Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Reason For The Season - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reason For The Season (559 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack / What's The Reason For The Increase In Alcohol Intake Among Youth Today? / Government Official Explains Reason For Recent Power Outage In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason For The Season by 2onymontana(m): 1:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Most of us get caught up in the whole essence of Christmas, the giving, the eating, the loving and the partying, and in all of that totally alienate the real reason for the season (Christ, Jesus Christ) the whole essence of Christmas has been drained out of the real owner of the day, an has been turned into a celebration of ourselves, our kids and our loved ones.

So in this post I want to talk of the power in the Name of Jesus.

In the world we live in today, I believe seasons like Christmas, where almost the entire world comes together to celebrate the birthday of Christ would be a great time to let people know about the person of Jesus Christ, his history and His purpose.

The word “Name” could be describe as a word or number of words given to a person, place or thing or could be describe as a way in which they are address by. Everything in heaven and on earth has a particular name by which they are know or addressed, the stars, the skies, the clouds and so forth, likewise on earth almost everything man-made has a name, Countries, towns cities, streets, cars, money in denominations of currency, and so forth. Humans are not left out either, all humans beings the minute they are conceive into this world are given a name, so it was no surprise that when Jesus Christ came to this world he was given a name as well. His name wasn’t just given to him by his parents like most of us name our children, it was foretold to them by an angel, as the scriptures states, the angel appeared to Mary and told her that the child in her womb should be named and called Jesus.

The significance of the name Jesus could be seen further down in the new testament between Philippians 2:9-11 to be precise where it states that Jesus being God, didn’t consider himself equal with God, but was obedient onto God even onto death, whereby God gave him the highest honor in heaven and the Name that is above all names, that at the mention of the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Chris is Lord.(paraphrased)

In my attempt to break down this passage of Philippians “whereby God gave him the highest honor in heaven and the Name that is above all names, that at the mention of the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Chris is Lord.” I’ll be splitting the passage into three parts. And if we understand deeply what the writer of Philippians is saying here, then we will be able to understand the matchless power in the Name of Jesus, and that at the mention of that Name we are able to get, conquer or achieve anything we want in life.

The first part:

As I mentioned earlier, everything man-made on earth has got a name, people, job, careers, goals, material things all have specific names their known by or addressed by, hence what the scriptures is telling us here is that, as much as all these things we might desire on earth have a name that are given to them, there is a name that is above them all or that’s greater than them all, and not only that, the passage is also saying that all our desires whatever names we or the would may identify them with, are subjected to the authority of a bigger Name, the Name of Jesus, and that, at the mention of that Name Jesus they shall all bow to the authority in the greater Name.
Why? simply because the creator of the earth gave Him (Jesus) a Name that is above ALL names, and in that name Jesus, He embedded power and authority into to it, whereby if you call upon that name with regards to any situation or circumstances which itself is known by an earthly name, title or addressed by, at the the mention of the Name of Jesus, that situation, circumstance or whatever its called will have to bow to the greater authority. So if its a job you want, subject the job name to the Name of Jesus, Money, subject it to the Name of Jesus, house, car, whatever it is you want, subject it to the name of Jesus, once you believe in the power of the Name Jesus, and what your asking for is aligned with God’s will for our life, it will surely come to past.

The second part:

I’ll like to address where the scripture states that “every knee shall bow” … my submission here is simply that for something to have a KNEE it has to be a living thing, a person, animal whatever you choose to call it, there has to be some form of life in that thing for it to be able physically bend its knee and bow it its head.. non living things, could be made with knees, i.e mannequins, statues, tables, chairs and so forth, but non of them actually have the ability to kneel, bend, or bow by themselves without any form of human intervention, hence what the writer is assuring us in this Philippians scripture is that, anything that has a name, that’s a living thing, that has a knee and that is able to comprehend or sense things of its own accord, at the mention of the Name of Jesus, a Name that is above all Names which has been given the the authority above all other Names, will have to bend its knee and bow to the power in the name of Jesus, what sort of things could these be? well, I’ll say, sickness, anxiety, fear, depression, habits, addiction etc, they all have some form of names, and reside in the bodies and minds of living humans being that are alive and have knees, hence they all can be subjected to the authority in the powerful Name of Jesus.

The third part:

The last part of the passage states that “and every tongue confess that Jesus Chris is Lord” ……this part I could say, applies to the beneficiary of the victory, (us) what its saying or trying to signify here is that, after we have called on the Name of Jesus upon your situation or circumstance and got the victory over that situation by seeing the intervention of God over that situation or circumstance, and knowing fore sure without a doubt that its been the hand and the power of the Almighty God that brought us victory, we would be able to confess with our tongue through our mouth that “Jesus Christ is Lord“.

And as we already know, only living things have tongues, but only humans beings have tongues that allow them to speak, acknowledge, praise or confess the awesomeness of God.

Tony Williams
@tonywilliamms
http://www.tonywilliamss.com

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Important Message From Donald Trump Concerning Valentine. / What Business/trade Can I Started With N2m That Can Attract N20k Gain Everyday? / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.