Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup (733 Views)

Oshoala: Ikorodu Stands Still For World Cup Heroine / Jonathan To Reward Eagles For World Cup Ticket / Nigerian Premier League Rated Best In Africa For 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by bizzy234: 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2010
Nigeria’s Super Eagles arrived in South Africa Wednesday morning for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Nigeria will open their campaign in Johannesburg against Argentina on 12 June before playing Greece in Mangaung/ Bloemfontein on 17 June. They will then finish off their Group Matches against Korea Republic in Durban on 22 June.

“It is with great pleasure that we welcome Nigeria to South Africa for the World Cup as the first of the African teams, besides Bafana Bafana, to arrive in the country. As giants of African football I am sure they will do the continent proud at the World Cup,” said Chief Executive Officer of the South Africa 2010 Organizing Committee, Dr Danny Jordaan.

“First of all, I feel very privileged to be here and to be part of this World Cup; the first World Cup in Africa. We are looking forward to what we hope will be a good tournament. The few weeks (since I took over) have been wonderful for me – the players attitudes have been great. We have had great preparations,” said Nigeria’s coach, Lars Lagerback.

“We have a very tough group, the quality of the opposition is very good and what I know is that all the teams want to win. But the Super Eagles are ready to take on the world’s best. We know there are high expectations, especially from our fans. If we give our 100%, we can beat any team. But I am happy with everything so far,” continued Lagerback.

Credit: OC
Myjoyonline.com/Ghana

Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by makajibbz(m): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2010
Better people don reach there since last two weeks, but,
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by snowdrops(m): 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
after enough unnecessary delay. hmmmm fingers crossed.
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by sultan003(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2010
Who be the better pple we don reach there since two weeks ago??
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by OvieE: 1:34am On Jun 03, 2010
sultan003:

Who be the better pple we don reach there since two weeks ago??

My friend, please asked that silly idiot called makajibbz. I can recalled that Nigeria maybe just maybe the fith or six teams to arrived.

@makajibbz you are a fool.
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by chiboy7(m): 9:01am On Jun 03, 2010
Biggest fool 4 that matter. Idiot
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by nateevs(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2010
The England team left yesterday.
Wetin be your point?
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by makajibbz(m): 12:16am On Jun 04, 2010
after few weeks, all you Bigotts will be choppin' your mouths!
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by DisGuy: 1:02am On Jun 04, 2010
Bloody hell, they looked very organised done they? shocked

A Bayelsa Outfit* with the niger delta hats for all the players will have done the trick
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by eddy1977(m): 1:08am On Jun 04, 2010
So proud of the super eagles.
wether they win the cup or loose it, still I shall say: Go super eagles.love you.
Re: Nigeria Arrives In South Africa For World Cup by makajibbz(m): 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2010
now, i hav the right to say fukk ya'll who insulted me, fukk you,
and did you guys know that while the portugal team were in class learning tactics,Nigerian team were dancing with girls in their hotel, angry

(1) (Reply)

Lagos United 1 Liberty Pros. Of Ghana 2 / Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles / The Fall Of The Yak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.