Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Honda Accord "Bullet" Owners & Previous Users, Please Come In - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord "Bullet" Owners & Previous Users, Please Come In (1248 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) / My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord "Bullet" Owners & Previous Users, Please Come In by temmym4(m): 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hello, please i need an urgent and sincere response from you as an Honda accord 93 - 97 european model car user popularly called bullet here in Naija.

Am actually looking at buying a fairly used one. neat and ok enginewise but am getting discouraged by people around about the usual "LEG PULL" Honda issue.
Though i have another opportunity to get a fairly used nissan Primera p11 as well but since i have driven the Nissan almera of the same year for a while previously, i felt i should try something different.
I will want something maintenance friendly and at the same time, reliable.
My question is...

1. How often does this leg pull (lower ball joint issue) happens? does it cost a whole lot to repair? With the way people refer to it, I keep wondering if you repair it today, it happens again tommorow.

2. How reliable and rugged is this accord model? It will be used mostly in the city and probably travelling during the weekend (road isn't so smooth of course, it s got much gallops)

3. In terms of maintenance, what does it cost averagely monthly to put it in shape (in your own view)

I will like to know your general view on it, is it worth buying or should i rather go for Nissan once again?

Looking forward to your honest response. Thank you.
Re: Honda Accord "Bullet" Owners & Previous Users, Please Come In by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
Go for honda Accord (allah) Stronger dan Bullet in terms of leg pulling off and it all depends on maintenance. Alla is a very strong and rrliable honda models. See my signature.
Re: Honda Accord "Bullet" Owners & Previous Users, Please Come In by Alvin007: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
Honda 'halla' and 'academy/bulldog'...are both more durable than the Honda 'bullet'. But, if u have a flare for the bullet...then go for it...parts are easy to come by and very cheap...concerning the ball joint issue...check the lower(front) ball joints regularly...let's say once in three months...ball joints cost #1,200-1,500 each..before recession/change period grin Enjoy
Re: Honda Accord "Bullet" Owners & Previous Users, Please Come In by daveemuobo(m): 2:33am On Jan 03, 2017
Op @ temmym4, i used the bullet for 3yrs plus as a student. It never pulled its "legs" one day. The key is maintenance with original spare parts once you hear the sound.I did mine approx every 8months

The car is still functional till today, and also the most fuel efficient and spare parts friendly car I've ever used.

Its just parked in my parents compound used as spare car.i bought it without the AC but fixed it and it still chills more than any car I've ever entered.mind you, it was even converted from rhd but was just too perfect.

If not for status symbol ish,I'd still be using the car sef..too good

(1) (Reply)

This New Luxury Train In Japan Is Simply Amazing (photos) / Advice On The Best Transmission Oil To Use For A Sienna 2002 Model / Benefits Of Tramigo Car Trackers For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.