Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Brain Teaser - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Brain Teaser (1299 Views)

Brain-drain: Nigeria Loses 35,000 Doctors In 20 Years / Nigeria’s Ongoing Middle-class Brain Drain Is Costing It Two Generations. / If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brain Teaser by CaptainRahl(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
Landing or Take-off?... Why?... grin

Cc:
RDV, Boeing777pilot, Ivy4u, Olisa4all, Captwahala, Jude33084, Sugah, Naruto02, Okikiosibodu, CFCman, Explorers

Re: Brain Teaser by Lh19(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
CaptainRahl:
Landing or Take-off?

It's landing cuz of the smoke from the front tyres and when landing it's the front tyres that first touch the road.

P.s : na guess work oo wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by Explorers(m): 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
CaptainRahl:
Landing or Take-off?... grin

Cc:
RDV
Boeing777pilot
Ivy4u
Olisa4all
Captwahala
Jude33084
Sugah
Naruto02
Okikiosibodu
CFCman
Explorers

Landing.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by ichommy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Landing, Did you observe the smoke?

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by kingreign(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
CaptainRahl:

Cc:
RDV
Boeing777pilot
Ivy4u
Olisa4all
Captwahala
Jude33084
Sugah
Naruto02
Okikiosibodu
CFCman
Explorers

Landing. See the tyre burnt rubber smoke, also, the landing gear in front seem stationary while the rear is blurred due to speed of rotation at landing.
Re: Brain Teaser by paschal47(m): 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
CaptainRahl:

Cc:
RDV
Boeing777pilot
Ivy4u
Olisa4all
Captwahala
Jude33084
Sugah
Naruto02
Okikiosibodu
CFCman
Explorers
Landing of course

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
Landing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by CaptainRahl(m): 5:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
Why?... cheesy

Cc:
CFCman, Pascual47, Explorers
Re: Brain Teaser by naruto02(m): 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
CaptainRahl:

Cc:
RDV, Boeing777pilot, Ivy4u, Olisa4all, Captwahala, Jude33084, Sugah, Naruto02, Okikiosibodu, CFCman, Explorers
landing i think.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by sugah: 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
This is not my turf but I'd go out on a limb and say its taking off.
The angle on the leading gear looks high like its rotating.
Re: Brain Teaser by okikiosibodu(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
CaptainRahl:

Cc:
Ans- Landing.
Why-Evidence is the smoke generated as a result of the friction between rubber tire and the runway's asphalt.
But it's realy great to have this image of a Tandem Landing gear. I have never seen one real life (only google), so this complex system of wheels is quite "one kind". The "puzzle" would have been more difficult to decipher if the wheels were a little above the runway, 'cause the smoke that gave me the clue, would be absent.
The angle of inclination of the anterior wheels of the Tandem Landing gear, is too steep for the position (angle of inclination) of the airplane's fuselage. Thanks for the challenge though, I won't mind more of it... grin
@Sugah- I double sight you, how is baby doing ma?
Re: Brain Teaser by okikiosibodu(m): 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
Lh19:

It's landing cuz of the smoke from the front tyres and when landing it's the front tyres that first touch the road.

P.s : na guess work oo wink wink wink
Hmmmmmnn, I quite disagree. I have not had a flight in a real aircraft yet and I have not been opportuned to observe landing airplane's at close views, but a simulator I play on my phone regularly (Warplane Simulator) gives me a clue that when you approach the runway with little or no power on your throttle, with your flaps (brake system) applied and your landing gear deployed but with sufficient thrust to keep the airplane suspended and your yoke pulled upwards (to raise raise nose of the plane), the plane descends gradually with the rear wheels hitting the asphalt first, before the front wheels gradually drops, and that gives a better chance of safe landing unlike the front wheels hitting the asphalt first... Depending on the manner/ angle of approach, the airplane could lose balance when landing.
Another factor to consider is that the angle of descent might be too steep if the front wheels is to land first, and it increases the chances of a crash, and I feel the apparent weight of the aircraft upon its contact on the runway with its front wheels first, is quite unsafe (there is a reason we have more wheels at the rear of an aircraft than its fronts, especially in a Tandem landing system).
Take note of the images below. One landed with it rear wheels first, and had good grip on the runway. The other landed with the frnt wheels first and was skewed to a side (left side), making landing quite unsafe. It didn't crash it though, the plane was stabilized with my "flying experience ". But I can imagine what will be in the mind of the passengers in the bumpy ride grin

Re: Brain Teaser by Lh19(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
okikiosibodu:

Hmmmmmnn, I quite disagree. I have not had a flight in a real aircraft yet and I have not been opportuned to observe landing airplane's at close views, but a simulator I play on my phone regularly (Warplane Simulator) gives me a clue that when you approach the runway with little or no power on your throttle, with your flaps (brake system) applied and your landing gear deployed but with sufficient thrust to keep the airplane suspended and your yoke pulled upwards (to raise raise nose of the plane), the plane descends gradually with the rear wheels hitting the asphalt first, before the front wheels gradually drops, and that gives a better chance of safe landing unlike the front wheels hitting the asphalt first... Depending on the manner/ angle of approach, the airplane could lose balance when landing.
Another factor to consider is that the angle of descent might be too steep if the front wheels is to land first, and it increases the chances of a crash, and I feel the apparent weight of the aircraft upon its contact on the runway with its front wheels first, is quite unsafe (there is a reason we have more wheels at the rear of an aircraft than its fronts, especially in a Tandem landing system).
Take note of the images below. One landed with it rear wheels first, and had good grip on the runway. The other landed with the frnt wheels first and was skewed to a side (left side), making landing quite unsafe. It didn't crash it though, the plane was stabilized with my "flying experience ". But I can imagine what will be in the mind of the passengers in the bumpy ride grin

You could be right cuz I just assumed how it could land not that I'm really sure.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by Olisa4all: 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
Landing.... cry

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by Olisa4all: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2017
okikiosibodu:

Why is your speed in km/h tho?
Re: Brain Teaser by CaptainRahl(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Did anyone noticed the stationary wheels?
Re: Brain Teaser by sugah: 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
CaptainRahl:
Did anyone noticed the stationary wheels?
So which is it?

There's a lot of contradictory views on the said pix. Cos without a view of the flaps one cannot conclusively say why phase of flight its on.
But most were of the opinion it was carrying out a go-around hence a take off

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by okikiosibodu(m): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Olisa4all:

Why is your speed in km/h tho?
Lol. No be me write the game. Perhaps the writer(s) wanted to save the the curiosity of converting km/hr to knots grin
I try with my analysis?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Statue Of A Drummer @ Customs/Dangote, Ebute Road, Ikorodu. / Please I Need The Direction From Yaba To Bogije, Lekki / Major Accident In Eket Atabong. One Dead. Graphics Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.