Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,992 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) (47763 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by drinkgarri: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2016
Noted,
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 30, 2016
Peacetemi:

There's nothing wrong in being with a feminist bro.
Infact feminists are the best, they're usually very intelligent.
But there are very few of them in Nigeria though, all Nigerian girls want to form feminists yet 90% of them can't even survive without getting money ftom guys cheesy

When you're ready to get married, marry one. The feminism that african women are carrying on their heads now is what the white women who have tried it are running from. God never created women to be the head of the family, yet so many of them want to upset the balance of nature all in the name of gender equality. If a woman slaps a man, she's a weaker vessel, so no big deal. If a man slaps a woman, he's a monster. . .

Ara yin a to bale. undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2016
Pavore9:

It is certainly not!

Show me where I made specific reference to wanting to marry Chimamanda. You need goggles and an intensive English language class.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Peacetemi: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

When you're ready to get married, marry one. The feminism that african women are carrying on their heads now is what the white women who have tried it are running from. God never created women to be the head of the family, yet so many of them want to upset the balance of nature all in the name of gender equality. If a woman slaps a man, she's a weaker vessel, so no big deal. If a man slaps a woman, he's a monster. . .

I never said I was going to get married
And like I stated earlier, there are very few of them in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Peacetemi:

I never said I was going to get married
And like I stated earlier, there are very few of them in Nigeria

Brother man, the high rate of divorce in the US and Europe in general has its roots in feminism. They are tired of it and now white women are treating african men better than our african women. As a matter of fact, there are so many feminists in Nigeria today, you might not be aware.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Daremee: 11:10am On Dec 30, 2016
Sooooo proud of her. She's really an icon in every way. Beauty and brains. I'm still waiting for all these Nigerian so called international models or these silly make over actresses who are always posting their new make up photos on Instagram to achieve the same feat as chimamanda. Oya, Genevieve, CARO Danjuma, Dakore, Chika Ike, Rita Dominic, Ini Edo where are you? After all those make up photos none of you can get a gig like this from a global make up brand. Not talking about the local ones you endorse for a few pennies and free make up products.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

English is your problem. . . read again.

Oh they both read it but they lack comprehension grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2016
mediocre:
Lol. Insecurity?

If you like, call it undersecurity, I'm not stopping your from marrying one.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by MarieSucre(f): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Feminist who has done little or bothing to empower women in her country
As opposed to who has done quite a lot se!
Anyways what is the story behind your username?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oh they both read it but they lack comprehension grin

Merci beaucoup! People will just be carrying big head about. . . their comprehension capacity is less than 512MB

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by mediocre(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

If you like, call it undersecurity
That's what it is then
I'm not stopping your from marrying one.
hmmm can you even
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Bahddo(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2016
You are neither pretty nor stylish enough to be a fashion icon. Stick to your books and your feminism, woman.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by nnokwa042(m): 11:21am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Actually, I noticed her feminist character way long ago. . . I can't imagine being in a relationship with one.
pls what is feminist biko pls can u guys explain to me what feminist is all about biko am not that educated no abuse me oooh
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by arabianights: 11:28am On Dec 30, 2016
Dongreat:
Ok to be frank here, this post was created and posted out of inferiority mindset. You think you can't see a billboard adv of a black person/ Nigerian in a developed world. Common man. ''Tis like my first time I saw a glo ad on CNN when I was very young and I was shouting in joy.
Brother we see this everyday in foreign countries and it's no big deal. She is a model of that beauty company, and just like you saw dbanj or Faz on MTN recharge cards, so does her face appeared on a billboard paid for by that company of which she's an ambassador.

Ps: you can go to the New York time square and pay for an ad space and yes your pic will be shown on those huge screens for all to see. NOT SURPRISING.
Well said, thank you. Exposure is the key word here and one doesn't need to travel to be exposed. You can choose to develop your self by reading or and watching less useless proves on TV. when your parents to give birth to you, give birth to your self. In other words, develop your self to what you wish to become.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2016
speedyconnect3:
I used to be smitten by this lady until the recent feminist approaches.

What about her bigoted views?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2016
nnokwa042:
pls what is feminist biko pls can u guys explain to me what feminist is all about biko am not that educated no abuse me oooh

Bros, I'm a staunch advocate for women's rights. . . but there's a difference between feminism and women's right and often times, the concerned parties get it all mixed up.

Women's right = not maltreating women, equal human rights, recognition of women's contribution to the society and respecting them as weaker vessels.

Feminism = what-a-man-can-do-a-woman-can-do-better mentality, unnecessary competition with the male gender especially in positions of authority, lack of submission at home and at work, especially when their superiors are men.

Hope that explains it. . .

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by curvilicious: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2016
Op o

This was taken from ur tevelision not from a bus d billboard dey under d bus,?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by sekem: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Actually, I noticed her feminist character way long ago. . . I can't imagine being in a relationship with one.

I dey tell you!

She's a no go area.

Her husband sef

The guy go dey hear am wella.

But na dia bizness sha.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by jericco1(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2016
intelligent and astute
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by delishpot: 11:43am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

You equate feminism to overthrowing a man? Why are you afraid if you have been treating women well and you believe women should be happy in that position, why are you afraid to be put there too? Isn't it a happy place? grin grin
Oh the pain is only sweet as long as you are not the one experiencing it ba? How does your daughter being given full right as your son in the society mean she would take the manly role from him? Do you even know what brought about the tussle?

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 30, 2016
sekem:

I dey tell you!

She's a no go area.

Her husband sef

The guy go dey hear am wella.

But na dia bizness sha.

The funniest part of it is that she might actually be submissive at home. . . unless her husband is the recessive type cos there are men like that. Some women will form feminist outside, but inside they are sweethearts. . . so let's hope she's like that. wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by delishpot: 11:45am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

The funniest part of it is that she might actually be submissive at home. . . unless her husband is the recessive type cos there are men like that. Some women will form feminist outside, but inside they are sweethearts. . . so let's hope she's like that. wink

To show you that feminism isn't about taking power from anyone. If a woman misinterpretes it and starts messing up, it doesn't mean that it is what feminism stands for. Just as men have been abusing their leadership from time past doesn't mean those men are right or doing what is expected of them.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2016
delishpot:

You equate feminism to overthrowing a man? Why are you afraid if you have been treating women well and you believe women should be happy in that position, why are you afraid to be put there too? Isn't it a happy place? grin grin
Oh the pain is only sweet as long as you are not the one experiencing it ba? How does your daughter being given full right as your son in the society mean she would take the manly role from him? Do you even know what brought about the tussle?

*sighs* You still don't understand the ideology behind feminism. . . There's a difference between women's rights and feminism. I won't keep schooling you guys.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by sekem: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

I know her personally.

She's very direct.

What you see is what you get.

Na why I talk say the guy go dey hear am

But still, na dia bizness sha.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2016
sekem:

I know her personally.

She's very direct.

What you see is what you get.

Na why I talk say the guy go dey hear am

But still, na dia bizness sha.

Abi o.... that's her 'biness'. . . *listening to sekem* mc galaxy oooooo megudep megudep, t-spice, I want to sekem. . . grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by wunmi2odun(m): 11:50am On Dec 30, 2016
Dongreat:
Ok to be frank here, this post was created and posted out of inferiority mindset. You think you can't see a billboard adv of a black person/ Nigerian in a developed world. Common man. ''Tis like my first time I saw a glo ad on CNN when I was very young and I was shouting in joy.
Brother we see this everyday in foreign countries and it's no big deal. She is a model of that beauty company, and just like you saw dbanj or Faz on MTN recharge cards, so does her face appeared on a billboard paid for by that company of which she's an ambassador.

Ps: you can go to the New York time square and pay for an ad space and yes your pic will be shown on those huge screens for all to see. NOT SURPRISING.
Ehhya pelee

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by delishpot: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

*sighs* You still don't understand the ideology behind feminism. . . There's a difference between women's rights and feminism. I won't keep schooling you guys.

Abi you Don write your own dictionary? What is the diff between women's rights and feminism?

Feminist movements have campaigned and continue to campaign for women's rights, including the right to vote, to hold public office, to work, to earn fair wages or equal pay, to own property, to receive education, to enter contracts, to have equal rights within marriage, and to have maternity leave. Feminists have also worked to promote bodily autonomy and integrity, and to protect women and girls from rape, sexual harassment, and domestic violence.[3]

Feminist campaigns are generally considered to be a main force behind major historical societal changes for women's rights, particularly in the West, where they are near-universally credited with achieving women's suffrage, gender neutrality in English, reproductive rights for women (including access to contraceptives and abortion), and the right to enter into contracts and own property.[4] Although feminist advocacy is, and has been, mainly focused on women's rights, some feminists, including bell hooks, argue for the inclusion of men's liberation within its aims because men are also harmed by traditional gender roles.[5] Feminist theory, which emerged from feminist movements, aims to understand the nature of gender inequality by examining women's social roles and lived experience;

What is evil in that movement? You are afraid that you will not have the right to sieze her kids and throw her out peniless should you decide to do so? Or you are afraid her new found freedom would make her not worship you like she used to when her only hope for life was in her being married to you and seen in society as a married woman no matter what abuse she has to endure to keep that status? Feminism by is not a power tussle thing, only that men wantbto have control over women and as such, fear to lose the one thing that makes them feel big. But a real woman shouldn't try to shut her man down, a real woman just needs her man to see that she also has goals, dreams, passions and aspirations which she can achieve with his support just as she also supports him to grow. Same with societies that feel women are not given proper brain from heaven and as such should he under the control of men even if the men are foolish.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Her feminism is way better, try some Feminazi and see the hell you will face, Her own ideals are fair and balance, but feminazis are misandrists
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by toprealman: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Can only imagine.....
You: sweetie can you get me a glass of wine
Her: Why? That's sexist Mr!
You: I need a massage
Her: Is it because I'm a lady?
You: Can you fix something for lunch.
Her: You can do that you know...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2016
delishpot:

Abi you Don write your own dictionary? What is the diff between women's rights and feminism?

Feminist movements have campaigned and continue to campaign for women's rights, including the right to vote, to hold public office, to work, to earn fair wages or equal pay, to own property, to receive education, to enter contracts, to have equal rights within marriage, and to have maternity leave. Feminists have also worked to promote bodily autonomy and integrity, and to protect women and girls from rape, sexual harassment, and domestic violence.[3]

Feminist campaigns are generally considered to be a main force behind major historical societal changes for women's rights, particularly in the West, where they are near-universally credited with achieving women's suffrage, gender neutrality in English, reproductive rights for women (including access to contraceptives and abortion), and the right to enter into contracts and own property.[4] Although feminist advocacy is, and has been, mainly focused on women's rights, some feminists, including bell hooks, argue for the inclusion of men's liberation within its aims because men are also harmed by traditional gender roles.[5] Feminist theory, which emerged from feminist movements, aims to understand the nature of gender inequality by examining women's social roles and lived experience;

What is evil in that movement?

Delish baby, anyone can wiki or google up anything and copy the part that suits his/her views just like you did, so let's not go into that. Now rather than argue the semantics of the word ''feminism'', I'd like you to compare it to its male counterpart, masculism.

Now compare both. . . if you reach the conclusion that masculism is right and there's nothing wrong with it, then I'd also agree that feminism is 100% right.

The keyword here my dear is extremism. . . Each party focuses on domination rather than equal rights and that's my point exactly.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Feminism doesn't mean you can't be submissive after all husbands too have to be submissive to their wives just like the bible, feminism means freedom of choice, a feminist can decide to be an housewife on her choice (though it feels contradictory to me in practical) where feminism kicks in is where women are discriminated because of their sex.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by delishpot: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Delish baby, anyone can wiki or google up anything and copy the part that suits his/her views just like you did, so let's not go into that. Now rather than argue the semantics of the word ''feminism'', I'd like you to compare it to it's male counterpart, masculism.

Now compare both. . . if you reach the conclusion that masculism is right and there's nothing wrong with it, then I'd also agree that feminism is 100% right.

The keyword here my dear is extremism. . . Each party focuses on domination rather than equal rights and that's my point exactly.

Like I said earlier,Google is there for all to use. Whether I copy and paste or Clip and paste, it does not change the fact. Feminism is not saying anyone should be put down for anyone to survive. If your so called masculism is about pushing down women, then it's wrong.
Feminism has clearly defined itself but I guess you rather take it from the way you wish to see it rather than use Google to "copy and paste" what those who stand for it belief their struggle is about.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. / Short Drama Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.