Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies (24147 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Buhari's Deputies In 1985 Vs In 2017 - By Stanley Nwabia / 40 Vehicles Recovered By ICPC From Directors And Their Deputies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies by oyetpel(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
Abbeyme:

Ok then.

Going by the proposal, I think this is a good move. I hope people would take time to read the passage before commenting or mentioning my post.

If a governor or President has used his office to influence people to do evil or take law into his own hand, he should be sent to court and bear his own cross.

With this, people in power would learn decorum. I hope this would be well-managed so that it would not disturb their constitutional duty nor disrupt government business.
Yes, what you said happened in South Korea, their female president was impeached because het friend used her influence to do bad tthings.
Re: Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies by TheeDetective: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies by patchsk(f): 3:55am On Dec 30, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:
Anything that puts Buhari behind bars is ok for me
You make sense
Re: Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies by DamiBukola: 4:20am On Dec 30, 2016
cosade:

Education without manners is useless.
gba gbe, stop talking like 1 being remote from the other room. I pray another party wins 2019 and kill all opposition members by shooting all of them in broad day light.
Re: Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies by Abbeyme: 10:31am On Dec 30, 2016
oyetpel:

Yes, what you said happened in South Korea, their female president was impeached because het friend used her influence to do bad tthings.

Nice one.

I hope this can be passed in the Houses. It would bring a lot of sanity into our society.
Re: Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies by wirinet(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2016
Yep, remove immunity from principal officers of the executive and hand it over to principal officers of the legislature.

Dogara Justifies Immunity for N’Assembly Principal Officers

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, has justified the attempt by the National Assembly to pass legislation extending the immunity shielding the president and state governors from criminal prosecution to the principal officers of the legislature, stating that though there was an outcry, especially on the social media against the move, those against the legislation had effectively conferred legitimacy to the ongoing trial by the federal government of Senate President Bukola Saraki and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, for alleged forgery of the Senate rules.
- http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/07/11/dogara-justifies-immunity-for-nassembly-principal-officers/

On a more serious note, where will the senate get the required 2/3 majority of all the states assemblies in Nigeria to be able to pull through this constitutional amendment, when the state assemblies are simply appendages to the state governors that this law is against. Remember the Local Governments of most states rejected the bill to make them autonomous of the states governments.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill 2 Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno, Rescue 16 Captives (Photos) / Chidinma Ojukwu's: Trial Witness Tells Court How Ataga's Body Was Found / Dino Melaye: "The Only APC Man You Can Trust Is The Dead APC Man"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.