Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Loc Trouble Deepens - 400 Cars Ordered, 14 Delivered, One Missing - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Loc Trouble Deepens - 400 Cars Ordered, 14 Delivered, One Missing (740 Views)

Iran In Trouble For Fielding Men In A Female football Competition(photo) / Fifa Women’s World Cup (Germany 2011) LOC/Trophy Tour In Nigeria / Fifa U-17 World Cup Final May Not Be Broadcast - As Loc Owes Tv Station N3.5bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Loc Trouble Deepens - 400 Cars Ordered, 14 Delivered, One Missing by ifeanyija(m): 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
LOC trouble deepens - 400 cars ordered, 14 delivered, one missing - Contractors to storm Aso Rock

Ade Somefun, Abuja - 19.11.2009

FOUR days after the conclusion of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, hosted by Nigeria, the Local Organising Committee (LOC) is yet to wade through the river of crises that surrounds it, as another crisis is brewing over the number of Peugeot cars bought for the competition.

According to Nigerian Tribune source, the LOC was mandated to bring in 400 cars to the country for the championship with import waiver from the Federal Government, but only 15 cars were said to have been shipped in.

Nigerian Tribune source also revealed that only 14 cars were eventually delivered by the LOC, as one of the cars was said to be missing from source.
Meanwhile, contractors who handled various projects for the LOC in the just concluded FIFA U-17 World Cup, Nigeria 2009, have resolved to storm Aso Rock with placards any time from now to make the LOC change its decision on payment of money owed them.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the action was considered after the LOC had issued a fresh letter indicating the forfeiture of 30 per cent of their contractual fees.

One of the contractors (name withheld) told Nigerian Tribune that the decision to carry placards to the Presidency was to ensure justice.

He stated that it was unspeakable that they would have to forfeit part of their entitlements after carrying out the projects to the specifications of LOC.

“The issue is that we would carry placards to the Villa so that the Presidency would know the problem we are facing in the course of getting our money.

“In fact, the contract I got was awarded for N950,000 and I even released N200,000 to get it from the person who was awarded the contract in the first place. I spent N600,000 to execute the project. Imagine, how much would I gain if the LOC deducts 30 per cent from the said figure?

“So, there is the need for us to let the presidency know about this injustice. It would have been understandable if the LOC had in the letter of award of contract indicated that certain amount will be forfeited to cover VAT and internal revenue tax," said the embattled contractor, who pleaded anonymity.

Efforts to speak with the General Manager (Procurement), Mr. Biodun Erinle, on the issues proved abortive, as his line, when Nigerian Tribune called, was switched off.

http://tribune.com.ng/19112009/news/news2.html
Re: Loc Trouble Deepens - 400 Cars Ordered, 14 Delivered, One Missing by walakolobo: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
lies.

(1) (Reply)

I’m Not In Nigeria For Money—lagerback / South Africa Lodge Protest Against Nigeria's Fielding Of Over-age Players / Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.