Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Watch Out! Npower Scammers Have Begun Circulating Fraudulent Messages - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Watch Out! Npower Scammers Have Begun Circulating Fraudulent Messages (737 Views)

Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database / Lady Arrested For Torturing, Circulating Nude Video Of Husband's Mistress(Pics) / See What Yoruba Scammers Have Done To Nigeria's Image Abroad (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Out! Npower Scammers Have Begun Circulating Fraudulent Messages by opson2016(m): 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
Watch Out! Npower scammers has begun circulating fraudulent messages

Details of Npower 419
Name: Stanley Clement .O.
Account number: 0160555056                    
Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank.
Phone number: +2348169908335
Email: info.npowerng@gmail.com

He's been directing npower applicants to make payment of N5,000 to his GT Bank account, Watch Out!
Nigerias 419ners are always looking for loopholes to exploit vulnerable Nigerians. Theyre always on the rampage, but always change mode of operation to suit a particular situation.

This afternoon, a woman called from Port Harcourt, Rivers State. She called to confirmed from me if the message I got today is true or not.

A fraudster actually sent her a text message directing her to make a certain payment to an account.
Here is the message:

Hi, is me CHARLES WILLIAMS Director with N Power programme in Port Harcourt, ur name is amoung those dat wil be posted to BONNY LGA,if u do not want,Cal me is very urgent 4 details.

Please note the grammatical errors and the urgency in the message.

Again, she later got an e-mail which contains the account details of person behind the fraudulent message in circulation in Rivers State, which is targeted at exploiting Npower applicants in that state.
Here is the copy of the e-mail:

ACCEPTANCE OF EMPLOYMENT
Dear Miss.(note I intentionally removed her name for security reasons),
N-POWER is pleased to offer you the position as stated in the publication online via:https://portal.npower.gov.ng/apply/selected.php .
We are excited about the potential that you will bring to our organization.As we have seen in your Resume/Online interview Questionnaire, you will be working in our organization.
In accepting our offer of employment, you certify your understanding that you will make an acceptance of employment fee of 5000NGN( Five thousand naira) into the account provided herewith; Mr stanley clement .O.
          GTbank.
and send proof of payment (POP) to the admin e-mail address:info.npowerng@gmail.com while the organization will reimburse you the same amount on your assumption of duty in January.(All payments to be made on or before 6th of january 2017).
The organization will also arrange for your accommodation and pay you Three(3) months advance salary on your resumption in january.
Your immediate response will be beneficial to you.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
For further enquiries,
contact Admin on
info.npowerng@gmail.com OR
+2348169908335
Best regards. 
Chief Admin officer.
N-POWER”

Details of Npower 419
Name: Stanley Clement .O.
Account number: 0160555056                    
Bank:GTbank.
Phone number: +2348169908335
Email: info.npowerng@gmail.com

Hes been directing npower applicants to make payment of N5,000 to his GT Bank account, Watch Out!
WHAT TO DO IF YOU GOT SIMILAR MESSAGE Please note that Npower has consistently made it clear that no payment is required for you to be employed or deployed.

Any of such request should be reported to the appropriate authority. Note that Npower Team launched Operation Whistle Blower on its facebook page where such cases could be reported. Report any of such.

A fraudulent message always has a tone of urgency, dont rush, take your time to verify from different sources or authorities.

Such message will want you to take quick action without thinking twice, please relax, dont rush.
Disregard any of such messages, its fraud!

The perpetrator uses info.npowerng@gmail.com as email address. Note that npower doesnt use a free email service @gmail.com is a free email service.
Npower email address is customized, it has the extension of the domain name like info@npowerng.com and not info.npowerng@gmail.com

Please note!

From my interaction with the lady, shes addressed by her real name in the email she got. That shows that someone who knows her closely has taken that advantage to dupe her. Please be careful on who you shared your personal details with.

Note: shes one of my WhatsApp contact when npower application portal opened for application.

Please take your time to like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/infobasecomng where we publish useful articles about breaking news, jobs, inspiration, entertainment, and about life.
Share us with friends.
Re: Watch Out! Npower Scammers Have Begun Circulating Fraudulent Messages by INTROVERT(f): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
I shocked
Re: Watch Out! Npower Scammers Have Begun Circulating Fraudulent Messages by mayorkyzo: 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
Scam everywhere...useless idiots,them no go find work make Dem do
Re: Watch Out! Npower Scammers Have Begun Circulating Fraudulent Messages by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2016
Foolish lazy Nigerians...
Always quick to dupe..
Re: Watch Out! Npower Scammers Have Begun Circulating Fraudulent Messages by joespiceman(m): 12:37am On Dec 29, 2016
yea this happens often in Nigeria. next upload a pic as proof... or else

i ain't ganna comment

(1) (Reply)

In Remembrance Of Titilayo Arolowo, Who Was Murdered By Her Husband In 2011 / UK - Family Of Nigerian Man Found Dead At Tube Station Seek Answers / The Medical View Of The Crucifixion Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.