, no be fake!
All Tom, D1ck and Harry no say aunty Bibi change the original script just to make me a liar! grin cool
ehn...I don hear...make your prediction them make we dey see

Re: Obsessed by lacasera14(m): 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Signing up. Godmother you'll have me to contend with if you fail to update regularly. With what I'm seeing you could be my literature Godmother grin

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by MozB: 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
thanks Yorhmienerd for inviting me.. U do well sir

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by Divepen1(m): 4:46am On Dec 29, 2016
Even me wey dey here suspect Lynette kind gesture almost immediately. people always think everybody is happy even after you just destroyed their life with your mouth. So the mother thought they gave birth to a stone abi.. mtchew... By the way, how did she come about the poison.. Since there was no form of premeditation o...

Lynette felt her heart harden at those words. It wasn’t everyday one stumbled on such a confession of hatred and regret from your own parent

1 Like

Re: Obsessed by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 29, 2016
Did Lynette really come out of Mrs Thomas' womb? undecided

To poison your mother just like that and feel no emotion is extraordinary
Re: Obsessed by Godmother(f): 5:23am On Dec 29, 2016
KissChrix:
Did Lynette really come out of Mrs Thomas' womb? undecided

To poison your mother just like that and feel no emotion is extraordinary

Yup, but such people are many in the society.
Psychopaths are morally depraved; they lack empathy, are uncaring and can't really process human emotions. Which is why Lynette can kill her mom without blinking an eye.
Re: Obsessed by Godmother(f): 5:27am On Dec 29, 2016
Divepen1:
Even me wey dey here suspect Lynette kind gesture almost immediately. people always think everybody is happy even after you just destroyed their life with your mouth. So the mother thought they gave birth to a stone abi.. mtchew... By the way, how did she come about the poison.. Since there was no form of premeditation o...

Yes, although most people will forget anything bad you say about them after a while. For the poison she made use of sniper, which is readily available in some homes in Nigeria.
Re: Obsessed by Godmother(f): 5:28am On Dec 29, 2016
lacasera14:
Signing up. Godmother you'll have me to contend with if you fail to update regularly. With what I'm seeing you could be my literature Godmother grin

Lolz cheesy
I'll try to update as often as possible, though I have a 2-month-old baby and its a little tasking caring for a baby.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Facts About English Language / My Life As A Religious BadAss Motherfvcker(18+) By Ayo / Mistakes We Make, Grudges We Keep (this Story Will Make You Teary-eyed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.