Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party (5432 Views)

Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? / What Was Your Experience Like Buying A Car From The Nairaland Auto Section / Nairaland Auto-dealers Task-force Team Are The Real Deal For Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Jethrolite(m): 8:26am On Apr 26, 2018
I know most of you are not actual auto dealers because a real auto dealer will not make that type of error repeatedly.

When you upload your car here for sale, please do not upload VIN. If you have a serious person who wants to buy the car then ask they come see the car physically with their mechanic.

Stop playing into the hands of do gooders here who have no interest in buying your car but only want to destroy your sale and potential commission.

I made the mistake of falling into the trap here too of damaging a car sale and I am sorry for what happened.

If you do not post your VIN online, nobody can destroy your sale with it.

You guys have to wise up and realise even though car marketing can be done online, a serious buyer will always come for physical inspection with their mechanic.

Car buyers and sellers alike should know buying a car is a huge investment even if the car is N100k, that is not chewing gum money. You have to do your due diligence before buying a car, go with a trusted and honest mechanic for physical inspection. As a potential buyer if you can not spare N2k to N10k to give a mechanic to follow you for car inspection then you are like a person giving out loan without signed documents to back the transaction. You will eventually regret not paying the little extra to secure the deal. A case of penny wise, pound foolish.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Kufie(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
Rubbish post!
Post your VIN here let buyers know if they'll be wasting their time with you.

36 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Jethrolite(m): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
Kufie:
Rubbish post!

Post your VIN here let buyers know if they'll be wasting their time with you.
You're the rubbish human being window shopper.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
grin cheesy

What’s hilarious is that you think there are no ways to obtain vin information for vehicles unless the seller provides the vin. Wake up and smell the coffee son.

There’s also the massive obvious contradiction where you’re recommending due diligence in one line and discouraging VIN being provided in the next.

No surprise there.

https://www.nairaland.com/4472739/vin-validation-vin-tampering-case

Sure, don’t post the vin. There’s always someone willing to assist with that.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
As I’ve mentioned before, any seller who refuses to make the VIN for advertised vehicles available or insists on a physical inspection to provide the VIN has something to hide. Case study the link I posted above.

Whenever you come across an advert with the vin and/or vehicle relevant history missing and the seller refuses to make it available without a physical inspection, please run far away

For every seller who takes the above advice and insists on not making the vin available for preliminary investigation, there are 10 others who make the vin available because they have nothing to hide.

There is no crime in selling accidented or salvaged vehicles. The issue is when sellers take the above irrational advice and hide the relevant information necessary for interested parties to make informed decisions.

Choose wisely.

NEXT!!

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by valarinz: 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
Cosplay:
As I’ve mentioned before, any seller who refuses to make the VIN for advertised vehicles available or insists on a physical inspection to provide the VIN has something to hide. Case study the link I posted above.

Whenever you come across an advert with the vin and/or vehicle relevant history missing and the seller refuses to make it available without a physical inspection, please run far away

For every seller who takes the above advice and insists on not making the vin available for preliminary investigation, there are 10 others who make the vin available because they have nothing to hide.

There is no crime in selling accidented or salvaged vehicles. The issue is when sellers take the above irrational advice and hide the relevant information necessary for interested parties to make informed decisions.

Choose wisely.

NEXT!!

You ran away on the other thread when I posted these screenshots, now you're here forming holy, pls explain the relevance of those personal slander on my family to your vin campaign...I'm waiting

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by aninweze(m): 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
valarinz:

You ran away on the other thread when I posted these screenshots, now you're here forming holy, pls explain the relevance of those personal slander on my family to your vin campaign...I'm waiting
We have been following the conversations both of you had, on different threads. You are not holy neither.
LOL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by aninweze(m): 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
OP saidcome with a "trusted" mechanic.
Ohh please!!!!
You guys have perfect d the art of givig kick backs to dese same mechanics, for a falsified result. Even if the pope came to inspect th car as a mechanic, you guys wld find a fantastically corrupt way to compromise his result.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by valarinz: 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
aninweze:

We have been following the conversations both of you had, on different threads. You are not holy neither.
LOL

I've never pretended to be, have I?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by valarinz: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
aninweze:
Ohh please!!!!
You guys have perfect d the art of givig kick backs to dese same mechanics, for a falsified result. Even if the pope came to inspect th car as a mechanic, you guys wld find a fantastically corrupt way to compromise his result.

I quite disagree with this, when you pay a reliable mechanic (not roadside kazeem) to come inspect a car for you, they mostly never request for kickbacks in order to approve your car. In most cases which I've experienced they tell you the truth cos they know their reputation is at stake in case you buy the car and it later turns out to be a lemon.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
valarinz:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist pointing out the difference between slander and libel. Slander is spoken defamation, libel is written or typed defamation. So I think in this scenario libel would be more appropriate.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by valarinz: 1:27am On Apr 27, 2018
Cosplay:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist pointing out the difference between slander and libel. Slander is spoken defamation, libel is written or typed defamation. So I think in this scenario libel would be more appropriate.

After hours you came back to attack my English..lol

Wasn't expecting any better from you to be honest though

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by dcole73: 2:25am On Apr 27, 2018
I guess OP sells stolen vehicles.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by waveskaaya(m): 3:30am On Apr 27, 2018
your so funny...here in America sellers post vins before selling and your there saying sellers shouldn't post vin.tshew
Jethrolite:
I know most of you are not actual auto dealers because a real auto dealer will not make that type of error repeatedly.

When you upload your car here for sale, please do not upload VIN. If you have a serious person who wants to buy the car then ask they come see the car physically with their mechanic.

Stop playing into the hands of do gooders here who have no interest in buying your car but only want to destroy your sale and potential commission.

I made the mistake of falling into the trap here too of damaging a car sale and I am sorry for what happened.

You guys have to wise up and realise even though car marketing can be done online, a serious buyer will always come for physical inspection with their mechanic.

Car buyers and sellers alike should know buying a car is a huge investment even if the car is N100k, that is not chewing gum money. You have to do your due diligence before buying a car, go with a trusted and honest mechanic for physical inspection. As a potential buyer if you can not spare N2k to N10k to give a mechanic to follow you for car inspection then you are like a person giving out loan without signed documents to back the transaction. You will eventually regret not paying the little extra to secure the deal. A case of penny wise, pound foolish.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17am On Apr 27, 2018
Thread is D.O.A what you don't understand is, once the question "pls post Vin" is asked and you ignore, you advert online is already almost dead.

I have come across Accidented and Flooded cars on autos, but the seller was brave enough to post vin and not call the intended sale a clean title or misrepresent.

This is 2018, buyers are smarter now, so they will run background checks before they part with their money.

instead of fighting the new movement, go with the new trend and be as transparent as possible.

I don't have a car lot, but I sell more cars offline than on nairaland, simply because of trust.

Build that customer confidence, your life will change for the better.

For those of you that want to stick to the old way of doing things, well the Internet never forgets, people will notice a trend, and you will loose more sales.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by timifakay(m): 6:41am On Apr 27, 2018
Once upon a time, there was no need to go for a pre purchase inspection with a mechanic probably no need for test drive, it became necessary due to dealers' various lies about the vehicle state, now that you dealers have become so professional at handling mechanics/ hiding some problems even from them, more stringent measures have to be put in place, and perhaps you still get ahead of the vin, another safety net will be put in place. Current standard now is :
Step 1: VIN check to know what state vehicle arrived Nigeria
Step 2:Physical inspection with trained eye and test drive to know quality of fix.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by olisaemeka1(m): 6:54am On Apr 27, 2018
Jethrolite:

very wrong my brother if you post a car as accident free it should be accident free ...if there is an issue with it people should know ...I should be be prepared for what I'm going to buy ...don't transfer ur demons to me on the alter of sales and profit ....I do not see anything wrong with it except u have something to hide ....mechanics are also limited in knowledge and most of them cut corners ...

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Jethrolite(m): 7:13am On Apr 27, 2018
olisaemeka1:
very wrong my brother if you post a car as accident free it should be accident free ...if there is an issue with it people should know ...I should be be prepared for what I'm going to buy ...don't transfer ur demons to me on the alter of sales and profit ....I do not see anything wrong with it except u have something to hide ....mechanics are also limited in knowledge and most of them cut corners ...
I didn't say VIN should be hidden from an actual buyer but third party who has no money or interest in the car but needs the VIN simply because they think they are entitled to it. Take your mechanic for inspection, that is the best option.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Jethrolite(m): 7:16am On Apr 27, 2018
waveskaaya:
your so funny...here in America sellers post vins before selling and your there saying sellers shouldn't post vin.tshew
We are in Nigeria, between America and Nigeria things can happen to the car.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Alvin007: 7:32am On Apr 27, 2018
I think the problem here isn’t about posting the vin or not...it is about the condemning comments posted, after some ‘non-intending’ buyers with access to vin reports post, after cross checking the vin reports. If a seller includes a vin number to a vehicle for sale, even if you have full access to vin checks, must you come back to say the vehicle has a ‘salvaged title’?
Why not leave that to a personal convo with the seller(provided you’re a serious buyer).
I believe the seller has been fair enough to have posted the vin. Comments regarding the vin history shouldn’t be posted on the same thread where the car is being advertised.
And for a potential buyer..he can ask a professional for a vin history of the car..if he is interested.
Why do we make things hard for ourselves?

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by jodecibmw: 9:45am On Apr 27, 2018
That is why here in Nigeria we keep having trust issues, but when we Nigerians go online to purchase vehicles from foreign sites you will have access to the following status of car displayed for the public;
1. Pictures of the current state of the vehicle all round including external, internal, engine bay etc.
2. Title of car whether clean, salvaged, flooded, accidental, repossessed, theft etc.
3. The Vin number will always be displayed.
4. Price, for 'buy-now' vehicles. Unless to be sold by bidding to the highest bidder.
5. List of available car features etc.
What we are talking about is simply FULL DISCLOSURE OF VEHICLE that's all.
I really don't know what is so hard in that, unless of course there's something you wanna hide about the vehicle to make profit.
Alvin007:
I think the problem here isn’t about posting the vin or not...it is about the condemning comments posted, after some ‘non-intending’ buyers with access to vin reports, post after cross checking the vin reports. If a buyer includes a vin number to a vehicle for sale, even if you have full access to vin checks, must you come back to say the vehicle has a ‘salvaged title’?
Why not leave that to a personal convo with the seller(provided you’re a serious buyer).
I believe the seller has been fair enough to have posted the vin. Comments regarding the vin history shouldn’t be posted on the same thread where the car is being advertised.
And for a potential buyer..he can ask a professional for a vin history of the car..if he is interested.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Alvin007: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2018
jodecibmw:
That is why here in Nigeria we keep having trust issues, but when we Nigerians go online to purchase vehicles from foreign sites you will have access to the following status of car displayed for the public;
1. Pictures of the current state of the vehicle all round including external, internal, engine bay etc.
2. Title of car whether clean, salvaged, flooded, accidental, repossessed, theft etc.
3. The Vin number will always be displayed.
4. Price, for 'buy-now' vehicles. Unless to be sold by bidding to the highest bidder.
5. List of available car features etc.
What we are talking about is simply FULL DISCLOSURE OF VEHICLE that's all.
I really don't know what is so hard in that, unless of course there's something you wanna hide about the vehicle to make profit.

I totally agree with you...but I think a potential buyer who wants to part with some hard earned cash on a ride..should be ready to make deep enquiries about such vehicle...I totally support sellers including details and vin...but I feel it’s immature to see the ‘negative’ vehicle history and then rub it on the seller’s face, just coz you have access to a vin report, without having genuine intentions of buying the vehicle.
Dealers should post vin and details of the vehicle. But even when they do not give ‘full’ details..if the vin is included, don’t go back to the same advert thread to talk about the report. You either negotiate privately with the seller, telling him about your findings from the vin report, or you move on to the next advert.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by aninweze(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2018
timifakay:
Once upon a time, there was no need to go for a pre purchase inspection with a mechanic probably no need for test drive, it became necessary due to dealers' various lies about the vehicle state, now that you dealers have become so professional at handling mechanics/ hiding some problems even from them, more stringent measures have to be put in place, and perhaps you still get ahead of the vin, another safety net will be put in place. Current standard now is :
Step 1: VIN check to know what state vehicle arrived Nigeria
Step 2:Physical inspection with trained eye and test drive to know quality of fix.

"Professional at handling mechanics!!!" Thank you.

The first car i almost bought was a camry 2.2, engine had an underlying sound which i could hear. Thanks to driving my Dad's training with his abandoned 505, you have to pay attention to how it sounds, inorder to call yaself a serz driiver. My Cousin who is an advancd kazeem swore with all the gods in our village dat he couldnt hear anything. I kept quiet, and walked away, leaving him and d seller there, since he couldn't hear something so obvious.

Not just a competent mechanic is requird, VIN is requird even before you ask seller "how much?".

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 11:11am On Apr 27, 2018
A lot of opinions from a lot of...usernames.

If I came across an advert that should have a VIN, I could ask the seller to make it available. Or If I decided the seller should and would know better than to not have the VIN displayed, I would Further investigate and find the VIN and the vehicle history and make it available right there on the thread.

If a seller does make the VIN available and I run a check and it meets some conditions, Flood history included, you best believe I will be back to that thread.

That a seller chose to make the VIN available would seem to indicate he's being transparent. That is simply not always the case. On multiple occasions a seller displayed the VIN only to remove it after the vehicle was exposed as having a flood title, which makes little sense but was probably a knee-jerk response, probably because they didn't even know the vehicle history.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 11:17am On Apr 27, 2018
I have come across a number of adverts with the VIN displayed and running the VIN revealed a salvage history Of some sort and I simply moved on because the damage was either minimal or the seller even indicated it was damaged but repaired.

I have also done the exact opposite. On a number of threads with the VIN displayed the vehicles turned out to be either flooded or so significantly damaged or a history of odometer rollback.

Son I returned to the thread and made my findings be known.

As far as I'm concerned any seller that chooses not to know the history of the vehicles he/she advertises deserves whatever Ill luck befalls them as a result of their ignorance, whether the VIN is displayed or not.

Do your due diligence, fully disclose and provide the VIN and let the buyers do their own due diligence and make their informed decisions.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 11:24am On Apr 27, 2018
Just to add that in my opinion I think it's silly to suggest that findings, especially when significant, made about a publicly advertised vehicle should be discussed with the advertiser in private.

What happens to the next interested party who's unable to make Those discoveries? We're supposed to just trust and assume that the seller that didn't even disclose the information in the first place would then make the information given to him 'in private' available to a prospective buyer?

But what do I even know sef.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by chccho(m): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2018
valarinz:

The coward ran away with his partner Ipfreely!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by chccho(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2018
Cosplay:

Oga stop speaking English and respond to the allegations levelled against u.
U are trying to form a standard and become a man of high integrity on this thread, how can people even build trust with u if u cant answer to these allegations?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by chccho(m): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2018
aninweze:
Ohh please!!!!

I dont understand how this can be possible? How can u come with your own mechanic from your unknown location to inspect a vehicle with a seller that u havent met b4 and in the short time of vehicle inspection the mechanic is cajoled Bear in mind that the potential buyer must have already made proper arrangements with his mechanic so why will he wanna shoot himself in the foot? Except of course the mechanic is just a quack.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
Cosplay, trust and high integrity cheesy grin

Please disabuse yourself of that notion. I do not expect anyone here to hold a random moniker in high esteem. My work here will speak for itself. Draw your conclusions and form your opinions.

Ignore the unstable fellow and focus on the results of his lack of stability.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by banky3w(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
valarinz:

Since 6th of March? I thought you guys settled your differences long ago Bro. I don't understand why you keep doing this.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by chccho(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
Alvin007:
I think the problem here isn’t about posting the vin or not...it is about the condemning comments posted, after some ‘non-intending’ buyers with access to vin reports post, after cross checking the vin reports. If a seller includes a vin number to a vehicle for sale, even if you have full access to vin checks, must you come back to say the vehicle has a ‘salvaged title’?

This has got to be probably the best and the wisest opinion i have gotten here today.

At the bolded, i honestly ask myself the same question like y do we have to be the source of our own problems?
(There is honestly something wrong with the black man)

My issue with those championing this campaign is that "they seem to be quite sensible but they lack a lot of wisdom" hence their inability to strike a balance.

Like i have always said there is nothing wrong with a potential buyer requesting for the VIN of a vehicle he intends to buy and that should be btw the buyer and the seller but not for some "geek" hiding behind some keyboard condemning and tearing down a sellers post.

Furthermore, we arent selling brand new cars for crying out loud, (at least most of the vehicles advertised here are used/imported vehicles) so thereore why should u expect 100% perfection from a used car that has already travelled 50-100k miles? There definitely will be wear and tear and other underlying issues even from clean titled vehicles.

Finally, let us not forget that this is only a platform for car dealers to "ADVERTISE" and there are no rules and regulations that stipulate that the seller MUST disclose such information. As a matter of fact it is against the rules of Nairaland for anyone to spam,condemn, or destroy orher users posts.

There is a huge difference btw Ebay, copart, & Nairaland or JiJi

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Avalon Just Arrived At My Home Now / Mazda 626 2002 Model Nigeria-used 63k Mileage For Sale! / Brand New 2014 Toyota Avalon Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.