Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! (5048 Views)

Poll: Should He be called up?

Yes: 15% (11 votes)
No: 84% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Emenike, Nsofor, Ameobi Return For Super-Eagles / Fifa Clears Shola Ameobi, Moses To Play For Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by deor03(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2009
Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi could be in line for a shock World Cup call-up - with Nigeria.

Ameobi, 28, has represented England at Under-21 level but is eligible to play for Nigeria after being born and spending the first six years of his life in the African country.

Nigerian FA chiefs have tried to call him up in the past and Ameobi admits he would jump at the chance to represent the country at next summer’s World Cup and the African Nations Cup.

Does he deserve to play for Nigeria?  Is he playing football at the level we want our world cup players to play?

Source : http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-star-Shola-Ameobi-set-for-shock-World-Cup-call-up-article225267.html
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by MrTA(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2009
He can f*** right off.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by timmy(m): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2009
in his wildest dreams, those he think nigeria is a dump ground for rejects? at his peak, he can't even displace any of our current attackers, im sure the same would happen to agbolahan too
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by semid4lyfe(m): 11:12am On Nov 20, 2009
Opportunistic mudafucka! Play ko, work ni. Foolish he-goat.
I don't mind Gabriel Agbonlahor though. The guy (along with Osaze) will add pace to our sedentary style of play and speed up our game.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Jarus(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2009
Even if Ameobi had associated with Nigeria from beginning, he would not have made our team. The same Amoebi that Martins benched in Newscastle, less prolific than Yakubu in EPL. He definitely cannot bench them in the SE. And where do we put IK Uche and Nsofor? Unless we want to go to WC with ten strikers, Amoebi has no shirt in SE.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Kx: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2009
It is possible.
Ameobi could amd might be invited to play for d eagels.In naija anything goes.

Where was John Fash some years ago,
today is he not reaping where he did not sow?
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by bandely(m): 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2009
Kx:

It is possible.
Ameobi could amd might be invited to play for d eagels.In naija anything goes.

Where was John Fash some years ago,
today is he not reaping where he did not sow?

lol! grin grin
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Topest09: 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
Yes let him go.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Katsumoto: 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ameobi should go and sit down somewhere. We should not select him
1. HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND WE HAVE ENOUGH STRIKERS AS IT IS.
2. He played for england under 21 because he thought it was best for his career. Why should we accept someone who is not good enough to play for England? Is Africa a dumping place for africans born abroad who are not good enough to make it playing for France or England?
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by jaybee3(m): 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
How many can claim to have scored a hatrick against the mighty barca?
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by meine: 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
Call up ko, Call up ni

Why is he just showing interest

I cant vouch for Amodu and NFF though!, wf something like 50,000 pounds on the table, anything is possible!!!
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by bandely(m): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
FBS:

Allow the guy to dey yarn dust. Agbonlahor ko, agbonlaka ni.  grin

There is nothing wrong in the guy having the desire - It's his right.
Will he be selected? . . . I think you all know the answer.  cheesy
Agbolaka ke?  shocked shocked  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2009
Lets put it this way,

Yakubu almost 40
Kanu almost well he looks like he was present during the last supper
Uche, God knows
Martins looks he has seen the last 3 eclipse of the sun and the 2nd one was in the 80's

But Amoebi is 28 years pace , heading, holds the ball, and UNSELFISH, remember that we got knocked out by Ghana at the last nations cup by Junior Agogo who is not fit to lace Amoebi's boot
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by lawyer(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
Amoebi ko Amoeba Ni angry

Monkey de work, baboon de chop! He can never reap where he did not sow angry

When we were struggling to play previous qualifiers or struggling to even qualify even in 2006, how many of these Naija Oyinbo players remembered that Nigeria was existing talkless of playing for Nigeria. I remember quite well the British Media will trump up their footballing prowress as the next John Barnes fit to play for England and when their careers begin to take a dip in form and slide continously and there is no hope for them to even make their first 11 for their respective teams , they will now remember that their Great Grand Father has Nigerian parentage in their Blood so that they can use the Super Eagles to revive their ailing Careers by Playing in the World Cup so that they can enjoy their own 15 minutes of Fame playing in the world cup but not dying for Nigeria on the field of play like Osaze will do any time any day.

He should go back to the British FA that promised him, Agbolahan and Carlton Cole that there is hope for them to Bench Rooney. Sorry No room for them in The Super Eagles. Even if we carry 23 half fit Kanu Nwankwos to the world cup and we conceed 30 goals per match, i am still contented that it was the real Nigerian Heroes that died to make us qualify than one Naija Oyinbo somewhere in Vietnam that Suddenly realises his bloodline parentage  and hoping to use the Super Eagles to revive his ailing Career.  angry

1 Like

Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
How many can claim to have scored a hatrick against the mighty barca?

Another against Leverkusen, his carrier was distorted because Newcastle wanted to mould him into the next Shearer,
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by bisiaet: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2009
Well, if he wants to play for Nigeria I think he should be given the opportunity
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by jaybee3(m): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2009
plus he his injury prone.
Does the basic things with minimal fuss. Someone to have in the team definitely.
I can bet ma house that he had score more than uche kalu if given the chance.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
Monkey de work, baboon de chop! He can never reap where he did not sow

When we were struggling to play previous qualifiers or struggling to even qualify even in 2006, how many of these Naija Oyinbo players remembered that Nigeria was existing talkless of playing for Nigeria. I remember quite well the British Media will trump up their footballing prowress as the next John Barnes fit to play for England and when their careers begin to take a dip in form and slide continously and there is no hope for them to even make their first 11 for their respective teams , they will now remember that their Great Grand Father has Nigerian parentage in their Blood so that they can use the Super Eagles to revive their ailing Careers by Playing in the World Cup so that they can enjoy their own 15 minutes of Fame playing in the world cup but not dying for Nigeria on the field of play like Osaze will do any time any day.

He was never considered for England in 2006, he only played for the Under 21 because he wasnt invited by the NFA, Olisadebe wrote to the NFA so many times but he was ignored, but Poland who were desperate for a striker and they Qualified for the first time since 1986,  after a long season you want to rely on player who wont put their heart in it, look at how Shittu fights for every ball compare that to Yobo who looks like he is thinking about when his next wages goes into his account. Chalton Cole issue waited till he was good but I feel sorry for him and Gabby because when the time comes they would be pushed aside
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by milkan05(m): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2009
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by supereagle(m): 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
Posted By Lawyer
Monkey de work, baboon de chop! He can never reap where he did not sow

He should go back to the British FA that promised him, Agbolahan and Carlton Cole that there is hope for them to Bench Rooney. Sorry No room for them in The Super Eagles. Even if we carry 23 half fit Kanu Nwankwos to the world cup and we conceed 30 goals per match, i am still contented that it was the real Nigerian Heroes that died to make us qualify than one Naija Oyinbo somewhere in Vietnam that Suddenly realises his bloodline parentage  and hoping to use the Super Eagles to revive his ailing Career.

Any player that turned his back to his Fatherland during qulifiers shud be left out completely, Osaze is qualified to play for Moscow where he was born, he chose to play for Nigeria, they should be left out completely. They shud not eat where did not bestow labour.  If we qualified without them, we can move ahead without them.
This is the first time I see NL promoting JUSTICE in Supereagles. Amodu shud go to 2010 WC for Justice's sake. Let him eat the fruits of his labour.OVER.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
But Amoebi is 28 years pace , heading, holds the ball,  and UNSELFISH
I no know if na the same football me and you dey watch.

Please do not use pace and Ameobi in the same sentence.
They just do not work well.

@ Topic,
Ameobi can kick rocks.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by MUZBO(m): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
If Shola plays then I deserve to play too. How does a football look like BTW
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by chamotex(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
supereagle:

Posted By Lawyer
Any player that turned his back to his Fatherland during qulifiers shud be left out completely, Osaze is qualified to play for Moscow where he was born, he chose to play for Nigeria, they should be left out completely. They shud not eat where did not bestow labour.  If we qualified without them, we can move ahead without them.
This is the first time I see NL promoting JUSTICE in Supereagles. Amodu shud go to 2010 WC for Justice's sake. Let him eat the fruits of his labour.OVER.

How can one be qualified to play for Moscow?

FBS, abeg lock this thread.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2009
I no know if na the same football me and you dey watch.

Please do not use pace and Ameobi in the same sentence.
They just do not work well.

Amoebi would make Yakubu look like he is walking, and Martins who runs and leave the football behind Only Ozaze has a voice to boast off, this is the main reason why I am praying that "coco the clown gets the bullet" a foreign coach would mean everyone has an equal chance
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by omar22(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
Any player that turned his back to his Fatherland during qulifiers shud be left out completely, Osaze is qualified to play for Moscow where he was born, he chose to play for Nigeria, they should be left out completely. They shud not eat where did not bestow labour. If we qualified without them, we can move ahead without them.

Do you honestly believe that the Russian would allow a coloured player play for them? Look at Zenith St Petersburg!!! they have black players but they are not used when they play at home
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

Amoebi would make Yakubu look like he is walking, and Martins who runs and leave the football behind Only Ozaze has a voice to boast off, this is the main reason why I am praying that "coco the clown gets the bullet" a foreign coach would mean everyone has an equal chance
Just because you are fond of Ameobi and Osaze does not mean they are good enough to make the team to the world cup.
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by FBS: 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2009
chamotex:

How can one be qualified to play for Moscow?

FBS, abeg lock this thread.
  grin   grin  grin LOLLLLLLLL

Chamo, leave the guy alone abeg. This thread is on the HomePage.  cheesy
NL never disappoints!  grin  grin  grin
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by blapo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
Gbagbe iyen as Godwin will say Ameobi ko Alan Shearer ni, but NFF can't be predicted.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by sleak(m): 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ameobi must play at the world cup for the Super Eagles in 2022 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! by Ibime(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ameobi is good at holding the ball up with his back to goal. . . . within a team setting, his presence may actually be beneficial to the Super Eagles.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Real Madrid ( Guiness International Cup Final) Aug 8 2013(2AM GMT+) / Checkout The Five Highest Paid Players In The NPFL / Photos: Reasons Why You Cant Hate Soccer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.