Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) (14871 Views)

Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) / Very Rewarding F.M.C.G Distributorship Opportuniies (Lagos Only) / Distributors Wanted Nationwide For Go-clean F.M.C.G Brand Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
Today, I had to travel to Okigwe, precisely Uturu to meet a potential customer who was introduced to me by her sister who is already my customer in here in Port Harcourt. The lady is a major distributor for UAC foods and other F.M.C.G products. She is interested in buying Chin-chin from me and insists on seeing me in person. So, I had to travel all the way to Okigwe for 'Her Royal Majesty'. She really brought to life the maxim 'the customer is king'.

Before departing Port Harcourt, I had asked her of how many bags she would like me to come along with and I she insisted that she had seen the product already and would just like me to come in person so that we can discuss about a major distributorship possibility.

I was wondering why she couldn't just to it on the phone but then I buried my ego and went through the rough trip to see this Madam.

I am in the bus now and after a rigorous trip through the ever exciting Aba and sleepy Umuahia junction I was dropped at the Okigwe junction. I hope this woman will justify this discomfort is what is going on in my head at the moment.

I will update everyone later today on what transpired.

I really hope it will be good even though I am having some premonition with goose pimples all over.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 3:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
So I arrived H.E Shop and there she was as cold as codfish.

After introducing myself to her and explaining my mission she just looks at me as if I am something the cat just dragged in.

She indicates again coldly that I sit on a chair just by her. And I do just that.
She takes her time dealing with customers first and then starts counting her money and wrapping them in elastic bands. This she does quite noisily and without any recourse to me. I cough, I sneeze and make other sounds just to remind her of my presence, for where. The lady will not budge. Finally she asks me about the chin-chin and after doing a very detailed verbal description of the product and marketing strategy, she then asks me what my role in the company is? I then tell her that I am a Distributor based in Port Harcourt but that I could supply her if we agreed. Her questions and her facial expression when I provide answers was already enough indication for me that I was up an alley. Nothing was going to come out from here. One of the most humiliating episodes I have ever had since selling this product. Questions like; what makes me consider myself a distributor, do I know what it means to be a distributor, Distributors can only be labelled as such if they are recognized by so, so and so company adding for effect that it is the frustration of the berserk economy that is bringing young people into trading and who have the audacity to describe themselves as distributors.

At this point I say a mental prayer for patience. I needed to get out fast.

Anyway, she goes on and on and on and finally she asks me how much she can give me as transportation back to Port Harcourt since she wasn't willing to buy and at any rate she would only buy from an established company and then through their staff and not some supposed distributor who was probably still job seeking on the side. I had had enough and was going to give it back to her. But then I events changed in my favour surprisingly. Just as about to spew the venom that had accumulated another trader apparently from a neighbouring shop walked into her shop and in one glance noticed the products that I had displayed on the desk for her. He practically screamed in surprise asking if she had secured the distributorship for the product already and that he had been trying to get it for over six months but they kept referring him to a certain lady in Port Harcourt or another gentleman in Aba.

The discomfort radiating from Her Excellency was palpable. And I did not disappoint. I just gathered while she just looked at me in shock. Then she blurted out 'how much is the distributorship?'' to which I responded 3 Million Naira and she asked if I could recommend her and I told her that is what brought me from Port Harcourt in the first place but I wasnt going to recommend her again after what transpired between us.
Greed and selfishness walk hand in hand. I made to leave and she blocked me begging me initially and then threatening me with all sorts including the fact that I couldnt sell in her market and after all she could buy direct from the company. I just asked her to suit herself and walked out heading to the Okada ramp by the market entrance. She has called me over fifty times since then and has called my national Sales manager repeatedly and that one is on my side and has told her that only I can install her as a Distributor in that market.

3 Likes

Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by BlongTrendies(f): 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
Some people with this attitude think the world revolve around them.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by much30: 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
@karin001, i have not been added to the whatsapp group. Good evening.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
Please send me your details again.

My apologies.

much30:
@karin001, i have not been added to the whatsapp group. Good evening.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by much30: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
Karin001:
Please send me your details again.

My apologies.

good afternoon, i have sent it to ur e-mail. my phone number is 08067553843 for the whatsapp
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by egheneezekielsu: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
Do you need a website for your business or a website of anykind contact me via 08037205687 on phone call or whatsapp
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2017
Please confirm that you have been added.

much30:
good afternoon, i have sent it to ur e-mail. my phone number is 08067553843 for the whatsapp
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by much30: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
Karin001:
Please confirm that you have been added.
no, have not seen any chat group
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by xprimate(m): 12:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Karin001:
So I arrived H.E Shop and there she was as cold as codfish.

After introducing myself to her and explaining my mission she just looks at me as if I am something the cat just dragged in.

She indicates again coldly that I sit on a chair just by her. And I do just that.
She takes her time dealing with customers first and then starts counting her money and wrapping them in elastic bands. This she does quite noisily and without any recourse to me. I cough, I sneeze and make other sounds just to remind her of my presence, for where. The lady will not budge. Finally she asks me about the chin-chin and after doing a very detailed verbal description of the product and marketing strategy, she then asks me what my role in the company is? I then tell her that I am a Distributor based in Port Harcourt but that I could supply her if we agreed. Her questions and her facial expression when I provide answers was already enough indication for me that I was up an alley. Nothing was going to come out from here. One of the most humiliating episodes I have ever had since selling this product. Questions like; what makes me consider myself a distributor, do I know what it means to be a distributor, Distributors can only be labelled as such if they are recognized by so, so and so company adding for effect that it is the frustration of the berserk economy that is bringing young people into trading and who have the audacity to describe themselves as distributors.

At this point I say a mental prayer for patience. I needed to get out fast.

Anyway, she goes on and on and on and finally she asks me how much she can give me as transportation back to Port Harcourt since she wasn't willing to buy and at any rate she would only buy from an established company and then through their staff and not some supposed distributor who was probably still job seeking on the side. I had had enough and was going to give it back to her. But then I events changed in my favour surprisingly. Just as about to spew the venom that had accumulated another trader apparently from a neighbouring shop walked into her shop and in one glance noticed the products that I had displayed on the desk for her. He practically screamed in surprise asking if she had secured the distributorship for the product already and that he had been trying to get it for over six months but they kept referring him to a certain lady in Port Harcourt or another gentleman in Aba.

The discomfort radiating from Her Excellency was palpable. And I did not disappoint. I just gathered while she just looked at me in shock. Then she blurted out 'how much is the distributorship?'' to which I responded 3 Million Naira and she asked if I could recommend her and I told her that is what brought me from Port Harcourt in the first place but I wasnt going to recommend her again after what transpired between us.
Greed and selfishness walk hand in hand. I made to leave and she blocked me begging me initially and then threatening me with all sorts including the fact that I couldnt sell in her market and after all she could buy direct from the company. I just asked her to suit herself and walked out heading to the Okada ramp by the market entrance. She has called me over fifty times since then and has called my national Sales manager repeatedly and that one is on my side and has told her that only I can install her as a Distributor in that market.
Wow, I just imagined myself their and my hand was already itching to do sometime. I guess you have to prepare for the worse while expecting the best. thumbs up to your composure. People like this respire negativity. Sorry for the wast of resources.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by BlongTrendies(f): 6:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
@Karin001
Please add me to the whatsapp group 08057965797
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by gbenga007(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by jayalpha: 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please am In, am based in Ibadan, I can assure you of taking charge of agbeni Ogunpa market, Ibadan Oyo state. Please add me on WhatsApp. 08059840507
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
I cannot just add you to the whatsapp group. I need names and location including email addresses.
Kindly forward a mail as indicated previously.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2017
I can say at this point that this thread has been quite a success. I am quite grateful for the opportunity it has given me to affect other people in a most positive way, The whatsapp group has been very useful and has transformed to a very educative platform. I am learning so much myself such that the investment in terms of time and other resources is justifiable.

Indeed, Nigeria is a great country filled with a lot of talents almost bursting with energy. In the one month or thereabouts that the whatsapp platform has been launched I can tell you that it has been a most wonderful experience with all the active participants advising, motivating and guiding each other in more ways than one.

Also evident is the diverse nature of Nigeria. We have different participants from different parts of the country and the story is the same. Different markets/locations, similar results and reactions. It simply super. The testimonies are simply out of this world. We hope that more testimonies will come in and people will gain greater insights on how to become better distributors in the F.M.C.G sector of the economy.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Pesuzok(m): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
Karin001:
I can say at this point that this thread has been quite a success. I am quite grateful for the opportunity it has given me to affect other people in a most positive way, The whatsapp group has been very useful and has transformed to a very educative platform. I am learning so much myself such that the investment in terms of time and other resources is justifiable.

Indeed, Nigeria is a great country filled with a lot of talents almost bursting with energy. In the one month or thereabouts that the whatsapp platform has been launched I can tell you that it has been a most wonderful experience with all the active participants advising, motivating and guiding each other in more ways than one.

Also evident is the diverse nature of Nigeria. We have different participants from different parts of the country and the story is the same. Different markets/locations, similar results and reactions. It simply super. The testimonies are simply out of this world. We hope that more testimonies will come in and people will gain greater insights on how to become better distributors in the F.M.C.G sector of the economy.

I have sent you a mail, but yet to be added to the whatsapp group.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by ugwuishi(m): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
This is awesome! Is there still room for new comer like me? I will be glad to join your watsapp group.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
It has been quite an eventual month driven by our desire to entrench ourselves in the FMCG distributorship segment of the economy. So far we are pleased with the results we have had so far especially with the whatsapp group.

The experience has been very enriching and most rewarding.

After the initial theoretical exchange involving more of sharing our previous experiences in similar efforts, we then identified a product genre and then adopted it from a few companies and started out with understanding the product, surveying the territory and sampling the product in the specified territory. This was concluded in February and now we are on the threshold of a major take-off. We already have some people who launched out big time and are already Key Account Distributors in a particular town or city with exclusivity terms being seriously considered.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 10:41am On Mar 07, 2017
At the moment our focus is on one product genre but drawn from different companies. We also have participants from different parts of the country and virtually all of them brimming with determination to embark on this project and succeed. Many lessons have been gleaned and parallels drawn.

The most beautiful experience for me as a person is the help so many experienced group members are giving each other. I am also very grateful to the different producers whom have yielded to our demands and made the products available to us in our various locations at minimal costs. As a matter of fact some of them were so magnanimous that they sent samples to locations as far out as Kano and Kaduna from their locations in the south and no cost.

I am really grateful for this show of selflessness in these times.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by ehis4real1: 11:28am On Mar 07, 2017
please am interested in the fmcg business. my watsapp number is 08039701500. i stay in lagoss
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Pesuzok(m): 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
Karin001:
At the moment our focus is on one product genre but drawn from different companies. We also have participants from different parts of the country and virtually all of them brimming with determination to embark on this project and succeed. Many lessons have been gleaned and parallels drawn.

The most beautiful experience for me as a person is the help so many experienced group members are giving each other. I am also very grateful to the different producers whom have yielded to our demands and made the products available to us in our various locations at minimal costs. As a matter of fact some of them were so magnanimous that they sent samples to locations as far out as Kano and Kaduna from their locations in the south and no cost.

I am really grateful for this show of selflessness in these times.

Hi Karin, I have quoted your comments several times about joining the whatapp group, you have not responded to any of them. If the group is closed you should let me know. I have sent to you the requested email.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by classicTutor(m): 10:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
Madam! I can sight you!
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by lovetrust(m): 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
how can I join the whatsapp group plz
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 6:35am On Mar 08, 2017
lovetrust:
how can I join the whatsapp group plz

If you have actually read through the thread, you would have come across the directions on how to get on the whatsapp platform.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
These are really exciting times.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by ibizgirl(f): 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hello, I sent you a mail regarding the WhatsApp group, but no response and I also haven't been added to the group.

Karin001:
These are really exciting times.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
ibizgirl:
Hello, I sent you a mail regarding the WhatsApp group, but no response and I also haven't been added to the group.

You may wish to resend.

I have attended to all mails in my inbox and I don't remember yours being among them unless I got it wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

100 Ways To Make Cash Online FREE INFO / Dangote Tomato Factory Reopens February / Startup Funds For Nigerian Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.