Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns (31328 Views)

IfeanyiCy Njoku: 'If I Die, Hold Rochas Okorocha Responsible' - Imo Journalist / Thugs Sent To Kill John Eke Njoku, Abia Local Government Chairman Caught / Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by Gpdwise(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
Captain6:
The man is handsome.
finally somebody is making sense!!!!
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by MaziOmenuko: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
This is the grand plan right from the word go!

The man was just used as a font for ochendo's son to become the speaker. Ikuku-ochendo didn't want it to look like he sponsored the impeachment of the previous speaker: now there's a vacuum, he will easily lobby to be elected the speaker since he is from Abia central where the seat is zoned.

Watch out as events unfold.

1 Like

Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by betty202020(m): 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
wise7:
They can't even lead themselves.... Issorait
whats wrong with that. people continue being hypocrites. is it a crime for house to impeach the leader or a crime to resign.
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by UncleJudax(m): 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
AnonyNymous:
I don't believe for once that a Nigerian politician will just resign for 'personal reasons'. Maybe he's been threatened grin
And thats not personal enough?
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by Bishops10(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ponponkon what's happening??
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by jamesbond22(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
Oblitz:
fear
. Obot, u see your people
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by plainmirror(m): 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
This is the grand plan right from the word go!

The man was just used as a font for ochendo's son to become the speaker. Ikuku-ochendo didn't want it to look like he sponsored the impeachment of the previous speaker: now there's a vacuum, he will easily lobby to be elected the speaker since he is from Abia central where the seat is zoned.

Watch out as events unfold.
I thought there are legal prerequisites required by a 'floor' house member before he/she can vie for the position of speaker. Such as serving 1st tenure before being deemed qualified to vie for the post.
my thoughts anyways.
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by MaziOmenuko: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
plainmirror:

I thought there are legal prerequisites required by a 'floor' house member before he/she can vie for the position of speaker. Such as serving 1st tenure before being deemed qualified to vie for the post.
my thoughts anyways.

Those prerequisites are not enshrined into any constitution: it's just a gentle-man agreement, the case of Akpabio comes to mind where principal officers of the senate are also required to be 2nd timers but he was made the minority leader despite it being his first tenure as senator.

Ikuku-ochendo will capitalise on the 'lacuna' to emerge the speaker.

1 Like

Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by walybouy(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
SINGLET BOYS AT IT AGAIN.......
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by plainmirror(m): 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Those prerequisites are not enshrined into any constitution: it's just a gentle-man agreement, the case of Akpabio comes to mind where principal officers of the senate are also required to be 2nd timers but he was made the minority leader despite it being his first tenure as senator.

Ikuku-ochendo will capitalise on the 'lacuna' to emerge the speaker.

Good to know this. Ochendo will like to flex his federal political muscle to swing the position to his progeny.
Family business as usual.
if and only if a dogged opposition emerges for same post.
i have this feeling also that the just sworn in 'speaker' resigned out of threats from some heavyweight political cabal and not out of civility.
My thoughts though.
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by JastSiryin(m): 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
RESIGN?!! so politician fit resign for dis country without any fracas. I hail o
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by riczy(m): 8:40am On Dec 31, 2016
D man get chicken heart,dat seat no b play b4 na,him don c Watin pass am: d devil rules
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by SIRJENTLE: 8:46am On Dec 31, 2016
LET US BE CONSTRUCTIVE IN OUR THINKING.

SOMEBODY RESIGNED FROM OFFICE AND WE ARE CASTIGATING HIM.IT IS A MARK OF MATURITY. HE HAS SEEN THAT HE CAN NOT DISCHARGE HIS DUTIES WILLFULLY WHILE IN OFFICE AND WHEN THINGS ARE GOING WRONG IT IS HIM THAT WE SHALL BE CALLING.
HE ACTED RIGHT TO HAVE BOWED OUT IN TIME.

LET US EMULATE FROM THE LIKES OF :CAMERON etc.

must an African man die on the seat of power just to see he is their even when things are upside down(like our so called president who refused to resign even though he knows nothing about economy and has refused to get competent hands to work with him).
Re: Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns by Oblitz(m): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2016
jamesbond22:
. Obot, u see your people

James bond! ! ! !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Declares Bauchi Governorship Election Inconclusive - TVC / Travelers On Tegina-Zugero Highway In Niger Flee During A Bandit Attack (Video) / US Opts To Buy Nigeria’s Crude, Says Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.