Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached (18277 Views)

Vote Buhari To Get Presidency 2023- Martins Azubuike, PDP Chieftain Tells Ndigbo / EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account / Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by ijustdey: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
Twenty of the 24 members of the Abia state house of assembly have impeached Martins Azubuike, the speaker.

The aggrieved lawmakers elected Kennedy Njoku, representative of Osisioma Ngwa north constituency, to take over the leadership of the assembly.

Azubuike, a three-term lawmaker, was said to have fallen out with the powers that be in the state.

He was elected speaker in June; and in just the following six months, he has survived at least four impeachment threats.

Prior to the impeachment, Clinton Uba, Azubuike’s chief press secretary, said his boss did not commit any impeachable offence.

“Mr. Speaker is innocent. An attempt to impeach the speaker, who has been carrying every member along can only heat up the polity,” he had told Sun.

“The sixth assembly has been the most peaceful, despite its composition.

“The speaker has also been very supportive to the executive. Until we get to the house and see the alleged impeachment notice, I will be guided in my response but, I can confirm to you that the plot to remove my boss is no longer secret. My advice to the aggrieved members is to have a rethink and place the interest of the state above self.”

https://www.thecable.ng/abia-assembly-impeaches-speaker

3 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by kokosin: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
wen will Buhari be impeached...well I and my Oga right now

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by madridguy(m): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by madridguy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
100 years he no go happen.

kokosin:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by food4otukotu(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
life goes on

2 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Janetessy(f): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Following

1 Like

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by daddyyo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
the new speaker right now

7 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Working for Uche Ogar...Ikpeazu caught him red -handed

5 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by slawomir: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
ok
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by vicoloni(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
So make we commot our boxers?
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Everblazinggg(f): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Na so....I dey come make e land for promise land first
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by friedcorn: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hey guys......i just fvcked my landlord's daughter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Everblazinggg(f): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
I am coming, make e land for promise land first
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Femich18(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's well with him
kokosin:
Waiting for Buhari to be impeached? Lol... you funny. The probability of Arsenal winning the next 4 champions league is far greater than Buhari been impeached.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Bobo419: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Impeachment kwanu!!!

What was his offense? Did he steal? Was he kwarupt? Did he kill? Did he put the name of the house into disrepute?

Nah!

He fell off with the power that be in the state!!!

A typical House of card scenario (For those who follow the series.)

Meanwhile......

The new Speaker is smiling at the invitation to come eat the National cake. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by ogologoamu: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Handwork of Thief Armedrobber Orji (T.A Orji) paving way for his CRIMINAL son Ikuku, to become speaker.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by PigMeat: 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wetin concern bicycle with filling station? If them like make them kill am sef.

1 Like

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Vanpascore(m): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hw? pikso or adon blfit
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by faitheverest(f): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
Chai
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Edenoscar(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
Next is okezie ikpeazu, we have no time for nonsense
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by yinkslinks(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wow u finally achieved something since 2016 started. Weldone sir
friedcorn:

2 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by GJames(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
ijustdey:

Prior to the impeachment, Clinton Uba, Azubuike’s chief press secretary, said his boss did not commit any impeachable offence.

“Mr. Speaker is innocent. An attempt to impeach the speaker, who has been carrying every member along can only heat up the polity,” he had told Sun.

How can someone be impeached for no reason. This press secretary can lie sha.

Meanwhile, the FTC guy will grow old waiting for Buhari's impeachment

1 Like

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Aaam(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
friedcorn:
you need an award for dat?

2 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by FisifunKododada: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
cheesy
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by ikukuhero: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=friedcorn post=52372203]Hey guys......i just fvcked my landlord's daughter.[
/quote]

Hello dear, you've made a similar nonsensical post and I'm tempted to suggest you go seek either mental or spiritual evaluation and help. Your mind is absolutely contaminated. Finally, just before you drive the final nail into your coffin and get yourself by yourself deep down into your own self-dug grave, you may consider getting it right with your maker -Jesus. You need Him real bad.

9 Likes

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by barrybanbi: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
Who cares? When den dey chop money una tell us?

1 Like

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by obataokenwa(m): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
you know Orji Uzor Kalu just decamped, so one has to be very careful. His mission is not yet known
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by chrisxxx(m): 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
I wish we could impeach Wenger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by adonbilivit: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
friedcorn:
evidence plz. I knew that girl was a LovePeddler
Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
friedcorn:

1 Like

Re: Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached by jericco1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
so it wasn't a joke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos: Opulence In The Midst Of Poverty (NYTimes) / Chief Onochie Ikenua Is Dead. / Police Begins Aerial Surveillance Patrol Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.