Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

How To Make Dollars In Nigeria In 2017 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Dollars In Nigeria In 2017 (1004 Views)

Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 / CBN To Sell Dollars In Special Auction To Clear Backlogs / Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Dollars In Nigeria In 2017 by ogedanny: 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
If you are looking for a guide on how to make dollars in Nigeria, here is my unbias analysis of reasons you should do that now and my 3 tips to get started.

You will agree with me that Nigerians are currently experiencing a hard time as prices of almost everything have gone beyond the roof with no assurance that it will reverse anytime soon.

As SaharaReporters puts it "Nigeria's economy is in crisis. The naira has fallen over 50% in the last year alone. Oil revenues, the mainstay of Nigeria’s foreign earnings are at their lowest in the last two decades."

An ordinary man who is earning N100,000 monthly can't maintain the standard of living he enjoyed 5-7 years back or even have at least N20,000 to save in a bank account for future planning. No thanks, to the inflation rate reported to have touched an all-time high of 18%.

Let's do a simple calculation:

As at when I wrote this article, you could buy a bag of rice for N20,000 against N10,000 price level between 2010-2013, a surge by 100% caused by rising importation cost.

For someone earning N100,000 within those periods, that means, one could be left with N90,000 for other personal or household expenses. But now what happens? that net income has reduced by 11% to N80,000.

Hold on a bit! let's extend our bag of rice to other expenses like daily transport to work, shopping, etc, what do you think will be left after incurring all these expenses? absolutely nothing.

The Big Question?

Will this trend continue? Going by past trend, prices are not showing any sign of reversal as evident in the US/NGN exchange rate.

Source: http://makingmoneynigeria.com/how-to-make-dollars-in-nigeria-online-3-tips//

(1) (Reply)

YET To Join MMM Or You Want To Put More Money In MMM Pleas Read This!!! / Advice Needed On Acquiring POS Machine / Please How Do I Request For Payoneer Card After Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.