Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids (32376 Views)

I Was A Husband: My Experience / Pastor David Ekwueme Celebrates Wife Who Agreed To Marry Him When He Had Nothing / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by jeff1607(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
This question has been bothering me for quite a while now, how do men or husbands cope with their wives when they give more attention and care to the kids and you feel all left out. I wouldn't like to generalise here but why is it a common thing in marriages same applies for single moms too when they shield and put more focus on their kids rather than helping the spark glow.

Some women not all are on the defensive when the husband tends to shrug that stuff out.

please would need experienced minds mostly the men to help explain or proffer a solution in getting round this without causing misunderstanding or bad blood

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by SuperSuave(m): 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
Lemme pitch my tent, I smell FP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Barney11: 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
you can cope by giving more attention to the children and stop grumbling!

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by dominique(f): 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
Is he a baby? undecided

41 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Janetessy(f): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ok
Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by midolian(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
No b d husband baby too?

7 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
Well same way women feel when man put all him attention for work like its d job he married and would still expect his wife to be supporting and asking about it.

So the best option is for him to join hands with his wife and support her in nurturing the kids together or help her with some chores. Afterall the children are not hers alone. And he should stop complaining. Life na turn by turn.

By supporting her, she'll feel loved then gradually he can express his starved sexual feeling to her, believe me she would suddenly realize she needs it too. Body no be stone.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Goldenheart(m): 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
cry
Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by seunO4: 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
I smell jealousy

10 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by dpete1: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
By giving both the kids and the lady enormous attention
The wife would be stupid not to reciprocate

6 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
He should join in giving attention to the kids the same time his wife is doing it so they can save time and be together.

Or he can relieve her of some of the things she does for the kids, like help the kids out with their home work while she cooks, bathe the kids while she is cleaning up. Then when y'all are both done, you can have some time together.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by coolbreezy01: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
You are a lucky man to have such a wife. That's all I have to say cause most women of nowadays are just same bandwagons.

7 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Category1: 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
I think there's time for everything, she av time for kids and also the husband.... So I think its a bullshit question undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
@jef1607 , indeed it's a common issue faced in many homes and it's also not unexpected as its part of the psychosocial phase of motherhood (as seen in other animals too).
His response would depend on his personality type :
Cholerics and Sanguines may feel very jealous and get something to preoccupy themselves with - friends, late nights, working overtime, TV etc
Phlegmatics may be more diplomatic, joining her in caring for the children as a means of winning back her love.
Melancholics may be happier for it. They have always wanted a "me" time, that's just the perfect excuse

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by jakandeola(m): 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
is very wrong cos any woman dat does dat doesnt want save her marrage.beforr children, u have man as husband yhe children will grow yet the husband remain d same. a woman belong to her husband simple as abc

8 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by bukatyne(f): 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
This mostly happens when the couple no longer have a marriage and all they have left is their family or when the husband leaves the childcare totally to the wife.

If it's one, let them rekindle their love

If it's two, let him pitch in more or get a maid (favorite suggestions now).

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Bigsteveg(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
Barney11:
you can cope by giving more attention to the children and stop grumbling!
You could have just kept quiet or go to kids section.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Bigsteveg(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
It's not a very good thing and it's most common among the women. They tend to forget that the child will go to school and get married later in life and leave you two alone. The husband needs to be calm in this case,
1. The husband need to sit d wife down and talk some sense into her, d woman might not realize what she's doing is wrong.
2. If this continues, divert your attention to something else not neglecting the family tho, a good wife should know something is wrong

14 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Mannygoulding(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
dominique:
Is he a baby? undecided

I wonder
dominique:
Is he a baby? undecided

I wonder
Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by ajuwarhodes(f): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
U are jealousing ur children... Lol

14 Likes

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by Benblaq(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
spritual case

1 Like

Re: How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids by wtfCode: 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
pussypounder:
Next time he will come in her mouth instead of her pusssay smiley
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery / Were Our Forefathers Happier Than Today's Generations? / Who Weds Who: Man Weds Woman Or Woman Weds Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.