Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun (1370 Views)

2017 Ogun State Christmas Carol Service In Pictures / Anambra State Rural Roads Construction Continues (Photos) / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun by Teewhy2: 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun

Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has assured that 2017 will witness massive rural road construction in the state.

A statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Adejuwon Soyinka, quoted the governor to have stated this as part of his 2017 New Year message.

“The year 2017 will witness huge rural road construction,” the governor said.

He added that, “We will take advantage of the opportunities provided by the World Bank through the Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP) to ensure easy access to farm produce and mobility of rural dwellers to modern facilities such as pipe borne water, electricity and qualitative health care delivery.”

The Ogun State governor explained that one of the goals of his administration, in the New Year, is to make further progress in its Reforestation project.

“We already have two sites at Aworo and Imeko. Apart from the fact that the projects will go a long way in improving the quality of our environment, it will also boost our forestry development plan and promote investment in the Timber industry,” he said.

In the New Year, the Ogun State government is also looking more seriously at agriculture and Agri-business.

“Agriculture will not only ensure food security, but provide huge employment opportunities for our teeming youth. We are exploring an Agro-Politan development strategy, which emphasises the localisation of the entire value chain that Agriculture provides: Grow-Process-Store–Package–Market-Sell.

“This will ensure that millions of our citizens will be engaged in the Agricultural value chain and will be able to prosper wherever they are,” Governor Amosun said.

In another but related dimension, the governor also promised to commence work on the first phase of the state light rail project within the first quarter of 2017.

The first phase of the proposed Ogun Light Rail Network is approximately 102.3km and consists of two lines: Abeokuta (Panseke) – Sagamu Interchange – Sagamu Town (49.8 km) and Ogere Town – Sagamu Interchange – Berger (52.5km).

Governor Amosun is however not stopping at that. He added, “let me assure our people that preparations have reached an advanced stage for the construction of our International Airport.

This Airport will ease the movement of people, goods and services in and out of Ogun State.”

The governor also seized the occasion to reassure the good people of Ogun State that his administration will leave no project uncompleted.

“Let me again re-assure you that the commencement of new projects will not in any way affect the completion of on-going projects spread across the three Senatorial districts,” he said.

Signed
Adejuwon Soyinka
Senior Special Assistant (Media)
Ogun State Governor
January 1, 2017

https://m.facebook.com/599388750089287/posts/1547655438595942
Re: 2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun by Teewhy2: 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
I think the governor is trying to do too much things at the same time. There are lots of abandon road projects in the state which despite all the promise to promise it soonest has not been able to recommerce .what is the essence of doing too many things at the same time.
We have not forgotten the about of money spent by gbenga Daniel in proposing to build a cargo airport in the state and which never saw the light of the day. I believe the international airport shouldn't be what we should be thinking of now.the rail project is good but also the 10 lanes from abeokuta to sagamu interchange should have been more useful at agbara side where we have many companies and bad roads.

3 Likes

Re: 2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun by wristbangle: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
Teewhy2:
I think the governor is trying to do too much things at the same time. There are lots of abandon road projects in the state which despite all the promise to promise it soonest has not been able to recommerce .what is the essence of doing too many things at the same time.
We have not forgotten the about of money spent by gbenga Daniel in proposing to build a cargo airport in the state and which never saw the light of the day. I believe the international airport shouldn't be what we should be thinking of now.the rail project is good but also the 10 lanes from abeokuta to sagamu interchange should have been more useful at agbara side where we have many companies and bad roads.

God bless you my brother.

Infrastructural projects that needs urgent help in the state are Agbara estate road, atan, sango - ijoko - akute- alagbole axis, sagamu - papalanto. That 10 lane project fro Kuto, Abeokuta to Interchange sagamu is rubbish, another way to embezzle money.

Though I support the rail project but am against the cargo airport, this project to me cannot see daylight, shey no be politicians??

Amosun should first focus on his abandoned projects before diving into another. Time is no longer on his side.
Re: 2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun by mykeljosef: 12:10am On Jan 02, 2017
government of future probability tense
Re: 2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun by Teewhy2: 7:32am On Jan 02, 2017
It is always as if our politicians just want to always be a curse and not a blessing to the citizen . They always want to do projects that will generate enough money to their pockets and most of this projects are always initiated in their second term, they use first tem to do things that will be a bit beneficial to people so that we can vote for them but second term you will start seeing different white elephant projects as wristbangle rightly mention I was surprised to still see abandoned road project during the Christmas period in the heart of abeokuta not to talk of the ofada-ibafo road, while work has started on the 10 lanes to sagamu interchange. I think with the proximity of ogun state to Lagos the airport is not what is needed now.
I think our politicians should always get their priority right and not always think of projects to get money for their retirement.

1 Like

Re: 2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun by AZeD1(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2017
I still don't understand what Nigerian leaders have with airports.
There are lots of pressing needs that should be addressed before the talk of building airports.

1 Like

Re: 2017: Ogun To Witness Massive Rural Roads Construction – Amosun by omohayek: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2017
Teewhy2:
It is always as if our politicians just want to always be a curse and not a blessing to the citizen . They always want to do projects that will generate enough money to their pockets and most of this projects are always initiated in their second term, they use first tem to do things that will be a bit beneficial to people so that we can vote for them but second term you will start seeing different white elephant projects as wristbangle rightly mention I was surprised to still see abandoned road project during the Christmas period in the heart of abeokuta not to talk of the ofada-ibafo road, while work has started on the 10 lanes to sagamu interchange. I think with the proximity of ogun state to Lagos the airport is not what is needed now.
I think our politicians should always get their priority right and not always think of projects to get money for their retirement

I think you are 100% correct. Why does Ogun state need an airport when both Ibadan and Lagos airports are so close? Even the light rail project doesn't make sense, when there are so many roads Amosun could be fixing with the same money. In any case, where rail is concerned, a higher priority would be creating faster, higher-quality rail links with Lagos, so that industrial production can get to the ports more quickly, while people could live in Ogun while working in Lagos.

These second-term white elephant projects are just a means of stealing by awarding inflated contracts to front-men, as none of them make any economic sense.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Brook Street Lounge Becomes First To Sell Food Cheaper Than "Mama Put" / Orji Kalu Made Us Swear Oaths Of Allegiance At Okija Shrine / How Did Babatunde Abracadabra Fashola Dissapear A Bilion Naira Market Contract?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.