Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra (44282 Views)

Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). / Obiano To Open The 16 Storey Hospital At Umuchukwu Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by jamalchance(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
investnow ... publicist in charge of other igbo men blow ... when u eventually blow ur own i hope u see someone to do same ooo
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by bopm: 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

I'm suspecting something

Why is it that these igbos are not experiencing the recession ??

The rest of the country are suffering while the igbos are busy throwing money in the air

how will you and ur likes make money webisode u are breadseller as ur name says
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by mengho(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
I also plan to build something like this for my village & all the rural areas in d north & west In sha Allah.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by ekolina(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
tolulinks:

You are blaming fed government. What about your useless state governments
Where did u see federal govt in his post or is state government not part of Nigeria govt?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

I'm suspecting something

The rest of the country are suffering while the igbos are busy throwing money in the air
Is simply because we are proudly representing our quota. 5%,..no igbo man travels to lagos and comes back with three wifes or juju but with three cars and three houses

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by DPsalmist2(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
This is beautiful...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by vincentjk(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
mengho:
I also plan to build something like this for my village & all the rural areas in d north & west In sha Allah.

Op action speaks louder
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by vincentjk(m): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
omonla555:
Boring post

How market

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by agrovick(m): 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
This is impressive stuff.

Freedom2016:
God bless Dr. Maduka and shame on Nigerian government. Big Shame!

In our bid to apportion blames, let's us do it in the rightful manner. Anambra State University is the property of Anambra State government, so you mind telling me how the inadequacies of ANSU brings shame on the Nigerian govt?
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
agrovick:
[s]This is impressive stuff.

In our bid to apportion blames, let's us do it in the rightful manner. Anambra State University is the property of Anambra State government, so you mind telling me how the inadequacies of ANSU brings shame on the Nigerian govt? [/s]

As if you are just hearing of Igbo marginalization today. Go and see many billions of Naira has been earmarked and dolled out by Federal government to Northern and SW state universities.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Maser: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
souljaboi51:
Wonderful achievement but this is not a skyscraper. Does not even go near one

It may not be a skyscraper in your book but do you have something like that in your village?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Ejanla07: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... 15 storey skyscraper.... is the sky that low?.... may barely qualify as a high rise.
It is not completed... but will be the temporary site of the State's College of Medicine.... makes me wonder in what year would the College be completed?...and how much the State has invested in this project.... I doubt whether the doctor can finance this on his own... but it's much better it is in his hands than that of the State.

Going by the analogy. Thr is no skyscraper in Nigeria. . The tallest building is 32 floors. . Skyscraper is from 40 floors

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by agrovick(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Freedom2016:

As if you are just hearing of Igbo marginalization today. Go and see many billions of Naira has been earmarked and dolled out by Federal government to Northern and SW state universities.

And you have proof of the FG spending money on State owned institutions in the South West and North?
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Afonjas will not be happy about this
I am Yoruba and am excited about it
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by cardinal12: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
more credit alert to the initiator of this project
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by leofab(f): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
tolulinks:

You are blaming fed government. What about your useless state governments
you mean state governments are not part of Nigerian government? Or you expect him to start listing states and local government ? Get sense ohh.. it's already 2017!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by ChukaLupin(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Yeah....that's my State cheesy
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by jayied(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
Op. why you no enter?
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by buffalowings: 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
investnow2013:
My Nigerian of the Year #2016 is the uncommon philanthropist and exceptional patriot Dr. Godwin Maduka.

This man's generosity is something to marvel at let alone his sense of patriotism. He is the American based doctor from Umuchukwu, Orumba South in Anambra State, Nigeria. A proud Igbo man who has never forgotten his roots. He is in the process of launching the biggest, first of its kind medical research center in Nigeria, in the aforementioned Umuchukwu, his hometown. A magnificent 16 storey building and accompanying complex.

I admire his outside the box thinking as well as the awesome simplicity and practicality of his expending huge resources in his little hometown than in the usual Lagos, Abuja or any other big city. He is putting that place on the map, not just in Nigeria but globally.

Even more impressive is the fact that this same man has been doing great and selfless philanthropic work in his home state of Anambra for more than a decade as far as I have researched.

You have probably seen pictures online recently of his building at different levels of construction. Some have claimed it is a hoax arguing that if it were true he'd be all over the media. I agreed with this thinking and decided to make further enquiries.

Guess what? It is all true and then some! I can't quantify the joy and relief I felt after confirming. Neither can I put into words the awe and respect this man has earned from me. I have never in my short life come across anyone quite like him. It is almost as if he goes out of his way to avoid publicity. I know a ton of people who would assault all of us with pictures and videos of far tinier feats than what this great Nigerian has under his belt.

What a man! What a Nigerian! What an example for us all.

Dr. Godwin Maduka may the good Lord keep blessing, enriching, protecting and guiding you sir. May we all also be able to emulate, even if a little, your uncommon generosity and humility.

My Nigerian of the Year 2016!!!
Dr. Godwin Maduka!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by buffalowings: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
vincentjk:

How market

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by buffalowings: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Afonjas will not be happy about this

Whatever helps you with your sleepless nights undecided

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by potbelly(m): 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
sorry to burst your bubble... i don't belong to that category of people... I am just speaking from a general point of view because Nigerians are known to have a poor maintenance culture...
Freedom2016:

Afonja abiakwa?
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by souljaboi51(m): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Maser:

It may not be a skyscraper in your book but do you have something like that in your village?

Since you have it in your village, how has it enhanced your bank account? It is not a skyscraper in my book or anywhere in the world. I have seen skyscrapers and been in them. I just made an observation to correct the op and you are here rambling like a deranged animal.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Jlow2: 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
proudly 5%
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by nwabobo: 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... 15 storey skyscraper.... is the sky that low?.... may barely qualify as a high rise.
It is not completed... but will be the temporary site of the State's College of Medicine.... makes me wonder in what year would the College be completed?...and how much the State has invested in this project.... I doubt whether the doctor can finance this on his own... but it's much better it is in his hands than that of the State.

I do not know what your intent is.

Yes, the building is solely financed by Dr. Godwin Mmaduka. Prior to this, he had been involved in many other projects in his village. He built 100 houses and gave all to widows 2 years ago. Before this one, he's built a 5 storey hospital which is up and running in his community. He built a fully equipped police station and donated patrol vehicles to the police. He also built and equipped an ultra modern high court complex.

You can google the name Godwin Maduka for more.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by GentleYoung(m): 2:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

I'm suspecting something

I checked your profile and I was able to understand what you've been going through, how life has been with you in the past months.
Yoruba is here to stay. The earlier you realised that,the better for you and your colleagues.
You guys should get well soon
By the way yoruba owns this platform
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by obiezed: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Vickiweezy:
Dat's not a skyscraper @OP

But he made you look, didn't he.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by kobabe(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
our brothers that sell drugs can now be employed here. before they get hanged
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by dominique(f): 3:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
investnow2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFBMF6T93Y

How can that possibly be west African tallest building?
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Catastrophe1: 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
I grind everyday not for money to buy cars or build private lodge. I hustle to be able to provide such facility to my people back home. God bless Dr Maduka for setting the pace. Not forgeting other great Igbo's who has in one way or the other displayed the will to grow the East. We are all in this together.
THE SUN SHALL FOREVER RISE FROM THE EAST.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Injured Near His Manhood Saved By Nigerian Doctors - Graphic Pics / Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) / New Pictures Of Family Of Five With Madness In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.