Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Does Anyone Know About The Prospects Of Ginger Farming In Nigeria? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Does Anyone Know About The Prospects Of Ginger Farming In Nigeria? (1002 Views)

Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly / Updated - 9 Quick Tips On Ginger Farming - Read Full Post / Sustainable Cultivation Of GINGER/TURMERIC: The Golden Crop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know About The Prospects Of Ginger Farming In Nigeria? by veteran001: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
I learnt from a few people that ginger farming is pretty lucrative, bit don't seem to know Mich about it.

Can anyone who has an idea about it give me a little, or if possible, a detailed information about ginger farming and its money making potential?

How much would a good variety of ginger cost/kg or /seedling?

How much ginger would be harvested/ha under normal conditions?

How much is the price of ginger/kg?

I will appreciate the info....thanks..
Re: Does Anyone Know About The Prospects Of Ginger Farming In Nigeria? by veteran001: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
I would need to buy the seedlings too..
Re: Does Anyone Know About The Prospects Of Ginger Farming In Nigeria? by iniobong888(m): 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
veteran001:
I learnt from a few people that ginger farming is pretty lucrative, bit don't seem to know Mich about it.

Can anyone who has an idea about it give me a little, or if possible, a detailed information about ginger farming and its money making potential?

How much would a good variety of ginger cost/kg or /seedling?

How much ginger would be harvested/ha under normal conditions?

How much is the price of ginger/kg?

I will appreciate the info....thanks..

Find my thread on Ginger farming and read up, it will answer your questions, or better still give me a call on these number 08102816356
Re: Does Anyone Know About The Prospects Of Ginger Farming In Nigeria? by Mistymash: 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
There's not much detail about cultivating this spice. Only thing is you cannot farm ginger on a water logged area. It needs sun it needs rain and rich moist soil. If your location certify these criteria you are good to go.then you can start asking for the main details in cultivating ginger and it's profitability,which we know it really is profitable.
Anyone interested in buying the roots to cultivate for commercial purpose should GO DIRECTLY to the farmers in JABA LOCAL Govt(kwoi,taime...)kaduna state.
Re: Does Anyone Know About The Prospects Of Ginger Farming In Nigeria? by veteran001: 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
Mistymash:
<b>There's not much detail about cultivating this spice. Only thing is you cannot farm ginger on a water logged area. It needs sun it needs rain and rich moist soil. If your location certify these criteria you are good to go.then you can start asking for the main details in cultivating ginger and it's profitability,which we know it really is profitable.
Anyone interested in buying the roots to cultivate for commercial purpose should GO DIRECTLY to the farmers in JABA LOCAL Govt(kwoi,taime...)kaduna state.</b>

Thanks....iniobong888 mentioned sth about the price in one of his posts....I'll make more research though....

(1) (Reply)

Palm Kernel Nuts Available In Good Quantity . / 3 Facts You Need To Know To Succeed In Water Melon Farming / Hire A Planter To Plant Your Grains(maize Cowpea Soyabeans Etc Within Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.