Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike (2690 Views)

MURIC Warns Nigeria's Christians: Don't Fall For Trump's Bait To Divide Nigeria / "Trump Wants To Divide Nigeria" - MSSN / The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by olaboy33(m): 6:34am On Jan 02, 2017
Governor Nyesom Wike;

Leaders and people of Niger Delta will always strive to defend the unity of Nigeria, because to them, the country remaining as one indivisible entity is ‘non negotiable’ and of paramount importance, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said.
Speaking in Sokoto when he paid a visit to Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad at his palace, Wike said the interest of Nigerians and Africans will be better served with Nigeria remaining as one ‘strong and united nation.’
Said he: “Let me first of all sincerely thank you, our father the Sultan, for what you are doing for this country, working tirelessly to ring peace and to bring unity to the people. So for all of us this is what is meant by one Nigeria.
“We cannot run away from this country. The unity of this country is very, very paramount. The unity of this country is non-negotiable. I am from the Niger Delta, from Rivers State to be specific so I cannot see us in a divided country. No way. We stand for the unity of this country,” Wike added.
According to the governor, his administration has put a lot of time, resources and energy to protect national assets especially the ones in Rivers State.
“In Rivers you hardly find pipeline vandalisation. We are working at all times to protect national assets in our state. In my state, I am governor for all the people living in the state. I am not a governor of a particular political party, but a governor for all the people of Rivers State.”
While commending the Sultan for his leadership of the Muslim community in Nigeria, Wike said he was in Sokoto to felicitate with his colleague, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, who gave out his daughter in marriage on Saturday.
He equally dispelled the notion that his relationship with Tambuwal had political connotation, saying has been his friend for a long time, “long before politics defined who we are now.”
“Tambuwal is my friend for a long time. If anything affects him, it affects me also. If he gives out his daughter in marriage, I have to be here to support him. If any problem happens to him, it affects me as well.
“Your Eminence I am here to seek your royal blessing. You have blessed me before, that is why I am growing. So let me wish you a prosperous new year ahead,” he added.
In their remarks, both the host governor and Sultan implored Nigerians to live in peace with one another, and wished their countrymen and women a year full of happiness and blessings.

source: http://m.guardian.ng/news/count-niger-deltans-out-of-agitation-to-divide-nigeria-says-wike/

CC; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Rilwayne001: 6:41am On Jan 02, 2017
IPod youths will definitely not like this.

9 Likes

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by lekkie073(m): 6:43am On Jan 02, 2017
Dat is wike's opinion....

Its not binding on all niger deltans

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by glassjar1: 6:43am On Jan 02, 2017
So therefore

?

Wike will be gone ,

IpoB has come to stay in igweocha ,take it or

Wike can say anything even GEJ can too.

Freedom is not negotiable . Go your own way zoo republic we dont want cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by ImperialYoruba: 6:43am On Jan 02, 2017
This is classic. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by OJUcrook: 6:44am On Jan 02, 2017
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Femolacaster(m): 6:49am On Jan 02, 2017
Wike is a Yoloba man jare._ Ipob almajiris

8 Likes

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Redoil: 6:51am On Jan 02, 2017
Being together is not by force so wike should go and sleep
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by ChetaNwaeze: 6:53am On Jan 02, 2017
Nyesom Wike is an Afonja. Port Harcourt is Igweocha and it belong to we Igbos. We Igbos are the one that developed Port Harcourt because Port Harcourt is no mans land

6 Likes

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Africonji: 6:55am On Jan 02, 2017
Wike is a shameless and spineless tout. He is trying to play politics with Rivers future. He doesn't have to go this far to kiss Fulani pipos asses to remain politically relevant since most Rivers pipo already support him overwhelmingly. He will surely regret this stupid move.

10 Likes

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by serikiYCU(m): 6:58am On Jan 02, 2017
Realy
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:00am On Jan 02, 2017
Only LAZY & UNPRODUCTIVE people are afraid of being on their own. I admire and hail the IGBO determination but still believe we can all still salvage this near hopeless contraption. WIKE is just being a typical Political Animal.

1 Like

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by littlewonders: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2017
My people say; "na yansh mess na head dem dey knock"
Na mouth talk no be mind e dey. Those that know will understand.
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Daplux4: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2017
wike do u tell sultan what he wants to hear or it actually come from ur mind. what has he done as a Muslim leader to stop the killings in the north that's area I want u to discuss instead of nonsense loyalty if sultan wants Nigeria to be together he has the power to do it he only wants to make sure his slave's are still loyal but sultan let me tell u Nigeria's unity is negotiable that is the hard truth like it or hate it
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by NATIONALPASTOR: 7:24am On Jan 02, 2017
Wike told him what he wants to hear but will definitely do the needful but funding ipob.

That's also what the north does by telling you idiotic Christians that there is nothing like islamization of Nigeria but they are busy effecting and perfecting their game.

Wike is not alone, he knows exactly what he's doing.

In the fullness of time, the afonja butt likers will understand.

Its called game of deceit.

3 Likes

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Xway(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2017
olaboy33:
Governor Nyesom Wike;

Leaders and people of Niger Delta will always strive to defend the unity of Nigeria, because to them, the country remaining as one indivisible entity is ‘non negotiable’ and of paramount importance, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said.
Speaking in Sokoto when he paid a visit to Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad at his palace, Wike said the interest of Nigerians and Africans will be better served with Nigeria remaining as one ‘strong and united nation.’
Said he: “Let me first of all sincerely thank you, our father the Sultan, for what you are doing for this country, working tirelessly to ring peace and to bring unity to the people. So for all of us this is what is meant by one Nigeria.
“We cannot run away from this country. The unity of this country is very, very paramount. The unity of this country is non-negotiable. I am from the Niger Delta, from Rivers State to be specific so I cannot see us in a divided country. No way. We stand for the unity of this country,” Wike added.
According to the governor, his administration has put a lot of time, resources and energy to protect national assets especially the ones in Rivers State.
“In Rivers you hardly find pipeline vandalisation. We are working at all times to protect national assets in our state. In my state, I am governor for all the people living in the state. I am not a governor of a particular political party, but a governor for all the people of Rivers State.”
While commending the Sultan for his leadership of the Muslim community in Nigeria, Wike said he was in Sokoto to felicitate with his colleague, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, who gave out his daughter in marriage on Saturday.
He equally dispelled the notion that his relationship with Tambuwal had political connotation, saying has been his friend for a long time, “long before politics defined who we are now.”
“Tambuwal is my friend for a long time. If anything affects him, it affects me also. If he gives out his daughter in marriage, I have to be here to support him. If any problem happens to him, it affects me as well.
“Your Eminence I am here to seek your royal blessing. You have blessed me before, that is why I am growing. So let me wish you a prosperous new year ahead,” he added.
In their remarks, both the host governor and Sultan implored Nigerians to live in peace with one another, and wished their countrymen and women a year full of happiness and blessings.

source: http://m.guardian.ng/news/count-niger-deltans-out-of-agitation-to-divide-nigeria-says-wike/

CC; lalasticlala

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 02, 2017
grin this one go sweet.

1 Like

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by jumobi1(m): 4:53am On Jun 02, 2017
No Governor would admit to being Pro-Biafra or even neutral even if they are. Making such an admission makes them a target. The best they can do is advocate restructuring or "true federalism".
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 02, 2017
jumobi1:
No Governor would admit to being Pro-Biafra or even neutral even if they are. Making such an admission makes them a target. The best they can do is advocate restructuring or "true federalism".

I was looking at the state viability index and I said to my self what will happen to states like Imo, Ebonyi - they get 50B NGN and make less than 5B NGN, Anambra go just crash like Windows PC blue screen of death .. one time. grin Dem no make shi shi for 2016.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5404520_annualstateindex_jpeg11047c7db947da25e9aa11efbe78f132

2 Likes

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by FKO81(m): 6:18am On Jun 02, 2017
All politcs grin grin just to give northerners and Westerners hope cheesy cheesy Gov Wike know where he belong, other eastern politics can do the same, that's one of the characters of being a politician

He knows his root

1 Like

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by raker300: 6:24am On Jun 02, 2017
These people always want attention..

Who told you folks you were welcomed in Biafra?

Pls, no one wants you in Biafra.

Only Igbo speaking south southerners are welcomed..others pls stay on your own
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by raker300: 6:26am On Jun 02, 2017
TheCabal:

I was looking at the state viability index and I said to my self what will happen to states like Imo, Ebonyi - they get 50B NGN and make less than 5B NGN, Anambra go just crash like Windows PC blue screen of death .. one time. grin Dem no make shi shi for 2016.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5404520_annualstateindex_jpeg11047c7db947da25e9aa11efbe78f132
rwanda and Angola are 10x poorer than Nigeria yet these countries are more developed than nigeira..

Development is not on paper mr. Man
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by FKO81(m): 6:27am On Jun 02, 2017
TheCabal:

Crash like window xp when Ogun with high IGR was among states declared bankrupt, rated by NPF with highest number of suicide cases in Nigeria, seriously in debt, can't pay full workers salaries or fund projects

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by fulanmafia: 6:30am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by hucienda: 6:35am On Jun 02, 2017
Don't expect the establishment to say otherwise.
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by tribalistseun: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2017
Wike is enjoying the loot he's doing in Rivers state so there's no way he will allow any break-up
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by fulanmafia: 6:39am On Jun 02, 2017
TheCabal:

grin

1 Like

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by HiddenShadow: 6:47am On Jun 02, 2017
Referendum will decide everything
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by DanseMacabre(m): 6:52am On Jun 02, 2017
I wonder why some people reason with their asses. How would you expect a sitting governor to openly support a secessionist cause? That'd be tantamount to treason/treasonable felony, but you wouldn't expect straw-stuffed dunderheads from both the IPOB and anti-IPOB camps to know this.

Any support would at best be covert.

2 Likes

Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Trut(m): 6:54am On Jun 02, 2017
THIS IS OLD NEWS... OP, WHY RESURRECT THIS NEWS?
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by victorvezx(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2017
raker300:
These people always want attention..

Who told you folks you were welcomed in Biafra?

Pls, no one wants you in Biafra.

Only Igbo speaking south southerners are welcomed..others pls stay on your own
Then the igbos in the south south must have to relocate back to the south east, because u people are not taking any single south south territory with u
Re: Count Niger Deltans Out Of Agitation To Divide Nigeria, Says Wike by Amberon11: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2017
Olodo!
fulanmafia:
Ha Ha don't give people like Amberon a heart attack o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Portharcourt Road Aba, Abia State Government To The Rescue. / Exit Poll: Atiku Abubakar, PDP Wins Lagos, Edo & Abuja / Ministerial Screening: Read What Abia State Nominee, Uche Ogah, Told Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.