Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Step By Step On How To Set Up A Bitcoin Wallet - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Step By Step On How To Set Up A Bitcoin Wallet (977 Views)

What Business Can I Set Up With N600k? / Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification / How Do I Create A Bitcoin Wallet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step By Step On How To Set Up A Bitcoin Wallet by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2017
How To Set Up a Wallet
A “wallet” is basically the Bitcoin equivalent of a bank account. It allows you to receive bitcoins, store them, and then send them to others. There are two main types of wallets. A software wallet is one that you install on your own computer or mobile device. You are in complete control over the security of your coins, but they can sometimes be tricky to install and maintain. A web wallet or hosted wallet is one that is hosted by a third party. They are often much easier to use, but you have to trust the provider to maintain high levels of security to protect your coins. There are two main wallets that i recommend for beginners.
1)Blockchain
One of the quickest and easiest ways to get a Bitcoin wallet is to simply go to Blockchain.info and fill out their brief requirements. They also have a mobile app on play store for easy transaction. Blockchain also allows you to receive SMS alert anytime someone pays into ur account just like normal bank alert.

2) Coinbase

Coinbase is a web wallet with a simple design and a number of very useful features that make it excellent for beginners. You can send and receive bitcoins via email and buy and sell bitcoins directly from Coinbase. A full-featured Android app enables access to all account functions on the go.

I also recommend BitX, but I haven't used their services.
Re: Step By Step On How To Set Up A Bitcoin Wallet by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2017
nice

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Loan. Pls Help...i Will Pay 20% Interest / Nairalanders In Uyo, What Will You Be Doing This Weekend.. Let's Make It a Date / Etiquette Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.