Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,692 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Amodu Demands Respect - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Demands Respect (595 Views)

IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Demands Respect by ifeanyija(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
Amodu demands respect

Posted: 2009-11-19 13:59

Under-fire Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu says he has earned the right to treated with respect by the fans and media alike.
Amodu qualified Nigeria for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, but has failed to convince the fans, and is barely tolerated by the local media, many of whom have wasted little time calling for him to be fired and replaced with a foreign manager.

"What they are doing is disrespectful, not only to me, but also to the thousands of local coaches in this country," Amodu told KickOffNigeria.com.

"We have qualified this country for the World Cup for the second time. The first time, things had gone so bad that it took a lot of hard work and personal sacrifices both from the players and the coaches to get us there.

"Now, we have done it again. I think I have earned the right to be treated with respect."

As a club coach, Amodu won domestic and continental titles with BCC Lions, and has racked up an impressive competitive record as Nigeria coach, losing just one competitive game in his four spells at the helm, spanning 29 games.

Jis only loss was to the surging Senegal team that went on to beat France enroute to reaching the World Cup quarterfinals, and Amodu insists that those numbers should be enough to earn him credit.

"If they cannot respect me for what I have achieved both as a club coach and national team coach, then they cannot respect any other local coach."

Calls have been growing increasing strident on the need for a foreign 'Technical Adviser'. Amodu says he has no objections.

"I am not saying they should not bring their technical adviser, but they should learn to respect those of us who have given everything and achieved a lot with a fraction of the resources that would be spent on a foreign coach."

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12341
Re: Amodu Demands Respect by semid4lyfe(m): 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
Amodu does not need to demand respect. He has earned it with his performance.
Re: Amodu Demands Respect by snowdrops(m): 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2009
Bravo
Re: Amodu Demands Respect by buffead(f): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
HE SHOULD GO TO HELL , RESPECT MA ASS!! O JAJA GBE WA LO SI WORLD CUP O LENU , WE WOULD LOSE ALL DA MATCHES WOEFULLY NA ME TALK AM CME 2010 !! NONSENSE angry
Re: Amodu Demands Respect by snowdrops(m): 11:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
grow up buffead
Re: Amodu Demands Respect by semid4lyfe(m): 11:55am On Nov 20, 2009
Leave her make she dey misyarn for there.
Re: Amodu Demands Respect by chiboy7(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2009
buffead:

HE SHOULD GO TO HELL , RESPECT MA ASS!! O JAJA GBE WA LO SI WORLD CUP O LENU , WE WOULD LOSE ALL DA MATCHES WOEFULLY NA ME TALK AM CME 2010 !! NONSENSE angry

As far as am concern you are still a baby, NONSENSE angry

(1) (Reply)

Is Yobo Amodu's Dependable Defender? / Predict Nigeria Opponents In The World Cup / Group B-sa2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.