Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Any One From The North? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any One From The North? (844 Views)

First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) / Naija Representing: Please Take A Minute Vote For Lola To Go To The North Pole! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any One From The North? by paddylo1(m): 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
OK i am tired of hearing these southern Nigerians yarn on Niraland,always fighting about tribes.,who is finer,who is a thief and all other nonsense

Now my question,Any Nairalander From the NORTH?

and i dont mean Abuja,i mean Gombe,maiduguri,kano,sokoto,zamfara,katsina,kebbi, and so on

take some pictures and post here or better yet come and tell us what your state and city is like,so for a minute i can stop hearing about these southerners

and b4 you all criticize me am from the south too,but it seems we dont hear much from our fellow countrymen up North

besides hausa girls are damn fine
Re: Any One From The North? by saha(f): 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2009
lol!actually ive come across a few of my fellow northerners in the culture section.u are right let everyman/woman come sell their land,im proud of kano state,its a great city with a lovely history,the city is congested ala lagos but its laid back & very interesting.
Re: Any One From The North? by Phlota(f): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
m a southerner, but i luv d north nd virtually evrythin abt dem. i am learnin d language too. i'ld luv sm1 2 help me out. tanks
Re: Any One From The North? by mikedanza(m): 10:07am On Jan 27, 2010
I Live in the North.
Kaduna has wide boulevards, vibrant GRAs (Obasanjo,Atiku, Gowon, Buhari, Babangida, Yaradua even Mutallab! all have houses here).

Several universities (infact, Zaria in Kaduna has one of the largest and diverse spread of institutions - The all famous Ahmadu Bello University, Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (only one in naija!), Nigerian Military School (only one in naija- for boy soldiers- when u go to this secondary school u are on a payroll for life and you can get to go on to NDA or normal university), Depot Nigeria Army (only one in naija- for recruitment of non degree holders), FCE, Polys, Leather Research, Energy research (Nuclear), chemical researh, Animal research etc. Nigerian Defence Academy (in kaduna town, only military university for preparing officers), Command and staff College Jaji (Only promotion and training agency for all military officers), 1 Mechanized Div etc))

Rolling hills skirt the country side, sweet-sweet hausa-funali babes with fair and lovely skins and pointed noses (though most don't go out unless u meet them on campus, then)

Rent is relatively ok. From 200-400k u should something comfort.

We have our own compliments of clubs (NAF club etc), eatries, Churches (House on the Rock, Living Faith, Redeemed, etc), Mosques (Sultan Bello) and parks (Gamji Park)

Industries for job opportunity include Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN), Virtually all the banks (some banks have regional offices here, so recruitment is often not uncommon), Brewries and bottling coys like IBB, NBC, CocaCola etc, Telecoms (all the majors have their offices here), The PPMC-NNPC, etc etc etc

Less riots, Bauchi is a cool town cos of former Governor Muazu, Katsina is cool too as no riost have really been recorded here, secondary schools look like higher institutions in katsina, the katsina state university is really really cool (thanks to big bucks from the dangote's who donated a billion naira). Kano is very cool for trading, the GRA is super cool. Plateau is very cool except for recent upheavals of peace (if u love nature and animals like lions etc u can see them in bauchi- yankari games reserve, kano zoo and jos zoos)

See ehn, the most honest and gentlest person in nigeria is genarally the Hausa man. (I've live in most parts of Nigeria or visited, so trust me when i tell u this). The issue he has is when u cross his religion, simple.

But in the north, it's possible to get married with nothing (believe me very very honestly when i say nothing- ) The girls family, if well to do or not, ususally gives her an accompanying dowry - Furnihings for ur living room, kitchen utensils, bed and mattress, electronics and food to cover the two of you for one year, trust me- this is very true!
Re: Any One From The North? by niceguy10: 10:37am On Jan 27, 2010
Poster, are you from the North? If yes, how do you see the killings of the Christians in the your place?
Re: Any One From The North? by iz2much: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
yea, so?
Re: Any One From The North? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2010
nice-guy10:

Poster, are you from the North? If yes, how do you see the killings of the Christians in the your place?

I'm sure the OP said he's a Southerner - unless you failed to read the complete opening post.

And besides, do you have to spoil a thread, by bringing up the religious issues? Can't you for once just relax and contribute positively?
Re: Any One From The North? by paddylo1(m): 3:47am On Jan 30, 2010

i thought i said am a southerner. . .
as for the killings,i heard it went both ways. . very unfortunate(and am a christian)

i like the description of kaduna by mikedanza. . .
one thing i always got from northerners i have come in contact with is how proud they are of their city
whether it is k.d(kaduna),J town(jos), or bauchi. .

hope there are more guys and gals to come tell us more about their respective cities/states up north
Re: Any One From The North? by niceguy10: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2010
I once lived in Kano and as a matter of fact i hate every second spend there, cus my brother was killed, my shop was set on fire. There is nothing interesting  in the norther part of the country.
Re: Any One From The North? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2010
'NORTH!! Where are em' Pictures?
Re: Any One From The North? by JJM(f): 9:03am On Feb 01, 2010
I was born and brought up in Kano before I left for UK at the age of 17. My memories of Kano are great. I remember Sabon gari market, Kano club, Tiga Dam to mention a few. I really enjoyed my boarding school in Kazaure. Unfortunately I do not have photos here. Without going into detail, my understanding is that things are not what they used to be anymore there.

However, sticking on the positive, absolutely fantastic and happy memories, and yes I do have a pointed nose and can speak Hausa fluently but am a southerner born and brought up in Kano.

In sha Allah zen koma Kano wata rana.Zen je ingeshe duk kawa na.(not sure if I can still write it well, never mind, cant even write Yoruba well).

Proud to come from Kano state and Ogun State.
Re: Any One From The North? by shilling(f): 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2010
I was born in Bauchi State, does that count?
Re: Any One From The North? by Hadone(m): 3:04pm On Apr 21, 2010
[size=18pt]Proud one from the most peaceful northern state. KATSINA.[/size]
Re: Any One From The North? by iice(f): 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
JJM:

I was born and brought up in Kano before I left for UK at the age of 17. My memories of Kano are great. I remember Sabon gari market, Kano club, Tiga Dam to mention a few. I really enjoyed my boarding school in Kazaure. Unfortunately I do not have photos here. Without going into detail, my understanding is that things are not what they used to be anymore there.

However, sticking on the positive, absolutely fantastic and happy memories, and yes I do have a pointed nose and can speak Hausa fluently but am a southerner born and brought up in Kano.

In sha Allah zen koma Kano wata rana.Zen je ingeshe duk kawa na.(not sure if I can still write it well, never mind, cant even write Yoruba well).

Proud to come from Kano state and Ogun State.

Exactly. I could say the same for Jos which is where i grew up. I used to go to Kano back in the day. Loved the blend of the old and new infrastructures.

(1) (Reply)

Tofel ,iestl & Any Other Foreign Exams Machinery / For Anyone Familiar With Lagos / Urgent! Naija Living In Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.