Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (62863 Views)

Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport / Rehabilitation, Reconstruction & Expansion Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Fashola Inspect Completed Phase 1 Of Bridge As Part Of Expansion Of Lagos-ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by misslizzy22: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
b
Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by RichDad1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
They should also focus on the Ibafo sections too. Its terrible .

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
comshots:
They always post stale pictures to prove they are working.We need current pics please.
It's not stale, i passed that place fews to Christmas and the work is going live

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by 4words: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
: )
Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ukipet1: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
MalcoImX:
What can one say but to thank God for what's happening under Fashola and Buhari. For e.g., electricity was what we used to read in history lessons happening only in Ghana. Why would I go back to that dark era when I can no
w leave my house with light and return and it's still there. I repeat a thousand times - Never, never again!!!
:

u are sick for this light statement, for Ogba here they only bring light 2am and switched off 4:30am and u said u are enjoying light, I dont know why u afonjas and daura dullad do not have sense like this.

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Texlym90(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
some people will forever be pessimistic

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Sec5(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's only in Nigeria that infrastructural development is termed dividends of democracy

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by oluwasegunolade: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
curvilicious:

I fourthed it o
Fifthed by me grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by jericco1(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
baloney

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Ask4Info: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
celestialAgent:

Electricity seriously?

You must be one of the many zombies.

Yes we commend PMB for the road, but hey, electricity was not this bad all through the 16years of PDP.

This government is a failure at currency and electricity.

Guy, do you live on the TREE?? I have 25 FULL litres of fuel in my generator and i haven't used it over 2weeks.

Move to the City and not the cave you are right now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sec5:
It's only in Nigeria that infrastructural development is termed dividends of democracy
word!

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
When we see a bit of good work, we should commend it... In all sincerity.... Sagamu -Ibadan portion of Lagos -Ibadan expressway, being handled by RCC has taken a new shape.... fast paced massive construction work...Ibadan-Lagos now about 1:15min Journey.

Julius Berger also trying, but they seems to be working at a slower pace..

Well done Fashola
Well done PMB.

3 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Ask4Info: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
ukipet1:
:

u are sick for this light statement, for Ogba here they only bring light 2am and switched off 4:30am and u said u are enjoying light, I dont know why u afonjas and daura dullad do not have sense like this.

Guy, sorry no vex for you are the sick one here. My light hasn't blinked since 2 weeks. Ogba na small e remain to dey out of Lagos. No vex but that's your transmission area problem and not General.

5 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by free2ryhme: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
the long bridge road construction by Julius Berger is already having potholes on the side going to Lagos from Warewa
Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ct2: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
na good road

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
RichDad1:
They should also focus on the Ibafo sections too. Its terrible .

Julius Berger slowing things...they are working at slow pace... leaving bad portion of matter of urgency to bridges that were at least "motorable" before rehabilitation.... I expect FG to quicken Julius Berger... they appear to be frustrating RCC efforts, because you will have smooth cruise from Ibadan to that Redemption camp and then headache starts

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by danigbo(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fourthed
Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by FabioPeter: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
At what cost is this project executed. What's the average cost/km.
Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by danidee10(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
ItzHoludex:
those who give a f**k went which way

They went that way behind that building grin

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ItzHoludex(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
danidee10:

They went that way behind that building grin

I think u av showed them d direction in case dey don't knw grin
Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by amokemi(m): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
I passed through that express on Christmas eve and on 27th December and I can confirm that a lot of progress has been made on that road. World class expressway for the parts that have been completed. Julius Berger need to expedite work on the Lagos-Shagamu end of the road though. RCC is doing great so far.

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by celestialAgent(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ask4Info:

Guy, do you live on the TREE?? I have 25 FULL litres of fuel in my generator and i haven't used it over 2weeks.

Move to the City and not the cave you are right now.
I see yo so dumb.

I lived outside Nigeria where I have enjoyed 24hrs electricity until very recently when I can back for Xmas, only to meet the electricity supply in shambles.

It might interest you to know that during OBJ's era, I used to enjoy 24hour electricity in this same area.

During GEJ's era, It dropped to around 10hrs per day.

And now it's only 1hr perday, and you call such a success?

And by the way, I would like to know where you live because even in banana Island, electricity is not constant. So feel me in DUMBASS.

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by FabioPeter: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
If you walk into your living room and find a lovely 42" razor thin HD TV. You admire it and thank your wife/husband for the wonderful initiative. Then you ask her/him how much it cost, she/he tells you 1.5million Naira from the 2m you had in your joint account.
Please tell me will that TV still look good to you? When the govt execute a project, always ask what it costs. It's tax payers money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
only God knows how Fashola manages to achieve things even when there's little funds to do so... At least I found a role model for my political career... BabaFash in case you ever read this just know that any time you wish to seek a presidential ticket I will vote for you no matter what

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by emi14: 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
rusher14:
The Buhari administration is a focused government intent on making things happen.

GEJ was more concerned with appealing to sentiments rather than substance.

Never paying contractors, selling government assets to unqualified cronies (PHCN comes to mind), misleading his catchment by signing contracts but never completing (2nd Niger bridge etc). He was a likeable person with completely ulterior character.

Never again.

Goodluck Jonathan is not the only president Nigeria had in 56years. He was on that seat just for 6year. Obasanjo was there also.

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by bayinq25(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
adem30:

Be sincere and tell us the last time tiu left your village and travel through Lagos Ibadan Express road. Because if you do recently you won't be here disgracing yourself
You're under arrest for spending the truth on that scumbag

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by OlaSpeaker(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
comshots:
They always post stale pictures to prove they are working.We need current pics please.
oga this was not posted by the government read through again

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Osyxcel(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
free2ryhme:
the long bridge road construction by Julius Berger is already having potholes on the side going to Lagos from Warewa

Those are not potholes, they are called expansion joints. They are there due to the fact that the bridge will expand and contract as temperature changes.

JB covered the joints with tar. The tar will break off eventually, making the expansion joints obvious.

I quite agree the bridge was not well tarred tho. It doesn't feel smooth (esp. when coming from Berger to Warewa) and might not stand the test of time (and traffic too)

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Seriousboy: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
GEJ team worked theirs, so let Buhari's team work theirs. Cos, government come, government go.
They were all voted to work and not to loots.
Re: Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by bankylan: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
MalcoImX:
What can one say but to thank God for what's happening under Fashola and Buhari. For e.g., electricity was what we used to read in history lessons happening only in Ghana. Why would I go back to that dark era when I can now leave my house with light and return and it's still there. I repeat a thousand times - Never, never again!!!

Bro, I have been buying at least 2k fuel everyday since last month....the light came today for few minutes and I am on gen now.....Pls where do u have light as portrayed by u? And I live in Mainland...and not Lagos suburb

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Declares Obi Winner In Plateau / Jime: Akume Meets Father Mbaka Ahead Of Supreme Court judgement (Photos) / Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.