Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,806 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola (959 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup / Martins Quits Nation Cup Team :o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by topeorekoy(m): 8:37am On Nov 20, 2009
with the nation's cup just around the corner. these are the 16 teams that are participating in the nation's cup

Angola
Nigeria
tunisia
Egypt
Algeria
Ivory coast
ghana
mozambique
gabon
mali
burkina faso
malawi
togo
benin
zambia
cameroun

based on previous outing, nigeria was not seeded
the seeded teams are

angola- host
cameroun
ivory coast
egypt

who wins?
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by AKO1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
Angola 2010 Official Group Draw Results

GROUP A

Angola
Mali
Malawi
Algeria

GROUP B (Deemed the group of death)

Cote d'Ivoire
Burkina Faso
Ghana
Togo

GROUP C

Egypt
Nigeria
Mozambique
Benin

GROUP D

Cameroon
Gabon
Zambia
Tunisia

Current Source= Supersport, online source coming soon.
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by honeric01(m): 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
A_K_O:

GROUP C

Egypt
Nigeria
Mozambique
Benin

Wow, well i think this is going to be interesting, once we can beat Egypt and Benin, We might help Mozambique (payback time) grin
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by toosoon(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
A_K_O:

GROUP A

Angola
Mali
Malawi
Algeria

GROUP B (Deemed the group of death)

Cote d'Ivoire
Burkina Faso
Ghana
Togo

GROUP C

Egypt
Nigeria
Mozambique
Benin

GROUP D

Cameroon
Gabon
Zambia
Tunisia

Current Source= Supersport, online source coming soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_African_Cup_of_Nations#Group_stage
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by supereagle(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
The 2010 African Cup of Nations draw is taking place in Angola.

Group A: Angola, Mali, Algeria, Malawi.

Group B: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Burkina Faso.

Group C: Egypt, Nigeria, Benin, Mozambique.

Group D: Cameroon, Tunisia, Zambia, Gabon.

Angola versus Mali will be the opening game of the tournament.

Group A will be based in Luanda, Group B will be in Cabinda in the north of the country, Group C will play in Benguela, and Group D will be based in Lubango.

Egypt versus Nigeria is Group C's opening game on January 12th in Benguela.

Nigeria's coach Shaibu Amodou was present at the draw and said that on paper Nigeria should emerge from Group B, but he added a word of caution.

"There are no small teams in football any more" he said.

Nigeria's former captain Sunday Oliseh described Nigeria's group as a "delicate" one.

"Mozambique gave us a lot of hassle during qualifying" he said.

Oliseh also thanked Mozambique for helping Nigeria qualify for the World Cup.

They scored a lone goal against Tunisia in the final qualifying game which helped to put Nigeria through to South Africa 2010.

Mozambique's most capped player and record goal scorer Tico-Tico said he thought it was a tough draw for his side.

"We'll just have to compete and see what happens" he said.

"Egypt are the champions of Africa so that won't be easy but if we believe in ourselves maybe we can spring some surprises," he says.

"Nigeria and Egypt would seem the obvious teams to qualify but anything can happen" he said.

Former Angolan football legend Akwa said he thought all the groups looked difficult.

"It's not just Algeria and Angola that could go through, Mali have a good national team and they can give us a lot of problems" he said.

However, when asked how far Angola can go, he said "I believe we can reach the final".

Group B is being touted as the group of death with the prospect of Ghana and Ivory Coast renewing their rivalry.

However history favours Ghana as they've met seven times and the Ivorians have won just one of those encounters.
Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8371069.stm
Nigeria should help Mozabique move to next stage. It must be a pay back time. ''Rob my back, I Rob your back.'' Our Boys should step up their games if they wish to go far.
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by Sagamite(m): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
honeric01:

Wow, well i think this is going to be interesting, once we can beat Egypt and Benin, We might help Mozambique (payback time) grin

I like dat! grin grin grin
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by Emperoh(m): 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sagamite:

That means it wasn't Amodu that qualified us for the World Cup
It was luck!! grin grin grin grin grin
I think we got a fair paring. . . and i don't think the issue of rob my back i rob yours applies here
Mozambique wanted to be here and they fought and got it. It was mere coincidence that that result favoured us
As for here, if u no play well, you walk big time!!

I look forward to this tournament!!
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by honeric01(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sagamite:

grin grin grin
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by Sagamite(m): 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
Emperoh:

That means it wasn't Amodu that qualified us for the World Cup
It was luck!! grin grin grin grin grin
I think we got a fair paring. . . and i don't think the issue of rob my back i rob yours applies here
Mozambique wanted to be here and they fought and got it. It was mere coincidence that that result favoured us
As for here, if u no play well, you walk big time!!

I look forward to this tournament!!

I think all the groups look tough bar Group D.

African football is no more for small boys. The gap of quality between teams has narrowed significantly from the 90s.
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by kaypumpin2(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sagamite:

I think all the groups look tough bar Group D.

African football is no more for small boys. The gap of quality between teams has narrowed significantly from the 90s.

A group that has Tunisia,Gabon and Cameroon is no child's play mate.

I do not like the fact that some teams that faced each other during qualifiers are having a go at each other again in the tourney proper i.e Gabon vs Cameroon and Moz vs Nigeria.

Our chances?The only predictable thing about Nigeria is their unpredictability.We are as good as we are on the day,so fingers crossed.
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by Sagamite(m): 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2009
kay_pumpin:

A group that has Tunisia,Gabon and Cameroon is no child's play mate.

I do not like the fact that some teams that faced each other during qualifiers are having a go at each other again in the tourney proper i.e Gabon vs Cameroon and Moz vs Nigeria.

Our chances?The only predictable thing about Nigeria is their unpredictability.We are as good as we are on the day,so fingers crossed.

They have to!

3 teams qualify from the qualifiying groups and there is only 4 ANC groups, no matter how you arrange it, it will happen.
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by kaypumpin2(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sagamite:

They have to!

3 teams qualify from the qualifiying groups and there is only 4 ANC groups, no matter how you arrange it, it will happen.

Seen wink
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by honeric01(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
Tipping Algeria for the final cheesy
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by Emperoh(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2009
Saga
There is no easy group. . at least, all the groups has three teams that have the possibility to qualify extremely well

A: Angola as host are sure to, Mali are never push overs, trust Keshi to bring up something and Algeria? not with what they gave Egypt.

B: Ghana CIV, Togo, .its even worse here cause the four teams are all WA neighbours

C: Nigeria, very erratic but possible qualifiers, Egypt, terrific North African side and will still sound out their dominance of this tournament; Mozambique will surely give us and all others another round of headache. . .i hope we can sort out team issues prior to this tournament.

D: About the toughest cos its made up of acclaimed 'minnows' Tunisia is sure to come thru. I hope we don't meet them in the Quarters, Cameroon too we just can't avoid the two of them can we? Something must happen. . . then who is forgetting how Gabon nearly messed Cameroun up to go to SA.

So if you lok at it this way , i think it makes for a very interesting showing at the tournament. . . . its a season football and i am loving it!!
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by harmeenut: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2009
This is a draw of similar foes

Group B (Cabinda): Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Togo.
- GROUP OF DEATH
Group D (Lubango): Cameroon, Gabon, Zambia, Tunisia.
- CAMEROON & GABON - UNFINISHED BIZNESS

Looking forward to the game
Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by harmeenut: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
In football as they say, anything is possible. But in all there is no harm in prediction. So go through this & predict the possible winner. If this thread is not removed, it shall serve as reference for correct prediction.
[img][/img]

Re: Nation's Cup 2010 In Angola by harmeenut: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
In football as they say, anything is possible. But in all there is no harm in prediction. So go through this & predict the possible winner. If this thread is not removed, it shall serve as reference for correct prediction.

[img][/img]

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Should Be Banned By Fifa-government's Interference / Who Are The Favourites For The 2010 Fifa Ballon D'or? / Delhi 2010: Nigeria's Wins Another Gold Medal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.