Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

$4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report (50586 Views)

Reno Omokri Writes Trump On Buhari's US Visit / $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance 2016 report / N4 Billion Missing From Emirate Account Under Sunusi - Antigraft Begins Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by naijaboi2(m): 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
You can read the detail report on http://www.resourcegovernance.org/sites/default/files/documents/nrgi_nnpc-still-holds-blank-check_0.pdf
The report acknowledged Buhari's reform on oil sector.
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by YourCoffin: 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
fiizznation:
The source of this silly news is not even credible. Which one is truenewsgist again.

The report said this, the report said that is all I'm even reading up there. What a trashy nonsense.

Well if for anything, the fake report only indicted NNPC, no where did it said buhari have any firsthand knowledge of the gross corruptihon that is happening there.

Nawah o. Who is the minister of petroleum. No be Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by ndcide(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
fiizznation:

Some of the reforms by the Buhari government, the report noted, have cut the number of passive, well connected middlemen that pocketed billions of oil revenues, while the administration has cancelled costly, unbalanced NNPC swap contracts as well as seek more efficient replacements

Lol. I bet you skipped that part when you were busy reading the junky reportage

You are just too corrupt.

If not, you wouldn't be doing this on this thread. From all indications if such money is stolen today from this government, you'll defend it.

God forbid bad thing.

6 Likes

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by nams77: 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
[/i]
fiizznation:
[i]

"Some of the reforms by the Buhari government, the report noted, have cut the number of passive, well connected middlemen that pocketed billions of oil revenues, while the administration has cancelled costly, unbalanced NNPC swap contracts as well as seek more efficient replacements"

If for anything, the above statement by the so-called group have already exonerated president buhari.

Dude, this is just an allegation and anybody have every right to accuse someone of corruption. The important thing here is if there will be any evidence/proof to backup the claim.

When SLS accused gej and his thieving gang of siphoning about $40billion, he had his evidences. He presented Nigerians with an infograph on how NNPC/diezani didn't remit about $20billion to the nation's account. And we all know what happened next

A random group or person won't just wake up one morning and accused the NNPC of not remitting some imaginary amount of money. Now, does the group in the so-called report have any integrity ? I went through this junky reportage like twice, thinking I will see a name that represents the group in it, but alas, what I kept seeing was "the group".

If anybody wants to make any baseless accusations, they have to be ready to come with concrete evidences before anybody can take them serious. That is how it is done anywhere in the world.

Though I don't even subscribe to this type of unprofessional reportage, I still stand to be corrected that the group didn't indict buhari, But rather exonerated him. So what's your fuss all about? Why are you hyper-ventilating as if the group accused buhari of corruption? I don't get.
I wonder how some people think. Up there in your writing you said sanusi lamido accused gej and dieziani of not remitting funds to federation account, now I will ask you, is the same scenario not playing out again. Is nnpc and the petroleum minister not to blame in this sleaze? Pls let's be objective in our reasoning. In the case of dieziani and gej, it was OK to blame them but in the case of saint bubu, the reverse is the case

4 Likes

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by obailala(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
Rad1cal:

Your lenghty post was sadly very empty and superficial. The allegation in this report hasn't been robustly rejected by this admin since April this year and your Sanusi example just revealed you lacked focus in defending this sleeze.

A CBN governor with proof won't go from $48 billion to $ 20 billion then finally to $ 12 billion. I wonder how that is proof to you. Your highligted quote above even showed how confusing your post was.

Look at the inference below and weep at your attempt to justify this heist while seeking to use the GEJ era as a measuring template.

Just to clarify what you wrote above, Sanusi wasn't an idiot and he articulated his points very clearly without ambiguity. SLS said about $49 billion was 'unaccounted for,' meaning that no evidence was provided by the NNPC to the CBN on what it did with the money. After the dust was raised, NNPC was forced to provide further documentation and explanations which later led to the review of that figure to $20 billion. The story at the time was very clear, but for the sake of politics, so many people bluntly refused to comprehend it even till date. Fact remains that SLS wasn't an idiot just blabbing.
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by seguno2: 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
darknetcom:

why shouldnt they be lying..??...

they always lie..

go ask the native americans...

go ask saddam hussein..

go ask gadhaffi...

africans must start understanding that nothing good can come from white-people...

Can something good come out of the black people?
Like internet, computers, laptops, television, phones, machines for drilling oil etc?
Can anything good come out of black people?
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by Aburi001: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hiploko:
You don't mean it You mean under the current substantive Minister of Petroleum Wonders shall never end... Sanusi come and see what you saw under Jonathan.
Bubu don divert the money to Borno for Crude Oil exploration shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by Aburi001: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hiploko:
You don't mean it You mean under the current substantive Minister of Petroleum Wonders shall never end... Sanusi come and see what you saw under Jonathan.
Bubu don divert the money to Borno for Crude Oil exploration and settle various wedding bills for him daughters shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by feedthenation(m): 12:56pm On Dec 30, 2016
Unfortunately, corruption is in our dna composition.

1 Like

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by loluharmony(m): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
I trust them they can't do it

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by youngjoy(f): 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
grin
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by seguno2: 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
obailala:
Just to clarify what you wrote above, Sanusi wasn't an idiot and he articulated his points very clearly without ambiguity. SLS said about $49 billion was 'unaccounted for,' meaning that no evidence was provided by the NNPC to the CBN on what it did with the money. After the dust was raised, NNPC was forced to provide further documentation and explanations which later led to the review of that figure to $20 billion. The story at the time was very clear, but for the sake of politics, so many people bluntly refused to comprehend it even till date. Fact remains that SLS wasn't an idiot just blabbing.

Please provide links for the amounts you indicated, including the outcome of the forensic audit by PwC.
If you don't mind, please include the report on Sanusi's theft and query as the CBN Governor showing the date vis-a-vis his forever changing allegations against NNPC.
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by darknetcom: 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
delishpot:

If America said same about GEJ, would you haven't his same mindset towards the findings?

even as gej was still president i didnt trust anything white people say...

people that put you in bondage for 400years and colonized you,you wan believe anything??..
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by ahamonyeka(m): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
APC change!!!

1 Like

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by link2ok(m): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
fiizznation:
The source of this silly news is not even credible. Which one is truenewsgist again.

The report said this, the report said that is all I'm even reading up there. What a trashy nonsense.

Well if for anything, the fake report only indicted NNPC, no where did it said buhari have any firsthand knowledge of the gross corruption that is happening there.

You are a pathetic looser
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by darknetcom: 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
feedthenation:
Unfortunately, corruption is in our dna composition.

america is corruption..

we should be more worried western nations are spying on us...russia and china would never accept this...
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by Horus(m): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHGAhT5HbXo

Nigerian Petroleum minister debunks claims that government will scrap NNPC

Nigeria's Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu has allayed fears that the government plans to scrap the country's oil monopoly, the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation. In the past week, Nigerian media has been awash with reports that the NNPC will be dissolved and replaced with a new National oil Company
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by seguno2: 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
darknetcom:

people that put you in bondage for 400years and colonized you,you wan believe anything??..

The same way that Oyo Alaafin colonised many brutally for centuries.
Raiding them for slaves to be sold to Arabs and white people.
Not so?
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by darknetcom: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
seguno2:

The same way that Oyo Alaafin colonised many brutally for centuries.
Raiding them for slaves to be sold to Arabs and white people.
Not so?

why are you trying to defend devils so much...??..

a black man didnt colonized anybody..

that is internal family palavers,its not an example..

its either you separate from white-people or you shall be destroyed..again...

1 Like

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by dragonking3: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
This happened in just 1year...Who is the minister of petroleum? Oh I forgot, it is the same dullard, muhammadu Buhari. angry angry

Omenka, modath, Quotasystem and sarrki come and see daura wonder. angry

1 Like

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by 2shur: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
the shiit fit big pass the soze wey wey u go like to see o.
because why because shiit dey smell.
okunrin na man for yorubaland.
he go bend im yansh he go shit.
d shit fir big pass wetin u go like

fela sha.

three:
kai!

The greatest trick the devil APC ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist and Nigerians that PMB's government will not be corrupt.
(apologies to Keyser Soze fans)

#ChangeBeginsWithPMB #ChangeBeginsWithLaiMohammed #ChangeBeginsWithAbbaKyari #ChangeBeginsWithTYBuratai #ChangeBeginsWithBabachirLawal

The more APC 'changes' the more they remain the same

1 Like

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by seguno2: 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2016
darknetcom:
america is corruption..

we should be more worried western nations are spying on us...russia and china would never accept this...

Russia and China don't need American technology and expertise to look for oil or for Boko Haram terrorists.
Does Nigeria have the technology and expertise of its own?
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by delishpot: 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
darknetcom:

Na now una Dey talk this one ba? As bubu naim sidon for chair, una Don remember say una never ever trust oyinbo man.
Spying on naija? When your leaders depend on handouts from oyinbo to even fight Malaria and maternal deaths? When they cry for white man to help them build schools to educate their own kids? When they begbfor oyinbovto help with water and Telecom? When they can't even sustain NEPA? Naaja left it's doors and windows open to prying eyes a loong time ago.

Well, I am happy for your stance but they prolly have a way of sniffing out details. But now that Bubu is in charge, some Nigerians would close their ears and cry out in discomfort at any story that doesn't favour Bubu.

5 Likes

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by seguno2: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2016
darknetcom:
why are you trying to defend devils so much...??..

Why do you hate relevant information so much?
Why do you hate accepting responsibility for our incompetence?
Why are we an irresponsible lot?

2 Likes

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by texazzpete(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
seguno2:

Did Sanusi say that money was missing or did he say that money was withheld?
Is the Sanusi allegation different from this one?

You know the original $49 billion in Sanusi's memo to GEJ?
The term he used was 'unremitted funds'. These funds are often a pool for people to steal from.

Basically, this is the same thing Sanusi's initial memo was based on.
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by darknetcom: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
seguno2:

Russia and China don't need American technology and expertise to look for oil or for Boko Haram terrorists.
Does Nigeria have the technology and expertise of its own?

those devils want what is under your feets cheap..

confusion is the best way to get it..

direct war will not work against nigeria..
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by seguno2: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
texazzpete:
You know the original $49 billion in Sanusi's memo to GEJ?
The term he used was 'unremitted funds'. These funds are often a pool for people to steal from.

Basically, this is the same thing Sanusi's initial memo was based on.

So nothing has changed between Buhari and Jonathan?
Interesting!!!
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by unclejb2(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
fiizznation:

Well if for anything, the fake report only indicted NNPC, no where did it said buhari have any firsthand knowledge of the gross corruption that is happening there.
the report indicted NNPC and Buhari is the petroleum Minister. Pls receive brain in the name of Abubakar Shekau.
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by darknetcom: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
seguno2:

Why do you hate relevant information so much?
Why do you hate accepting responsibility for our incompetence?
Why are we an irresponsible lot?

i hate the person that delivered the message...

if a chinese said it,i would believe it..

but surely not white people...

i didnt abandon gej because of what white people say..
Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by obailala(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
Funnicator:

Obailala fizznation modath sarrki and other shameless dolts have sold their soul.
Never would you see me defending rubbish, get that into your thick skull, I am not like you and your pathetic co-travellers.

While you celebrate this report which indicates that a similar sleaze which earned your hero the 'corruption' tag is also ongoing presently, I will point out what you can expect differently from what was obtainable in that past regime you shamelessly defend.

For starters, Buhari the president would never jump on TV and start calling the CBN governor (or whoever 'the group' is) names on national TV even before he reads the report. We would never get a repeat of the embarrassing past where the president would pounce on whoever reports/exposes such irregularities and gives them sack letters or letters of suspension. We wouldn't also have a case of the president becoming apprehensive and jumping into defensive mode as if to say the whistle-blower was directly accusing him of pocketing the money.

Finally, unlike the former 'America will know' dude who blatantly denied on TV that no kobo could be missing from NNPC (even before a single investigation was conducted), the difference this time is that the current president will not fight tooth and nail to throw this case away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by seguno2: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
darknetcom:
those devils want what is under your feets cheap..

confusion is the best way to get it..

direct war will not work against nigeria..

The same way that Oyo Alaafin took ishakole from the people it colonised until they fought for their freedom.
If we are a lazy bunch of irresponsible whiners, we will continue to BEG the hard working white men to help us discover and exploit our mineral resources.
Simple as ABC!!!

1 Like

Re: $4.2 Billion Missing In NNPC Under Buhari – US Governance Report by obailala(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
seguno2:

Please provide links for the amounts you indicated, including the outcome of the forensic audit by PwC.
If you don't mind, please include the report on Sanusi's theft and query as the CBN Governor showing the date vis-a-vis his forever changing allegations against NNPC.
I havent got time for that, this issue was discussed comprehensively at the time it occurred. Google is your friend, go back and do your own research please. But if you choose to dwell on your sentimental assumptions that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was drunk and couldn't calculate mathematics, then suit yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.