Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland (1801 Views)

Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party / Nairaland Auto-dealers Task-force Team Are The Real Deal For Us / Regrets For Auto Dealers As Dollar Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 31, 2016
1. Fhemmy.... years of trade no scandals

2. calculux.....same

3. Lanshi.........same

4. redcliff......though part time.... also clean

5. femmy2010.... also clean though all is cars are always labelled firm.

6. my humble self ... although just starting

7. honeymixx.... majoring in Benz cars

Add yours....

Don't allow yourself be defrauded.
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by muritala24(m): 6:27am On Dec 31, 2016
NgcoboP:
2. calculux.....same
4. Lanshi.........same
5. redcliff......though part time.... also clean
6.femmy2010.... also clean though all is cars are always labelled firm.
7. my humble self ... although just starting
8. honeymixx.... majoring in Benz cars
9. anchor.... Efficient and value for your money....

don't allow yourself be defrauded.
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by BazyLastard: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2016
This list should be maintained by Seun, or the Autos section mod and should be sticky and at the top of the Autos section.

There should also be a clearly defined criteria to join this list.
- Years of trading with zero fraud reports
- Number of votes from satisfied customers recommending the seller to join this list
etc.

Think of all the fraud cases that could have been avoided if something like this existed.

I think Seun might be missing a trick here. The nairaland autos section can be doing a lot better than it currently is. Stories upon stories of fraud are scaring away users.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 31, 2016
BazyLastard:
This list should be maintained by Seun, or the Autos section mod and should be sticky and at the top of the Autos section.

There should also be a clearly defined criteria to join this list.
- Years of trading with zero fraud reports
- Number of votes from satisfied customers recommending the seller to join this list
etc.

Think of all the fraud cases that could have been avoided if something like this existed.

I think Seun might be missing a trick here. The nairaland autos section can be doing a lot better than it currently is. Stories upon stories of fraud are scaring away users.
we have given seun the conditions to put in place for fraud prevention.. the auto section mod got into his bad books for implementing it....cc pafestula

1 Like

Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by redcliff: 9:08am On Dec 31, 2016
Oh.. wow. Them put my name as reputable car dealer... i did not even know person dey monitor my moves....but my cars expensive o. I must warn you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by uboma(m): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
@ NgcoboP,

This is a good move.
As someone above suggested, this thread should be made sticky on the autos section so that everyone who visits the section will see this thread as the first thread.

With your passion to sanitize the autos section, Seun should consider appointing you a moderator.

Cheers
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Niseed(m): 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2016
NgcoboP:

2. calculux.....same

3. Lanshi.........same

Add yours....

whilst this might be a good idea, I think buyers are responsible for carrying out necessary checks on a vehicle before purchase.

Quite a few dealers started off without any issues and were constantly praised for their "clean" vehicles before things took a different turn.

@ Op should a deal go awry with any of the names you listed are you going to refund the customer?

the only way a verified list will work is if the dealers sign up for some sort of money or take back guarantee that protects the buyer if vehicle delivered is not as described.

there will always be dodgy dealers and naive customers. both parties need each other. so it's buyer beware.

also the fact that a car is "used" does not mean there must be random fixes to be made. many have gotten used cars in the past with no surprise fixes popping up other than the normal service.
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
uboma:
@ NgcoboP,

This is a good move.
As someone above suggested, this thread should be made sticky on the autos section so that everyone who visits the section will see this thread as the first thread.

With your passion to sanitize the autos section, Seun should consider appointing you a moderator.

Cheers
moderator? nope I'll pass.
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Fogman(m): 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
Such suggestion has been canvased here some 4yrs back, when we had German007 issue but it never saw light of the day.

From the above list, only Phemmy, Calculux and Femmy2010 have been tested and trusted over the years. This are peeps that have sold for over 6years on this forum without blemishes. Also, not forgetting my humble self.

With regards to Cityhood wahala, any dealer that have sold less than 6yrs here is a newbie and need more time to be trusted.
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Ninilowo(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
What of Largeman
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ninilowo:
What of Largeman
feel free to add and if there are issues people will point them out in due course. cheers

1 Like

Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by laptopsale(m): 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
And here we are
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by ojmaroni247(m): 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ojmaroni247
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by BazyLastard: 7:57am On Jan 03, 2017
Niseed:

whilst this might be a good idea, I think buyers are responsible for carrying out necessary checks on a vehicle before purchase.

Quite a few dealers started off without any issues and were constantly praised for their "clean" vehicles before things took a different turn.

@ Op should a deal go awry with any of the names you listed are you going to refund the customer?

the only way a verified list will work is if the dealers sign up for some sort of money or take back guarantee that protects the buyer if vehicle delivered is not as described.

there will always be dodgy dealers and naive customers. both parties need each other. so it's buyer beware.

also the fact that a car is "used" does not mean there must be random fixes to be made. many have gotten used cars in the past with no surprise fixes popping up other than the normal service.

The list does not have to be infallible for it to work. A disclaimer can be added to the post to let users that NL has no liability in dealing with the people on the list and remind the users that they still need to verify and do the usual checks. Furthermore, steps to take to verify the car could even be added even the required documents to request for.

The problem is, the people who fall for scams most times on NL autos are newbies who do not understand the environment. A sticky thread like this could go a long way to inform them on the right steps to take, and to trust no one with their money.

When good dealers go rogue, they often end up scamming quite a number of people before an alarm is raised. With a list like this, once somebody reports one of the dealers on the list for some shady business, a warning can quickly be raised and they can be suspended or blacklisted until the issue is cleared. This would be added incentive for the dealers not to misbehave so they don't get blacklisted.

Seun where are you? Could you come clear up your concerns around this and why you stopped the initiative before?

1 Like

Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by MSItachi: 8:35am On Jan 03, 2017
So many reputable dealers are missing from here
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 16, 2017
please add them
MSItachi:
So many reputable dealers are missing from here
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by jodecibmw: 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
I very much agree.

NgcoboP:
please add them
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Armstrong34(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
SEUN ....pls I suggest u kip this thread permanent on the first page of auto sections.... So that it can help we make d right choices wen shopping for our automobiles on NL......

1 Like

Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by zhikirullah(m): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hello, our rates crashed, ship your items such as cosmetics, fashion, electronics etc for as low as $3/lbs, ship your car for as low as $780, ..save up to 40% on your global procurement or shipping service, we have hundreds of verified merchants where you can buy internationally at low cost using your MasterCard, be wise, log on to www.sclogisticsng.com to get free warehouse addresses in USA, UK, China etc for your shopping. Call/whatsapp +2348066353127.
Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by Cosplay: 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2018
NgcoboP:

2. calculux.....same

3. Lanshi.........same

Add yours....

grin cheesy grin

How time flies.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland by thebigkendo(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2018
Cosplay:

grin cheesy grin

How time flies.

Grave digger grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

BUY YOUR OBD CAR SCANNER / .. / SOLD! SOLD!! Santorini Black 2016 Lexus LX570 Premium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.