Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Be Warned: Humans Not Angels In The Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Warned: Humans Not Angels In The Church. (409 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Pastors Are Not Angels!! / Why Did Angels In The Bible Make Use Of Swords And Trumpets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Warned: Humans Not Angels In The Church. by Ivegotsolutions(m): 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
I'm very sure that most of you by now, must have heard how Miss Dayo Adeleke was murdered gruesomely by her Cameroonian steward. The news of her demise was disclosed by Chibugo Maureen on her facebook wall, and since then so many Nigerians are still reacting over her untimely death.
According to reports, William Smith is a Cameroonian refugee in Dayo's Church whom she decided to assist by offering him accommodation and a job not knowing that she just signed her death warrant by inviting into her home, a messenger of death.
I am not publishing this post just to report another sad news or do I wish to rumple your emotions, rather I desire to accentuate the level of security unconsciousness we Nigerians display in our worship places. It is saddening that we see everyone in our worship place as spiritual being believed to act as attendant, agent, or messenger of God, conventionally represented in human form.
With this mindset, we display insouciant attitudes over people around us not minding whom they are. Most people we see in our churches today are devil incarnates who hide as sisters and brothers seeking unwary preys to devour.
As I create this awareness, I also wish to reiterate that I am not in any way against the togetherness, love, trust and brotherliness that is expected to exist in the church.
But while you love, trust, and shelter, please take into cognizance the fact that as the church of God is sowing good seeds in the field, the enemy is equally sowing tares among the wheat.
Back to Dayo's death, how on earth will a church accept to shelter a refugee from Cameroon without running a background check on him? This mistake is the reason this beautiful soul is a dead person today. Probably because of his music skills which they sought to exploit, and they never cared to ascertain who he really was.
Bringing a refugee into your home and offering him a job of a steward is a very big risk for me. Most families in Lagos take dreadful steps in the name of having a house help.
I don't know what inspired or motivated this lady to offer such sensitive position to a stranger, I will not sit down here and judge her actions.
My Pastor will always say to us, "not because Mr A is singing or teaching the bible in the church, always use your brain while dealing with people.
William Smith Stabbed Dayo to death because she declined to oblige to his monthly salary increment.

RIP Miss Dayo Adeleke

http://www.trendwithsmith.com/2015/02/be-warned-humans-not-angels-in-church.html

Re: Be Warned: Humans Not Angels In The Church. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
The first phone I bought was stolen inside church...
As I go give offering come back...my phone rapture. Till date...I no see that phone!
Difft ppl na dey inside church...

(1) (Reply)

Bible Stories (23): Getting A Wife For Isaac / Walking In The Holy Spirit / Why I Didn't Complete My Studies At Unn-pst. Enoch Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.