Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) (47764 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
delishpot:

Like I said earlier,Google is there for all to use. Whether I copy and paste or Clip and paste, it does not change the fact. Feminism is not saying anyone should be put down for anyone to survive. If your so called masculism is about pushing down women, then it's wrong.

Lol. Pas de problem mon amie. . . wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by missKiffy(f): 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Pavore9:

It is certainly not!
It is, he never said he cant imagine himself in a relationship with Adichie, he saiɗ he cant imagine himself in a relationship with one, that is a feminist

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by nnokwa042(m): 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Bros, I'm a staunch advocate for women's rights. . . but there's a difference between feminism and women's right and often times, the concerned parties get it all mixed up.

Women's right = not maltreating women, equal human rights, recognition of women's contribution to the society and respecting them as weaker vessels.

Feminism = what-a-man-can-do-a-woman-can-do-better mentality, unnecessary competition with the male gender especially in positions of authority, lack of submission at home and at work, especially when their superiors are men.

Hope that explains it. . .
thanks bro then let her go and share thier family land with her brothers in her village angryone day she will even like to break colanut in front elders of her kinsmen feminism my black ass angry again thanks

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Dongreat(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2016
arabianights:
Well said, thank you. Exposure is the key word here and one doesn't need to travel to be exposed. You can choose to develop your self by reading or and watching less useless proves on TV. when your parents to give birth to you, give birth to your self. In other words, develop your self to what you wish to become.

You are wise MR. Apparently many Nigerians ain't exposed (no pun to anyone please).
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Ecosystem4u: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
Donshemzy1234:
so should we fry beans

Is not a matter of frying beans. If u are an Afonja upload ur pix ao we can see ur ugliness cos is either u are bleached or.............complete it.

Na joke oo tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by delishpot: 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
nnokwa042:
thanks bro then let her go and share thier family land with her brothers in her village angryone day she will even like to break colanut in front elders of her kinsmen feminism my black ass angry again thanks

Have you tried to find out what feminism is about? What is wrong in a woman sharing her fathers land with her brothers? Is it a curse to be a woman? No be the same way dem born boys dem take born her? You are saying this because you are a man and as such you can have land ba?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by pchukwudi: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
It was "created out out of inferiority mindset" because it was Chimanda Ngozi Adichie. Really?

But if it were D'Banj or Davido it would have been "dope" or "impressive".

Seriously your type of hypocritical thinking parttern is just super disgusting.

[s]
Dongreat:
Ok to be frank here, this post was created and posted out of inferiority mindset. You think you can't see a billboard ad of a black person/ Nigerian in a developed world. Common man. ''Tis like my first time I saw a glo ad on CNN when I was very young and I was shouting in joy.
Brother we see this everyday in foreign countries and it's no big deal. She is a model of that beauty company, and just like you saw dbanj or Faz on MTN recharge cards, so does her face appeared on a billboard paid for by that company of which she's an ambassador.

Ps: you can go to the New York time square and pay for an ad space and yes your pic will be shown on those huge screens for all to see. NOT SURPRISING.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by GreyLaw(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Delish baby, anyone can wiki or google up anything and copy the part that suits his/her views just like you did, so let's not go into that. Now rather than argue the semantics of the word ''feminism'', I'd like you to compare it to its male counterpart, masculism.

Now compare both. . . if you reach the conclusion that masculism is right and there's nothing wrong with it, then I'd also agree that feminism is 100% right.

The keyword here my dear is extremism. . . Each party focuses on domination rather than equal rights and that's my point exactly.

Hahahaha... aptly put!

Semantics is not the issue, but the ideology behind it, and the real-life implications of feminism.

You know what beats me? Even some church people who have read and listened to sermons on how the order of humanity should be, get online, follow crazy groups and become "radicalised". Yeah, feminism in its behind-the-scenes ideology does that to them.

I stand up for ladies to sit, I give utmost respect to my female bosses, I help them as much as I can, I clamor for their rights, etc. Those are women's rights, and is a far cry from the kind of feminism we see today.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Dongreat(m): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
pchukwudi:
It was "created out out of inferiority mindset" because it was Chimanda Ngozi Adichie. Really?

But if it were D'Banj or Davido it would have been "dope" or "impressive".

Seriously your type of hypocritical thinking parttern is just super disgusting.

[s][/s]

Dude from your monicker and name quotes, I can tell of your mindset. I am neither going to go low to play the ethnics card with you nor will I grace your idiocy of elephantine proportion with another response. Enjoy your world of tribal debates. Have a good day Mr tribalism.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
GreyLaw:

Hahahaha... aptly put!

Semantics is not the issue, but the ideology behind it, and the real-life implications of feminism.

You know what beats me? Even some church people who have read and listened to sermons on how the order of humanity should be, get online, follow crazy groups and become "radicalised". Yeah, feminism in its behind-the-scenes ideology does that to them.

I stand up for ladies to sit, I give utmost respect to my female bosses, I help them as much as I can, I clamor for their rights, etc. Those are women's rights, and is a far cry from the kindnof feminism we see today.

Exactly!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by pchukwudi: 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
Just shut up. You've already gone as low as it could get. So quit the dumb game already. No need to play the holier than thou card after being busted. It's not anyone's fault that you could not control your restive bigotic thoughts - even in a public forum.

Dongreat:

Dude from your monicker and name quotes, I can tell of your mindset. I am neither going to go low to play the ethnics card with you nor will I grace your idiocy of elephantine proportion with another response. Enjoy your world of tribal debates. Have a good day Mr tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by CashVessel(m): 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
Pavore9:

Don't even imagine it because she is already married and a mother!

Are you sure you read the statement properly before responding or you just wanted to make a comment however useless it is? 'He said "I can't imagine being in a relationship with one". He didn't say with Chimamanda
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by akeensbussy(m): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
That is her own cup of tea...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by lolaibitoye(f): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
Pavore9:

It is certainly not!
it actually is
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by lolaibitoye(f): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
Pavore9:

It is certainly not!
it actually is
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
INTROVERT:
Okay
you eh
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Galaxie: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dongreat:
Ok to be frank here, this post was created and posted out of inferiority mindset. You think you can't see a billboard ad of a black person/ Nigerian in a developed world. Common man. ''Tis like my first time I saw a glo ad on CNN when I was very young and I was shouting in joy.
Brother we see this everyday in foreign countries and it's no big deal. She is a model of that beauty company, and just like you saw dbanj or Faz or chidinma "kekedeke" or Harrysongs on MTN recharge cards, so does her face appeared on a billboard paid for by that company of which she's an ambassador.

Ps: you can go to the New York time square and pay for an ad space and yes your pic will be shown on those huge screens for all to see. NOT SURPRISING.

Modified: it seems some tribal bigot who are so poor, uneducated, senile and useless to matter have invaded here again so I had to modify the mtn ambassador list
We have seen posts on fp like Davido hugs wizkid, tonto dike smiles in new photo etc, These are normal things we do everyday,yet its not inferiority to discuss them. All of a sudden you feel its inferiority to discuss one of Nigeria greats making waves in diaspora because you think a black man on a billboard is a common thing? Smh for you. bush man

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by adimsmt: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Feminist who has done little or nothing to empower women in her country

Read her books you will learn something, her books alone are empowerment tools for women thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 9:16pm On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

When you're ready to get married, marry one. The feminism that african women are carrying on their heads now is what the white women who have tried it are running from. God never created women to be the head of the family, yet so many of them want to upset the balance of nature all in the name of gender equality. If a woman slaps a man, she's a weaker vessel, so no big deal. If a man slaps a woman, he's a monster. . .

Ara yin a to bale. undecided undecided

What is this one saying now?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by IslamicRebel: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
Read this about Islam and you know whether you live in a safe area or not. The percentage population of muslims will determine whether you are safe or not. Please read and share especially with Christians in the Middle Belt.

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%

Australia -- Muslim 1.5%

Canada -- Muslim 1.9%

China -- Muslim 1.8%

Italy -- Muslim 1.5%

Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.

This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%

Germany -- Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%

Spain -- Muslim 4%

Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for

Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%

Philippines -- 5%

Sweden -- Muslim 5%

Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%

India -- Muslim 13.4%

Israel -- Muslim 16%

Kenya -- Muslim 10%

Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%

Chad -- Muslim 53.1%

Nigeria--50%

Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and ***ya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%

Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%

Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%

Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%

Egypt -- Muslim 90%

Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%

Iran -- Muslim 98%

Iraq -- Muslim 97%

Jordan -- Muslim 92%

Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan -- Muslim 97%

Palestine -- Muslim 99%

Syria -- Muslim 90%

Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%

Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%

Somalia -- Muslim 100%

Yemen -- Muslim 100%

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Craven: 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
blackberlin:

Bros, I'm a staunch advocate for women's rights. . . but there's a difference between feminism and women's right and often times, the concerned parties get it all mixed up.

Women's right = not maltreating women, equal human rights, recognition of women's contribution to the society and respecting them as weaker vessels.

Feminism = what-a-man-can-do-a-woman-can-do-better mentality, unnecessary competition with the male gender especially in positions of authority, lack of submission at home and at work, especially when their superiors are men.

Hope that explains it. . .

You just successfully misinterpreted feminism. You need to pick up a book and read about Feminism. Without Feminism, girls wouldn't still be allowed to vote, they will be denied thw right to education, and their only place in society would be to serve men.

Feminism is not "being a man". It is recognizing that women should have equal rights, as well as the right to choose what works for them.

A woman not wanting to be submissive to anyone shouldn't be your business. It's her choice. You cannot force your views on any woman. You cannot expect her to be a certain way and then pretend to be disappointed if she chooses to be different.

You have no right to expect anything from any woman because no woman on this planet owes you anything. They don't owe you submission, they don't owe you the ability the carry out domestic chores, and they sure as hell don't owe it to anyone to be the "weaker vessel". Stop feeling so entitled.

Feminism preaches that it is NOT your place to tell a woman who she should be, how she should be, and what she should be. And you should respect her decisions even if it doesn't work for you. I'm not saying you have to accept it, you have to "respect" it. And if a woman's feminist views doesn't work for you, why don't you just look away? I guarantee you that you will be fine. Do your own thing and let the woman do hers. It is not your business what she does. That is what Feminism fights against, society in general force women to be a certaim way, and this is wrong. When we do this, we're taking away a woman's rights to be whatevet she chooses to be. And the sole reason society does is is to cater to patriarchy, to cater to man and their gigantic egos. Men cannot handle being challenged by women, so they do whatever they can to make women smaller, call them "weaker vessels" so they can sleep better at night. This is wrong and inhumane.

The funny thing? When a guy sees a feminist, he then begins to threaten her with marriage. "I can't marry someone like that. Who will marry a feminist? She will grow old an unmarried woman!"

This is what the average Nigerian man does. He is in the habit of being entitled to things that do not belong to him, and them makes silly threats when they don't work his way.

See, nobody cares if you can't marry a feminist. You wanna know some thing interesting? Feminists are not interested in marrying you too. The kind of man that is threatened by opinionated women is the kind of man feminists do not want.

Chimamanda is a feminist, a happily married woman, and a mother. She successfully paired herself up with an EVOLVED man, who respects her views (who is not scared by these views because he understands his wife's right to them) and they're happy together. She knew what she wanted and she went after it.

People just choose to misinterpret Feminism because they're so used to patriachy and feel uncomfortable when it is threatened.

Why do Feminists scare you? Ask yourself that! What are you so afraid of? That your ego will be bruised? Is your ego the most important thing in the world? Please! Have several seats.

You think Feminism is the problem, and you're wrong. The problem is with misogynist men who think women werr born to cater to them, to be submissive to them, to be weaker vessels. That is the problem. We have men feeling entitled when they themselves are worth nothing!

You cannot continue to treat women like weaker vessels. We live in a world where women are world leaders and you still want to treat them like weaker vessels? Women have evolved. They no longer feel the need to be weak. There are literally millions of women who have achieved so much more than you can ever think of, Chimamanda inclusive, and you still think they are weaker vessels? LMAO! You must like to dream. You're still stuck in old times, bro. You better update yourself, unless women will pass you by. You need to evolve.

In addition, you should learn to live and let other people live. You can decide to marry a woman who wants to be a weaker vessel, and you can decide to raise your daughters to be weak, that's your business.

But don't force your views on women you don't know. Leave them alone! You might not appreciate strong, independent, intelligent, and opinionated women, but there are other people who do. Leave these Feminists for us and take your weaker vessels. We have no interest in weakling.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Tats(m): 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
See the full advert and also watch the explanation about the advert to understand the statements she made in the Ad.

Advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1hMx_dx1nE

Explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJL4REziTvE
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Craven:

You just successfully misinterpreted feminism. You need to pick up a book and read about Feminism. Without Feminism, girls wouldn't still be allowed to vote, they will be denied thw right to education, and their only place in society would be to serve men.

Feminism is not "being a man". It is recognizing that women should have equal rights, as well as the right to choose what works for them.

A woman not wanting to be submissive to anyone shouldn't be your business. It's her choice. You cannot force your views on any woman. You cannot expect her to be a certain way and then pretend to be disappointed if she chooses to be different.

You have no right to expect anything from any woman. No woman on this planet owes you anything. They don't owe ypu submission, they don't owe you the ability the carry ouy domestic chores. Stop feeling so entitled.

Feminism preaches that it is NOT your place to tell a woman who she should be, how she should be, and what she should be. And you should respect her decisions even if it doesn't work for you. And if it doesn't, walk away, you will both be fine. Do your own thing and let the woman do hers. It is not your business what she does.

The average Nigerian man is in the habit of being entitled to things that don't belong to him. See, guy, nobody cares if you can't marry a feminist. You wanna know something? Feminists are not interested in marrying you too. You cannot threatem a Feminist with marriage.

People just choose to misinterpret Feminism because they're so used to patriachy and feel uncomfortable when it is threatened.

Why do Feminist scare you? Ask yourself that! What are you so afraid of? That your ego will be bruised? Is your ego the most important thing in the world? Please! Have several seats.

You want to continue to treat women like weaker vessels and that's sad. We live in a world where women are world leaders and you still want to treat them like weaker vessels? There are literally millions of women who have achieved so much more than you can ever achieve, Chimamanda inclusive, and you still think they are weaker vessels? LMAO! You sound like a dreamer.

See, why don't we all live and let people live. You can decide to marry a woman who wants to be a weaker vessel, and you can decide to raise your daughters to be weak. But don't force your views on women you don't know. Leave them alone! You might not appreciate strong, independent, intelligent, and opinionated women, but there are other people who do. Leave these Feminists for us and take your weaker vessels. We have no interest in weaklings.

You seem quite pained with the fact that I chosed to hit the nail on the head. Now with reference to your definition of feminism, I agree 101% with any dictionary meaning. But my focus here isn't on semantics, it's actually about the misunderstanding of the original intents of feminism and the extremism being witnessed by these modern feminists. The term ''feminist'' in recent times, is negative and has more to do with extremism than just advocating for women's rights. . . modern feminists are biased in their opinion of what women's rights truly are. I won't keep clarifying things cos there are so many wiki/dictionary checkers here on nairaland, so I don't expect you to see things beyond the dictionary meaning of words.

Now, I don't think I said anything negative about women in general, my focus was on feminist and their abuse of the term. I don't feel threatened by any woman, I seek to encourage them and doff my hat when I see them exceed societal limits. You're the one who is getting overly aggressive without seeking to understand the motive behind my post. So all those childish stuff you wrote on there are not for me, I know what I mean and I'm not forcing my POV on anyone.

Either ways, I still stand by my word that women are weaker vessels (in terms of physicality and according to the supreme eternal order of life).
There's nothing anyone can do about that. . . YOU INCLUSIVE! cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Craven: 6:50am On Dec 31, 2016
blackberlin:

You seem quite pained with the fact that I chosed to hit the nail on the head. Now with reference to your definition of feminism, I agree 101% with any dictionary meaning. But my focus here isn't on semantics, it's actually about the misunderstanding of the original intents of feminism and the extremism being witnessed by these modern feminists. The term ''feminist'' in recent times, is negative and has more to do with extremism than just advocating for women's rights. . . modern feminists are biased in their opinion of what women's rights truly are. I won't keep clarifying things cos there are so many wiki/dictionary checkers here on nairaland, so I don't expect you to see things beyond the dictionary meaning of words.

Now, I don't think I said anything negative about women in general, my focus was on feminist and their abuse of the term. I don't feel threatened by any woman, I seek to encourage them and doff my hat when I see them exceed societal limits. You're the one who is getting overly aggressive without seeking to understand the motive behind my post. So all those childish stuff you wrote on there are not for me, I know what I mean and I'm not forcing my POV on anyone.

Either ways, I still stand by my word that women are weaker vessels (in terms of physicality and according to the supreme eternal order of life).

-
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Craven: 7:06am On Dec 31, 2016
blackberlin:

LMAOOOOOO!!!! Which nail did you hit on the head please?

Raise you're daughers to be weak. Tell your mom she's weak (no offense meant here, if women are to be the weakers ones in your eyes, then you must understand that you're referring to ALL women). Tell your wife she's weak. Convince your sister's they are weak. But leave other people's daughters, wives, mothers, sisters alone to be whoever they want to be.

You have your views, let other people have theirs.

You claim you're for women's rights and yet here you are, trying to deny them the right to choose a different path for themselves. Not everyone will take the same paths, the fact that you cannot accept this is the problem. It's 2016 and you still think like this? Sad!

You say there's nothing anyone can do about? Deep down you know you only succceded in telling yourself a huge lie. How else would you then explain why we have female world leaders? Female entrepreneurs? Female CEOs? These women, do you think they grew up feeling like weaker vessels? If these women believed the world could not be changed, do you think they would be were they are today?

Your thinking is potentially dangerous to you and to those around you. I'll explain why.

Someday, you'll have a daughter. And I'm sure you'd love to be a father to a great daughter. Try telling her all that you've said when she makes an effort to shatter the glass ceiling and fails as a result of patriachy. Try telling her there's nothing she could do about it when she loses a position shr is qualified for to a less qualified man just because she's female.

I feel most men don't think the benefits of feminism through before bashing it. If you ever plan on having a daughter with solid leaderships skills and the potiential to rule the world, or if you plan on having a wife who would stand up to speak in a room and command the attention of everyone in it, then you should know that your archaic views on women's place in society won't take them very far.

Women are powerful beings, they bring so much to the table and they have the ability to make the world a better place. But most of them never get the chance to do so because they are surrounded by men like you.

Men who try to make women feel small are a disease in the society. I think you need to evolve and try to see things from a woman's perspective. Only then can you understand Feminism.

Have a lovely holiday. :-)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 31, 2016
Craven:

LMAOOOOOO!!!! Which nail did you hit on the head please?

Raise you're daughers to be weak. Tell your mom she's weak. Convince your sister's they are weak. Leave other people's daughters, wives, mothers, sisters alone abeg.

I thought I quoted someone sound. . .keep talking trash.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Craven: 7:18am On Dec 31, 2016
blackberlin:

I thought I quoted someone sound. . .keep talking trash.

Lol okay. Happy Holidays. :-)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by unmask: 7:33am On Dec 31, 2016
Peacetemi:

There's nothing wrong in being with a feminist bro.
Infact feminists are the best, they're usually very intelligent.
But there are very few of them in Nigeria though, all Nigerian girls want to form feminists yet 90% of them can't even survive without getting money from guys cheesy
my thinking exactly.....feminist are very intelligent and that is my major turn on in any woman.......
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Craven: 7:37am On Dec 31, 2016
GreyLaw:

Hahahaha... aptly put!

I stand up for ladies to sit, I give utmost respect to my female bosses, I help them as much as I can, I clamor for their rights, etc. Those are women's rights, and is a far cry from the kind of feminism we see today.

This is in response to the second paragraph.

There are billions of people on this planet. And we all have different cultural and religious backgrounds. Because of these difference, we can't all take the same paths or believe in the same things.

I think it is wrong to spell out how/what/who women should be with just one religion.

It's okay to believe in your religion, I have no business with that. But then the same right you have to follow doctrines, is the same right the other person have to follow another and live a different life.

Live and let others live.

To the second paragraph.

Standing up for ladies to sit, respecting your bosses, helping them — it doesn't solve anything. Yes it's good to be kind, everyone should be kind. But all that you do, it doesn't stop or change the fact that women have been denied rights — women have been assaulted because they are seen as weak/inferior and their rights have been taken from them. By rights, I mean RIGHTS. The right to choose who they want to be and what paths they want to follow. I feel you're focusing on the irrelevant and ignoring the important. Women are still being subjected to domestic abuse and sexual assault, subjected to discrimination in the work place, subjected to genital mutilation, denied education, objectified, bullied. These are serious issues, and standing up for a woman to sit does not fix them. What you're doing, though it's nice, it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

We delude ourselves when we try to make ourselves believe females nag when they bring up Feminist views. Women are only pointing out to you what hurts them, and you keep letting them down when you don't take their complaints to mean a thing. You're a man, and you cannot fully understand what women go through, which is why it is so easy for you to dismiss it.

This is wrong. Let's leave religion out of it for a second and be humans for a bit. (Religios answers/views aside, and think independently — I believe you can) Would you like to be treated as a weaker vessel? If your answer is "no", then why would you want another human to be treated the same? "Because she is a woman" is not a good answer. "Because the bible said so" is the worse answer. Why should you treat your fellow human as weak? Why? Think about that for a minute? What's the rationale behind it? Think about it. We can't continue to accept doctrines and not question them.

Leave the bible alone for a second and look at the real world. Rape victims have been forced to marry their rapists. Female children have been forced to marry old men. Girls have been mutilated for silly reasons. Women have been forced to drink the bath water of their dead husbands. Women are being treated this way because society have conditioned them to ne treated like inferiors. (You won't bully anyone who is your equal or take advantage of them). Women go through all these and more and you're still talking about order in the bible and standing up for women to sit? What a joke! We focus on religion so much we fail to see life has been difficult for so many people. One thing is for sure, no one would be quoting bible verses if their daughters, wives, sisters, mothers fell victim of these evils.

We forget that the bible was written in an ancient time, when people still made sacrifices, when a woman is seen as unclean if she gives birth to a female child, when people proceeded to sacrifice their sons. This is the 21st century, why does our thinking have to remain the same? If someine should proceed to sacrifice their sons in this day and age in the name of religion, what would you think of them? Crazy is the word!

But the bible/religion issue is a topic for another day.

But keep this in mind, Feminism fights for women's rights. The right to do whatever as long as they're not hurting anyone. I feel it is wrong to assume that because some women have gone radical (which isn't a crime) Feminism is bad. There are radical males as well, why don't we scold them? Why do we focus on radical women alone? I'll tell you why, because we're not used to seeing radical females. They're unusual, and seem threatening.

Let's live and let live please. We need to start respecting how people, male, female, muslim, christians, jews, live their lives. It shouldn't be our business. We have no say on how the other person want to live their life. Equal rights for everyone! Let's respect it. You can't give a man free rein and put a woman on a leash. It is wrong.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Magicmichael(m): 7:37am On Dec 31, 2016
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by GreyLaw(m): 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
Craven:

This is in response to the second paragraph.

There are billions of people on this planet. And we all have different cultural and religious backgrounds. Because of these difference, we can't all take the same paths or believe in the same things.

I think it is wrong to spell out how/what/who women should be with just one religion.

It's okay to believe in your religion, I have no business with that. But then the same right you have to follow doctrines, is the same right the other person have to follow another and live a different life.

Live and let others live.

To the second paragraph.

Standing up for ladies to sit, respecting your bosses, helping them — it doesn't solve anything. Yes it's good to be kind, everyone should be kind. But all that you do, it doesn't stop or change the fact that women have been denied rights — women have been assaulted because they are seen as weak/inferior and their rights have been taken from them. By rights, I mean RIGHTS. The right to choose who they want to be and what paths they want to follow. I feel you're focusing on the irrelevant and ignoring the important. Women are still being subjected to domestic abuse and sexual assault, subjected to discrimination in the work place, subjected to genital mutilation, denied education, objectified, bullied. These are serious issues, and standing up for a woman to sit does not fix them. What you're doing, though it's nice, it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

We delude ourselves when we try to make ourselves believe females nag when they bring up Feminist views. Women are only pointing out to you what hurts them, and you keep letting them down when you don't take their complaints to mean a thing. You're a man, and you cannot fully understand what women go through, which is why it is so easy for you to dismiss it.

This is wrong. Let's leave religion out of it for a second and be humans for a bit. (Religios answers/views aside, and think independently — I believe you can) Would you like to be treated as a weaker vessel? If your answer is "no", then why would you want another human to be treated the same? "Because she is a woman" is not a good answer. "Because the bible said so" is the worse answer. Why should you treat your fellow human as weak? Why? Think about that for a minute? What's the rationale behind it? Think about it. We can't continue to accept doctrines and not question them.

Leave the bible alone for a second and look at the real world. Rape victims have been forced to marry their rapists. Female children have been forced to marry old men. Girls have been mutilated for silly reasons. Women have been forced to drink the bath water of their dead husbands. Women are being treated this way because society have conditioned them to ne treated like inferiors. (You won't bully anyone who is your equal or take advantage of them). Women go through all these and more and you're still talking about order in the bible and standing up for women to sit? What a joke! We focus on religion so much we fail to see life has been difficult for so many people. One thing is for sure, no one would be quoting bible verses if their daughters, wives, sisters, mothers fell victim of these evils.

We forget that the bible was written in an ancient time, when people still made sacrifices, when a woman is seen as unclean if she gives birth to a female child, when people proceeded to sacrifice their sons. This is the 21st century, why does our thinking have to remain the same? If someine should proceed to sacrifice their sons in this day and age in the name of religion, what would you think of them? Crazy is the word!

But the bible/religion issue is a topic for another day.

But keep this in mind, Feminism fights for women's rights. The right to do whatever as long as they're not hurting anyone. I feel it is wrong to assume that because some women have gone radical (which isn't a crime) Feminism is bad. There are radical males as well, why don't we scold them? Why do we focus on radical women alone? I'll tell you why, because we're not used to seeing radical females. They're unusual, and seem threatening.

Let's live and let live please. We need to start respecting how people, male, female, muslim, christians, jews, live their lives. It shouldn't be our business. We have no say on how the other person want to live their life. Equal rights for everyone! Let's respect it. You can't give a man free rein and put a woman on a leash. It is wrong.

What a lengthy epistle! First, when I referred to religion, I was clearly talking of church people: THOSE WHO GO TO CHURCH -- read it again. Who in heaven or earth decides for you what religion you want to practice? I mentioned church people because these people drink from the same river, which is the Bible. And if we proclaim Christianity, but learn to do things against the same faith we profess, then that's where the problem lies.

Whether one is a Shintoist, Hindu, Muslim, as per the reference to religion in my piece you quoted, I don't give a hoot. I was clearly referring to Christians. Whatever someone of another faith, or indeed, a faithless person professes, is really none of my business.

Man has been abusing man all through the ages. It's not only women who are abused. Men are also abused at home by women, boys raped by women, male house helps abused by women and men alike, etc. Who fights for them? Definitely not the paranoid feminists.

That said, women are weaker vessels and we must treat them with utmost respect. I agree with women's rights, but I essentially do NOT agree with feminism. I say this because I very much understand the ideology behind it. Feminism makes women paranoid; they believe the male folk are their enemy, which is not true.

Forget whether I am nice or not. I respect the rights of women. Period. And all those things you listed are truly those rights of women. My grouse is "feminists" using those things as a guise to "overthrow" their perceived enemies -- men.

In sports and in the military, women are known to carry less weight and less rigour. They are less strong(generally speaking). Feminism blinds their eyes to these differences.

Women's rights clamor for women to be treated fairly for whom they are, and given equal opportunities with men; feminism(I mean real-life reality) clamors for unhealthy competition, a kind of what-a-man-can-do-a-woman-can-do-better attitude. And this attitude has destroyed homes.

Regardless of religion, all over the world, men head homes. No amount of sophistication can change that. Try the reverse and the home is in trouble. Feminism says the man should bath the 3month old baby, cook his meals when he wants to eat, stay at home and watch the kids if the wife earns more, submit to the wife's orders if she's highly placed in society; women's rights say men should help out at home and allow the woman achieve the best she can in life and in society. There. Is. A. Huge. Difference!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) by Ewucanbeer: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2017
I have known this woman for 25 years, wetin be ya business? No be you dey marry am!!
sekem:

I know her personally.

She's very direct.

What you see is what you get.

why I talk say the guy go dey hear am

But still, na dia bizness sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. / Short Drama Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.