Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol (1099 Views)

Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / Lanre Teriba Blasts Daddy Freeze, Backs Pastor Ashimolowo On Tithing / "If You Sleep With Me, You Sleep With A Snake" - Lady At TB Joshua's Church Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2017
The attention of Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo and KICC has been drawn to publication in the media with the headline: “Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo loses $5million to Ponzi Scheme.”

“We wish to state that the headline was unfortunate and misleading and has caused damage to the reputation of Pastor Ashimolowo. The sensational headline suggests that Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo lost $5million when INFACT HE DID NOT and did not make the decision to invest.

“Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo is the Senior Pastor of KICC and not her trustee and has never been a trustee of KICC.

“As you are aware from the Charities Commission’s report, the decision to invest was solely that of the U.K trustees without any involvement of Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo. Importantly as the report states, it is the trustees who have the responsibility for investing Charity Funds and NOT PASTOR MATTHEW ASHIMOLOWO.

“The investment referred to were made by former trustees on behalf of the Charity over SEVEN AND HALF YEARS AGO. They believed they were acting in the best interest of the Charity and they did not and have not benefited personally.

“Their actions were totally independent and were not influenced in any way by Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo.

“Now that we have appraised the publisher(s) and author(s) of the report of these facts, we strongly encourage you to set the record straight by publishing this rejoinder immediately.

“KICC is a Charity whose main aim is to advance the Christian religion in the U.K. and around the world as well as provide local communities with a great deal of counseling and support, including educational, bereavement and prayer support.

“Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo preaches around the world on behalf of KICC, spreading the word, touching lives both home and abroad, raising Champions and the profile of KICC.”

Thank you.

Signed:

DIPO OLUYOMI –
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, JAMES McGLASHAN –
CHIEF OPERATING OFFFICER, For KICC.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/219364-pastor-ashimolowo-explains-5million-fraud-hits-church-says-hes-not-involved.html
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2017
v
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 01, 2017
the aunty versatile in uk charity and tax laws come and see o @ephi123
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 01, 2017
Mmm is a gamble scheme which the Bible frown against.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by ephi123(f): 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2017
prettyboi1989:
the aunty versatile in uk charity and tax laws come and see o @ephi123

Bros, the question is WHO appointed the trustees? You don't understand how "this game" is played.
I've given my POV, you don't have to agree with it though.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
ephi123:

Bros, the question is WHO appointed the trustees? You don't understand how "this game" is played.
I've given my POV, you don't have to agree with it though.
he appointed the trustees agreed. my stance then and now was that they didnt take his permission b4 the investment. it has also been clearly stated that the pastor was not involved.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by ephi123(f): 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
prettyboi1989:

he appointed the trustees agreed. my stance then and now was that they didnt take his permission b4 the investment. it has also been clearly stated that the pastor was not involved.

I'm sorry but it's very naive If you believe he wasn't in the know at all when HIS CHURCH'S money of such magnitude was being invested. He didn't make the "formal decision" because by law he couldn't but he certainly gave it the nod.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
ephi123:

I'm sorry but it's very naive If you believe he wasn't in the know at all when HIS CHURCH'S money of such magnitude was being invested. He didn't make the "formal decision" because by law he couldn't but he certainly gave it the nod.
which do u believe more? ur sentiments backed by zero facts or the fact that the pastor clearly stated he wasnt involved. or do u just derive pleasure in castigatin pastors.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains $5million Fraud That Hits Church, Says He’s Not Invol by ephi123(f): 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
prettyboi1989:

which do u believe more? ur sentiments backed by zero facts or the fact that the pastor clearly stated he wasnt involved. or do u just derive pleasure in castigatin pastors.

I have once attended a seminar where he himself recommended setting up trusts for tax reasons, that is why I know there is no way he wouldn't have been in the know, it is his church and he keeps a tight rein over the finances, trust me.

This is not about castigating pastors, no.

(1) (Reply)

Truth About MIDNIGHT Prayers / Some Questions For CATHOLICS / Pastor Chris Prays Against Those Behind Violence In Our Country [Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.