Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria (18064 Views)

Pound Falls As Lawmakers Challenge May’s Brexit Deal Before Crucial Vote / CBN To Sell Dollars In Special Auction To Clear Backlogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by spinna: 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
Before the dollar was usually a 100 naira behind the pound. Today pound is 605 so the dollar would usually be 505 butthe dollar is 485..i think its the recent clampdown on bdcs
Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2016
grin grin grin grin

My brother, Nigeria no longer subscribes to the international laws of physics, economics and politics.
We are left with just each other, God and our leaders.

148 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by RentALodge: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2016
LOL. It's because the Nigerian government made it that way.

Anytime the government talks about Forex, it's almost always referring to dollars, at least in action. In order to force a favourable exchange rate for the Naira, the Nigerian government commenced a clampdown on money changers, called Bureau De Change operators, and ordered for the price of dollar to come down. They neglected to do that for pounds.

Dozens of money changers have since this clampdown been arrested by officials of the State Security Service, SSS, in Lagos and Abuja.

This is something great about the free market system, it is difficult for you to cheat it. The communist mindset of the present government fails to realize that.

You cannot force the dollar to come down and make it available. It's not possible. You either free float it and make the forces of demand and supply to balance out, or force it to come down and make it scarce. Businesses are in business because they want to make money, not because they want to do charity.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by nony43(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2016
Ask Vuhari

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by sucreblazing(m): 7:01am On Dec 14, 2016
because there are more nigerian in the U.S than uk...smiles

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by buharimustlive: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2016
BUHARI is the cause..

That Fulani herdsman is the dullest president in the world....

See what he did to our Nigeria economy he destroyed, killed and buried it.

GEJ please come back.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by eleojo23: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2016
I don't know...maybe the gods must be responsible. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by doctorofgirls(m): 7:02am On Dec 14, 2016
They use black magic on us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by casttlebarbz(m): 7:03am On Dec 14, 2016
mmm

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by doctorofgirls(m): 7:03am On Dec 14, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by tbanj07(m): 7:03am On Dec 14, 2016
black magic repete mo n se dada mo n se jeje ooo!!!

doctorofgirls:
They use black magic on us

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 14, 2016
I always tell my friends that I would not hesitate to leave this stupid ass country if the opportunity presents itself, even if I am in final year. l will still take off.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by papauju(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2016
Intreasting
Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by TopsyKrete: 7:04am On Dec 14, 2016
na d will of D cause am
Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by dhardline(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2016
undecided. Am surprised Buhari is still in power.

The senate of a sane country would have impeached this man already. Just look at the level of suffering the masses are facing. It's Dec, Christmas is less than 2weeks from now but it looks like we are in May.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by jyomite(m): 7:05am On Dec 14, 2016
I can shout
Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2016
eddd:
In this period of economic downturn, there's no denying the fact that life has become very harsh and almost unbearable for the majority. But another truth we must accept is the fact that few are still thriving financially in the midst of this harsh economic weather. Why is this? I believe you know the answer already.
There are so many people today with their sight set on big financial goals for their future. More specifically, there are many individuals today who are looking for ways to become a millionaire. In fact there is no end to the different types of approaches and suggestions out there. But unfortunately, majority do not consider the trend in making decision on choosing their approach to building wealth. They seem to have forgotten that in every time and age, people who have become very successful are those that have carefully ride on the tide of trend .
Crypto-Currency (bitcoin) also known as e-currency is fast becoming the trend in the world today.
I strongly advice that you throw away every form of insinuation and open your mind to learn exactly how this works and how you can take advantage of this trend.

BITCOINS

What is Bitcoin? If you have been on the internet, chances are that you must have heard about bitcoin even though it is just the name. However I'll explain briefly what the craze about bitcoins is about.
Bitcoin is an e-currency or digital currency which was created in 2009 by a man named Satoshi Nakamoto and is currently being termed as the most important invention of mankind after the internet.
Bitcoin is one of the reigning and most expensive digital currencies in the world today, known as crypto currency. Presently more than 750,000 companies online uses BITCOIN for their transactions. Its getting more accepted, popular and stronger than the normal paper currency we are used to such as the dollar, pounds, naira etc.

1 bitcoin equals to $760 as at today and financial analysts have speculated that it might get to $1,000 before the end of this year.

For training on how to invest in bitcoins and make good dividends, join the Bitcoin Gold Classic investors.

For more details reach me via this number: 08164058477 or through email on okhamafea@gmail.com

I strongly advice that you throw away every form of insinuation and open your mind to learn exactly how this works and how you can take advantage of this trend.

Note: training will cost you nothing

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by porshuch: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2016
Because buhari is a failure

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Atiku2019: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

My brother Nigeria no longer subscribes to the international laws of physics, economics and politics.

grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by googlepikins: 7:07am On Dec 14, 2016
doctorofgirls:
na wa
you sef

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2016
Well, I think it has more to do with a balance of trade and basic economic principles.
The pounds even sounds more sexy than the greenback, true.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by OBAGADAFFI: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2016
eddd:
In this period of economic downturn, there's no denying the fact that life has become very harsh and almost unbearable for the majority. But another truth we must accept is the fact that few are still thriving financially in the midst of this harsh economic weather. Why is this? I believe you know the answer already.

Read rule 16 before posting.

People are still crying about MMM you're are here talking about Bitcoin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Adekorya: 7:10am On Dec 14, 2016
The handler of EFCC official twitter account is a big clown grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Ayoswit(f): 7:11am On Dec 14, 2016
k
Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by rawtouch: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2016
ok
Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Firefire(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

My brother Nigeria no longer subscribes to the international laws of physics, economics and politics.

Due largely to Buharynomics.

- I will make 1$ = 1#
- I will stabilize the world crude oil price
- I don't know the meaning of Naira devaluation, I need the Economists to come and explain to me..

In the 21st century, Buhary is not fit to rule.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by Coolcash1: 7:13am On Dec 14, 2016
It's due to the law of demand and supply. The supply channel for pounds is very limited unlike dollar while the demand side continues to grow. Hence accounts for the spiral in exchange rate.
Re: Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria by funstufz: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2016
Pls info me on: nushyte@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks
[quote author=eddd post=51907639]In this period of economic downturn, there's no denying the fact that life has become very harsh and almost unbearable for the majority. But another truth we must accept is the fact that few are still thriving financially in the midst of this harsh economic weather. Why is this? I believe you know the answer already.
There are so many people today with their sight set on big financial goals for their future. More specifically, there are many individuals today who are looking for ways to become a millionaire. In fact there is no end to the different types of approaches and suggestions out there. But unfortunately, majority do not consider the trend in making decision on choosing their approach to building wealth. They seem to have forgotten that in every time and age, people who have become very successful are those that have carefully ride on the tide of trend .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Send My Birthday Wishes Or Close My Account, Man Threaten His Bank (video) / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? / Jim Ovia: "My Lagos Success Story" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.