Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline (58109 Views)

Yusuf Buratai Buried In Maiduguri (Photos) / Buhari Blaming Since 1984 - Twitter User Shares Jan '84 Sunday Herald Headline / Gidado Idris Dies & Buried. Atiku Abubakar Attends Burial (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by emi14: 7:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nma27:
In Primary school then.

Congrats toddler.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
Duchess500:

Olivia do and resume jhoor grin

Lol. After you.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by uwajeh(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=dukie25 post=52363576]Where's the headline when olodo Buhari said Abacha did not steal one naira? That's the headline I like to see again and again. [/quot
I thought they said a virus had eliminated all fools on planet Earth.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Sweetguy25: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Mbediogu:

things were not that fast o o. There was Abdulsalam Abubakar in between Abacha and OBJ. I see u were really young then. Cheers.

Enyia, I know.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by dukie25: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
uwajeh:
I thought they said a virus had eliminated all fools on planet Earth.
How did you manage to escape the elimination, considering you're a product of said virus?
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Sweetguy25: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
tussmal:

I was in Kaduna then and people celebrated his death. I wonder why we are always shy to condemn the wrong doings of our kinsmen. It does not matter you an Hausa Fulani, don't forget we all came from a source hence Abacha was a brother to meblike he was perhaps ur own dad then. But honestly it was sigh of relief for the whole nation.

Arguably a tyrant but with a discipline exonomic stance. Dollar was stable like it is in Dubai and many other good economy since heaven knows when.

Naija will be great again. No condemnation, but we believe God will take us there not with complacency, we must strive for it and the time is now. Fiscal regionalism is the key to a better federal state.

Till tomorrow, Abaca remains a hero in the north. Let's not be hypocrites
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Mbediogu(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sweetguy25:

Enyia, I know.
Wanna God bless.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by bigtt76(f): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
@embolden... Yet you guys will come on Nairaland de insult people (not you though) grin make una try de woju oooo tongue

Sweetguy25:
I was almost 9 years old then, I remember people celebrating and I also remember watching his funeral on NTA. His corpse was being carried on a mat when he about to be interred. Thats all I can remember.

The next I can remember was Obasanjo being president. It happened so fast
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by curvilicious: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
D day they announced Abacha's death i remember vividly how one man threw backy tire on my street.

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by 2shur: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
o boy dah evening.
better rain of joy fall throughout the nite.
mosquito no dare bite me.
even my puppy enjoy im sleep.

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Sweetguy25: 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
bigtt76:
@embolden... Yet you guys will come on Nairaland de insult people (not you though) grin make una try de woju oooo tongue

You dey form old woman for me abi na wetin? Gerraway you angry
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by eminemkayc: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
What caught my attention is the cost of the newspaper shown on the top right corner. It went for =N=40 then as against its current price...

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by AAhmdi(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
ademega:

To see more of this like death of head of state or military taken over??
In this country we are all like the MMM situation. When we see that some people are doing well in a thing we always wish at the corner of our heart that that thing stop progressing. When evil people thought in their foolish thinking that mmm crashed.. They were jubilating, thanking God, spreading the rumor more than the media and even calling people to take heart as if they care.
Why do we always wish our fellow bad??

Just tire for nigerians and ill will (bad belle)
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by bigtt76(f): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
8 years after Abacha's death, I signed up on Nairaland. That you give you an insight into how old I am grin anyway, I won't join words with you tongue.... you're still a boy!

BTW I watched World cups 1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998 still counting kiss

Sweetguy25:

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by deeoh(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Exactly! I wonder how 95% can be so easily fooled!
hey guy the pix isnt clear enough. u mind sending the publication date and year
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
emi14:

Congrats toddler.
Swerve
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Sweetguy25: 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
bigtt76:
8 years after Abacha's death, I signed up on Nairaland. That you give you an insight into how old I am grin anyway, I won't join words with you tongue.... you're still a boy!

BTW I watched World cups 1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998 still counting kiss

Hmmm. . . You watched the 1982 world cup which means you may be between 42 and 50.

Wow... you senior me small sha...

I'm not a boy anyway...

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by bigtt76(f): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Good now you know..... grin

Sweetguy25:

Hmmm. . . You watched the 1982 world cup which means you may be between 42 and 50.

Wow... you senior me small sha...

I'm not a boy anyway...
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by ZoneBslayer(m): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sweetguy25:

she is not forming.. your post already attests to the fact that you are probably a teenager..
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Sweetguy25: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
bigtt76:
Good now you know..... grin

It doesn't mean I believe you though
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Sweetguy25: 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

she is not forming.. your post already attests to the fact that you are probably a teenager..

What! Teenager? Bros take your time o. I get hot temper
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by ZoneBslayer(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sweetguy25:

What! Teenager? Bros take your time o. I get hot temper
lol seriously? a hot temper on an anonymous forum?? I am shaking and shivering already in my shoes..

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by bigtt76(f): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lol check my profile to see my registration date and think back where you were back then grin

Sweetguy25:

It doesn't mean I believe you though
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Shome36:
At least you didn't wish him dead, first time of seeing a wailer with sense.
ain't a wailer....I supported baba in 2015...my dps.. Facebook dp...status update was all abt baba...sugbon baba haf Bleep up wink
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by vatiqan(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
veekid:

who is he?

He's the man who discovered MozambiQue. Please who's kid is this?
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by veekid(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
vatiqan:

He's the man who discovered MozambiQue. Please who's kid is this?
If he discovered Mozambique; who come discover him?
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Sweetguy25: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
bigtt76:
Lol check my profile to see my registration date and think back where you were back then grin

I first registered on Nairaland around January 2007 or late 2006. In fact, I was very active then, insulting Obasanjo at the slightest provocation. So your registration date on Nairaland doesn't really mean anything.

You don marry? If yes, How old is your eldest daughter? wink
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by mmsen: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Aside human rights violation, Nigeria was far better under him compared to now

It is only better because of the fools who voted for Buhari.

Abacha's Nigeria was not better than the Nigeria of two years ago.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by bigtt76(f): 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sweetguy25:

I first registered on Nairaland around January 2007 or late 2006. In fact, I was very active then, insulting Obasanjo at the slightest provocation. So your registration date on Nairaland doesn't really mean anything.

You don marry? If yes, How old is your eldest daughter? wink

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by klax(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
dukie25:
Where's the headline when olodo Buhari said Abacha did not steal one naira? That's the headline I like to see again and again.

They won't see such newspaper. And they won't remember such headline again.

Devil is always devil no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by supereagle(m): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Nma27 post=52364550]In Primary school then.[/quote
I have started receiving salary then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos) / Collapse Of Imo International Conference Centre Built By Okorocha / IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.