Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. (2496 Views)

Wike Replies Ganduje: Your Dollars Won't Work In Edo / The Kind Of Cow Rearers We Need In The South(pix) / RUGA: Ondo State Is Only Interested In Cattle Ranches - Governor Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 2:25am On Jan 21, 2018
People have cited ranches as a solution to the Fulani terrorists but the true has to be told in a sound, evidence based way. The Fulani's are incompetent at cattle rearing.

It may sound funny because that have dedicated centuries, plus their entire lives to cattle rearing but observe this. The Fulani are not the only nomadic cattle rearing ethnicity in Africa. In fact, in their latitudal zone, it's very common. Cattle rearing is coming in Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Kenya, South Africa, and almost all of West Africa. So why do I say what I say? Observe..

Massi Cattle, Kenya

Dinka Cattle, South Sudan

Nuer Cattle, South Sudan

Somali Cattle, Somalia

Xhosa Cattle, South Africa

Igbo Cattle, Nigeria
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3655562_cattlerearinginanambra1_jpegd3e6a36c4664b36c4440ca222290eea0

I don't believe I need to post a picture of Fulani cattle. We all know what they look like. We all know that they're incapable of producing milk causing Nigeria to have the lowest milk yield in the region. We know that the Fulani don't even know that there's a business behind their fertilizer, that they can be immunized for disease like us. But for the sake of non-believers, Google 'Fulani cow' and see if you can produce one cow that isn't emaciated, depleted, and half dead from Nigeria to Niger and beyond. I'll provide pictures but research yourself before you accuse me of being selective.

Fulani Cow, Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 2:37am On Jan 21, 2018
What drives the point home to be is the following. Before I start producing statistics to highlight Fulani incompetence at cattle rearing (other than the deaths it has caused on both sides), observe the most pitiful thing I've seen in a while.

Buhari is a Fulani man. Buhari is a cattle rearer. Unlike the Massi peasants, and Xhosa nomads, Buhari has had due employment for the entire duration of his life, even serving as a governor, head of state (2X), petroleum minister, general and party leader. In short, from wages alone, this is not a poor man.

This is not a man without access. This is a man who believes it is his ethnic nature and right to rear cattle and rear cattle with an ancient tradition and wisdom spanning time beyond memory. Look at Buhari's cows..

look at the pitiful brown feed they're left with. Ribs, skin, depletion, starvation. It's only after his second run as head of state (current) that his cows started showing signs of life and flesh

Obviously from theft.

3 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Nonaira1: 2:40am On Jan 21, 2018
Who cares.

Let the fulani contonue to kill them off.

I'm extremely enlightened and excited how backwards and a shithole Nigeria is amd it's future shows there is no chance of improvement but rather, thwy would continue to be the most worthless country in Africa.

Love how God cursed them and even the devil curse them.

Fulani abeg Continue doing whatever the hell una want in that shithole. Notice how everyone is trying to appease the killer herdsmen and not one person have been arrested, stoned or jailed for the murders. A worthless country will always remain a worthless country

1 Like

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 2:41am On Jan 21, 2018
Milk Production

If you look at Africa's milk production, you'll be further puzzled.

There are three countries in West Africa that show signs of milk production. These are Fulani populated regions of Nigeria, Niger, and Mali. Then there are 2 more clusters where nomadic herding is common. South Africa, and East Africa. The dominance of East and Southern Africa further assert my point. It's not mystery that Nigerians import powdered european milk, while dying over starving Fulani cows. The paradox is shocking.

3 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 2:48am On Jan 21, 2018
Nonaira1:
Who cares.

Let the fulani contonue to kill them off.

I'm extremely enlightened and excited how backwards and a shithole Nigeria is amd it's future shows there is no chance of improvement but rather, thwy would continue to be the most worthless country in Africa.

Love how God cursed them and even the devil curse them.

Fulani abeg Continue doing whatever the hell una want in that shithole. Notice how everyone is trying to appease the killer herdsmen and not one person have been arrested, stoned or jailed for the murders. A worthless country will always remain a worthless country

It's truly sad. My advice is that every community to be strapped to the teeth and ready. One thing I know about the Fulani is that they're cowards and only fight when their victim is resting. In Ghana (a real country) they're being handled diligently. The Zoo Called Nigeria is a dungeon of cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVVuAc_na5A

What is the difference between these people and biblical locust?

3 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 2:56am On Jan 21, 2018
Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by docadams: 2:57am On Jan 21, 2018
@OP, if we go by your logic poultry and piggery wouldn't have been. So also grasscutter, snail or bees farming wouldn't have been. In fact, if development iwere governed by only your logic we would have still been trekking from Enugu,cSokoto, Maiduguri to Lagos.,
Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 3:02am On Jan 21, 2018
explain your post.
I believe you think they're incompetent because they're nomads or primative. It's no surprised that 100% of the cows I posted on here are from nomadic tribes.
When they settle down with ranches (Buhari), the incompetence continues because as you can see Buhari's cows are skinnier than him.

These Namibia women live in a desert, and are still doing better than the Fulani

6 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 3:03am On Jan 21, 2018
Nigerian cows produce less than a litre of milk daily —Ogbeh

The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh has revealed that no Nigerian cow currently has the capacity of producing up to a litre of milk daily.

Ogbeh disclosed this at a national conference organised by the Ministry of Agriculture in Abuja seeking ways to restore stability in the livestock sector as a means to encourage the growth of animals raring in the country, thereby growing the economy of the country through meat and milk export.

The minister, who lamented the low rate of milk produced by the cattle in the country, noted that Holland with far less population compared to Nigeria 350 million cows while Nigeria has only 19 million cows.

He regretted that the country was spending too much money on importation of milk.

“The sad thing is that the country is not spending this money on the best quality of milk, it is the lowest quality, powdered milk that is being imported into the country.”

Ogbeh stated that, “Nigerian cows trek long distances in search of grass and water”, this according to him is the reason that makes the animals to produce such little amount of milk in a day.

“Nigeria has over 415 grazing reserves on paper, nothing visible on ground. Because there is no proper place to accommodate our cows, it is difficulty to restrict their moving,” adding that the moving of the cows from one place to another has caused many of the cows to get infected with diseases that can also be transferred to humans.

He emphasised the need for peaceful coexistence between the farmer and the cattle rarer as key to the stability of livestock sector in Nigeria. “We want the farmer to make money and be free, we also want the herdsmen to make money and be free, we don’t want conflict between them.

2 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Nonaira1: 3:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

It's truly sad. My advice is that every community to be strapped to the teeth and ready. One thing I know about the Fulani is that they're cowards and only fight when their victim is resting. In Ghana (a real country) they're being handled diligently. The Zoo Called Nigeria is a dungeon of cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVVuAc_na5A

What is the difference between these people and biblical locust?

Because the fulani and the rest of the North are in the pact of conquest of the whole Nigeria.
Why do you think they cornered every inch of Nigeria government despite being the most uneducated and backwards set in that shithole? Who would dare attack them when they control both the judicary, executive as well as the military. Who dares? Why do you think everyone, even the demons that calls themselves educated in the South, have been trying desperately to appease them as oppose the victims of their kill?

The fulani and the entire North sees the Entire Nigeria as their conquered territory. As far as they are concerned, They are just letting the other tribes live there. Why do you think they hate ipob severally? Why do you think they got extremely pissed and vomiting anger simply because igbo did a sit at home in igboland. A task that didn't occur any other region except igboland yet that act, something that had zero effect on them, pissed them off. It is because in the eyes of Fulani and the North, Igboland belongs to them, Middle belt belongs to them, Bini lands belongs to them, Yorubaland belongs to them...the entire Nigeria belongs to them in their eyes hence that sit at home pissed them off because it dared their conquest.

It makes me laugh that only few people have seen the hand writing on the wall. I cuckle extremely loud whenever i read someone write, come 2019 I'll vote buhari out. Our PVCs will talk. They actually think they have a vote come 2019. There's a reason buhari have surrounded every aspect of that shithole defense with northerners and firing the southerners continually. They have yet to see anything.

The reason Ghana were able to handle the fulani right is because the Ghanaians didn't allow them to grow wings. Nigeria on the other hand did and even nurtured them. Now they are soaring high with those wings they grew. That's why i feel zero pity to that shithole and their fulani menace. It was self inflicted. They can keep on trying and writing articles on how to please fulani. If anyone have ever bothered to read fulani history, You'll know they won't change their backwards mentality on how to raise a cow. Likewise, they'll continue killing until they get their way. Their history have already spoken on how all this would pan out.

4 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Ofodirinwa: 3:21am On Jan 21, 2018
They can be beat very easily. Again, when someone fights back, Fulani lose and this is history. The issue is NIgeria is full of cowards that won't stand for anything. But simply fighting them isn't enough. We have to take over the cattle industry. They're not doing it commercially, they're doing it out of habit and ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Alawe(m): 3:49am On Jan 21, 2018
All you have stated is not enough to say they are incapable. they are. through it beats my imagination as to why they dont want to adopt the modern system of the business.

but for buhari i agree with you. he is in a position and has the opportunities to change the business style, but he is an illiterate, he will not.

bet it and mack my word. very soon igbos or other non-traditional cow breeders will top them in the business through ranching. now opportunities and advice are been giving to them but in their myopic archaic mind the're act of hatred.

3 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by ANOWEDGREAT: 5:13am On Jan 21, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
What drives the point home to be is the following. Before I start producing statistics to highlight Fulani incompetence at cattle rearing (other than the deaths it has caused on both sides), observe the most pitiful thing I've seen in a while.

Buhari is a Fulani man. Buhari is a cattle rearer. Unlike the Massi peasants, and Xhosa nomads, Buhari has had due employment for the entire duration of his life, even serving as a governor, head of state (2X), petroleum minister, general and party leader. In short, from wages alone, this is not a poor man.

This is not a man without access. This is a man who believes it is his ethnic nature and right to rear cattle and rear cattle with an ancient tradition and wisdom spanning time beyond memory. Look at Buhari's cows..

look at the pitiful brown feed they're left with. Ribs, skin, depletion, starvation. It's only after his second run as head of state (current) that his cows started showing signs of life and flesh

Obviously from theft.

Can u imagine a man who can't even properly take care of his cows is now elected to lead millions of very educated Nigerians?

5 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by knightsTempler: 5:24am On Jan 21, 2018
Read this, their plan is not grazing:
This is why history must be taught in our schools. Those who neglect History are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past. Please read below and and learn. BEWARNED!!!!!!!

The Gross influx of Fulani herdsmen presently and now calls for the sharing of this history.
By John TAll JUKUNS SHOULD READ THIS.

The story is told of how King Yunfa, the Hausa Sarki in Gobir (now called Sokoto) hosted a Fulani immigrant called Usman Dan Fodiyo and his group in February 1804, as a result of this and since 1808 the whole of the northern region lost its kingdoms and were replaced by Fulani emirates.

King Yunfa is said to have been killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior (Usman Dan Fodiyo) established Sokoto caliphate, making himself Sultan.

Gradually, other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and taken over by the Fulani emirs. The ethnic groups in the core north were the first victims of Fulani imperialism, a venture that occurred because the people were given access to grazing land as a result of the hospitality of the hosts.

They however failed to overrun the Bornu and Jukun kingdoms , so the Shehu of Bornu and Aku Uka remains paramount till today!

The Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed Afonja in 1824

And Ilorin, a Yoruba town under the Oyo empire, fell into Fulani hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto caliphate till today! Even the attempts of the O'odua People's Congress (OPC) to revert to status quo ante and crown an Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in futility.

The Yoruba warriors got wise and defeated the Fulani jihadists in Osogbo in 1840, if this didn't happen there would most likely have been Fulani "emirs" as rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Osogbo, Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today!

If the Bini Kingdom did not fight and repel the jihadists, they would have penetrated the Edo/Delta region beyond the present day Edo North Senatorial District which gave in and allowed the jihadists to overrun & islamize them.

Along with some ignorant folk most of them are now angling for grazing areas and a corridor through the entire federation. These grazing areas will in future become Fulani settlements, later commmunities and finally local government areas with elected officials.
If you think I am being alarmist look towards the once beautiful and serene Middle Belt state of Plateau.

The exact same thing happened in Jos.

Therefore, it will not be farfetched to conclude that the Fulani herdsmen are pawns in an agenda to overrun all towns in Nigeria! So that we will have emirs in Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu,Wukari, Abeokuta and other towns where FG creates "grazing reserves" for Fulani herdsmen!

If Yunfa didn't accommodate Fodio and his warlike immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa sarkis would be ruling today in the north!

And if Afonja didn't conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba kingdom would not have been ruled by Alimi's offspring till today!

It is a subtle continuation of the 1804 Fulani jihad by the fully-armed and protected Fulani herdsmen with an age-old agenda to overrun and Islamize the whole of Nigeria very quickly.

I will end this with what someone rightly said- "The grazing bill is not an attempt to solve the problem, it's a subterfuge to progress the agenda"

It's an age-old political strategy really- ..create a problem, come up with a "solution" that advances the cause, and then give it a legal backing.
Make it look like a win-win situation.

Be as wise as serpents....

Spread this message for people to be aware.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by MayorofLagos(m): 6:33am On Jan 21, 2018
Nonaira1:

Because the fulani and the rest of the North are in the pact of conquest of the whole Nigeria.
Why do you think they cornered every inch of Nigeria government despite being the most uneducated and backwards set in that shithole? Who would dare attack them when they control both the judicary, executive as well as the military. Who dares? Why do you think everyone, even the demons that calls themselves educated in the South, have been trying desperately to appease them as oppose the victims of their kill?

The fulani and the entire North sees the Entire Nigeria as their conquered territory. As far as they are concerned, They are just letting the other tribes live there. Why do you think they hate ipob severally? Why do you think they got extremely pissed and vomiting anger simply because igbo did a sit at home in igboland. A task that didn't occur any other region except igboland yet that act, something that had zero effect on them, pissed them off. It is because in the eyes of Fulani and the North, Igboland belongs to them, Middle belt belongs to them, Bini lands belongs to them, Yorubaland belongs to them...the entire Nigeria belongs to them in their eyes hence that sit at home pissed them off because it dared their conquest.

It makes me laugh that only few people have seen the hand writing on the wall. I cuckle extremely loud whenever i read someone write, come 2019 I'll vote buhari out. Our PVCs will talk. They actually think they have a vote come 2019. There's a reason buhari have surrounded every aspect of that shithole defense with northerners and firing the southerners continually. They have yet to see anything.

The reason Ghana were able to handle the fulani right is because the Ghanaians didn't allow them to grow wings. Nigeria on the other hand did and even nurtured them. Now they are soaring high with those wings they grew. That's why i feel zero pity to that shithole and their fulani menace. It was self inflicted. They can keep on trying and writing articles on how to please fulani. If anyone have ever bothered to read fulani history, You'll know they won't change their backwards mentality on how to raise a cow. Likewise, they'll continue killing until they get their way. Their history have already spoken on how all this would pan out.

The cure for fulani insanity is available and awaiting launch.
Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by vcente(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2018
I've saw fizznation cows, during Jonathan's reign and they looked healthy. wonder how the cows look now

1 Like

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2018
It is unthinkable to know that inspite been a head of state, petroleum minister, military administrator and currently the president the only investment or business Buhari could engage in is cattle rearing.

This is shocking, this shows his level of thinking and enlightenment. No ideas, no vision, even in contemporary times, Buhari still sees cows as his only means of livelihood and survival. Buhari still sees cows more important than humans, Unlike his fellows, e.g OBJ, IBB, Abubaka, Gowon etc. The truth is buhari is not good at anything.

Dear Nigerians your shithole president is only good at cattle rearing, infact he could not even feed or manage his cattles very well until he became president in 2015. From the pictures at his ranch.

please send him back to his cows in daura come 2019.
His cows needs him more than we do.

4 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by sean079: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2018
Just like someone pointed out, up north is enough for Fulani to raise their cattle. I've lived in far north close to Chad i.e. Zurmi and apart from availability of unused vast land, I observe that there were plenty and abundant harvest of crops like beans, rice, maize, sorghum especially tomatoes wasting during its season. How come common feed grass cannot be farmed and stored to cater for this cattle in dry season. Even their camel and donkey were fed with store left over harvested maize and sorghum chaff. There is more to this nomadic farming lifestyle. I believe it's a grand plan to a calculated end.

3 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by IllegalMoney: 8:07am On Jan 21, 2018
grin grin grin

Nice analysis

1 Like

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Warship: 8:54am On Jan 21, 2018
True and factual.
Fulani herdsmen terrorists cows look like HIV/AIDS infected cows.

2 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by SalamRushdie: 9:16am On Jan 21, 2018
I feel sad when I see that educated people still mistake Fulanis expansionist drive for cattle rearing..Make no mistake Fulanis are no cattle rearers but an insurgent army that moves with their food and supplies most of which are stored as cattle .

4 Likes

Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by usba: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2018
When we say ipob are a curse to humanity they think we are insulting them. grin grin grin grin from 2 pictures an illiterate concluded that Fulanis are bad ranchers. lmao grin grin grin
Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by horsepower101: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2018
Op, thanks for a wonderfully written exposé
Re: Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. by Aphrygian(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2018
usba:
When will say ipob are a curse to humanity they think we are insulting them. grin grin grin grin from 2 pictures an illiterate concluded that Fulanis are bad ranchers. lmao grin grin grin
oga it seems you are kind of deluded, am yoruba buh i cant agree lesd to the points raised by the op. If sorghum, balley and maize can be grown in the north, there is no need for the cows to be moved to the south

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Politics, There Is No Room For Mistake. What Was GEJ Biggest Mistake? / Governor Fayose's Brother Shares Video Of Herdsmen Moving Their Cows / Buhari's Son Yusuf And His Expensive Power Bike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.