Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification (12441 Views)

Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan / How To Validate Your BVN For The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / How long Does It Take For Bvn Number To Reach A Phone Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Orchid45: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
I read somewhere that the bitx wallet now luno? allows one convert bitcoin to Naira and withdraw directly to one's bank account.

I proceeded to Playstore to download the app, signed up and decided to test the withdraw feature to get a hang of it. I was told I needed to verify my identity, I completed the first phase which is phone number verification but the second phase sent me flying out of the site. My BVN was requested shocked shocked shocked

My question is how safe is it, has anyone here done it, what was the outcome?

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Chukabiz(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
You are safe with Luno

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by HausaOverlord: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
Luno is legit bro, go ahead
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Pierohandsome: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ofcourse bvn verification is part of the process, exchangers are like banks too.

Luno is the best exchanger as far as naija is concerned,followed by genex

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Sankabson(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2018
luno is Legit!! You're safe!!
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by olugbokedaniel: 8:57am On Mar 24, 2018
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Pierohandsome: 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
ZooRepublic:

Why are you so wicked?

Genex that stole people btc from their genexpay scam wallet?

Genex that stole investors money?

Genex that is now very determined to steal more through their scam exchange?

Genexpayments that is being managed by gang of scammers?

Mr man can you prove to us that you are not one of these scammers patrolling themselves as Genex/genexpayments?
i dnt knw what u mean by genex stole people's money. I used genex for months without any issue all throughout last year up till june ,all throughout the period luno's account was frozen by efcc, i used genex all thru until luno's account was unfrozen by the court.

So i dnt knw what u mean by this ur claim

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Orchid45: 7:04am On Mar 26, 2018
ZooRepublic:
Brother be careful! Never fall for Genex scam!
Thanks a lot, I feel BVN is too sensitive to request on a public website that can easily be hacked.
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Snwokenk: 7:04am On Mar 27, 2018
Orchid45:
Thanks a lot, I feel BVN is to sensitive to request on a public website that can easily be hacked.

Any respectable exchange should ask for sensitive information for kyc/aml

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by pufframmy: 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
Buy and sell your CURRENCY BITCOIN, PERFECT MONEY, RIPPLE, ETHEREUM, LITECOIN NOW AVAILABLE

all transaction will be served in short time we here to Serve you Better thanks For the Patronage
for other Coin needed or For selling
Monday to Sunday from 8:00am till 8Pm we here to Serve you more
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by stagger: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
Luno is not empowered by law to collect anyone's BVN. They do not have access to the cyber security instruments of the state used in keeping such data secure. All that is needed is for a hack to occur and viola...real trouble will ensue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by EGUNSOLA14: 4:26am On Apr 01, 2018
No body can tamperd ur bank accoun with ur bvn it only to show that d bank account belongs to u. Luno does nt allow transaction with someone else account for stong security purposes. Luno is legit and more safer to use than our so call local exchanger based on my personal experience. In short, u need n't to fear anything cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Harpheez50: 3:24am On May 09, 2018
Orchid45:
I read somewhere that the bitx wallet now luno? allows one convert bitcoin to Naira and withdraw directly to one's bank account.

I proceeded to Playstore to download the app, signed up and decided to test the withdraw feature to get a hang of it. I was told I needed to verify my identity, I completed the first phase which is phone number verification but the second phase sent me flying out of the site. My BVN was requested shocked shocked shocked

I was scared as well when it requested for BVN. Can I go on ? Am I safe?
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Orchid45: 4:18pm On May 09, 2018
Harpheez50:

I was scared as well when it requested for BVN. Can I go on ? Am I safe?
I chickened out, I will rather deal with exchangers. You can try it if you are brave enough. If you do, please let me know how it goes.
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Techbmcblog: 11:24am On Aug 08, 2018
This is serious, luno demanding BVN, I was scared too...Don't even know whether to move on or not.
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by abattio: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
So has anyone been using luno
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by DenreleDave(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
Techbmcblog:
This is serious, luno demanding BVN, I was scared too...Don't even know whether to move on or not.

After all what u read.. Nigerians sef.. Fear fear.. Luno is safe.. Vee safe
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by DenreleDave(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
abattio:
So has anyone been using luno
Yes.. No problem with it
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by k2money(m): 7:27am On May 14, 2020
My brother fear no allow me proceed too but from my findings it's safe because I saw friends showing me their wallet. Just that fear no gree me proceed

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by stanleyceejay(m): 12:02am On May 21, 2020
I am scared too... I can't deal... Japa
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Divay22(f): 12:27am On May 21, 2020
I login my account again this evening after running away since i opened it last year because of this BVN thing.
But I'm thinking of taking the risk thou

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Divay22(f): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2020
I finally took the risk
My Bitcoin and Ethereum be giving me joy

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by sharone21(f): 2:07am On Jan 24, 2021
Luno is BIG scam, Nigerians for your sanity, STAY CLEAR of it. Be warned

1 Like

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by buchivik(m): 2:23am On Jan 24, 2021
sharone21:
Luno is BIG scam, Nigerians for your sanity, STAY CLEAR of it. Be warned
Wetin happen sister
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by AlphaSoul: 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2021
Orchid45:

Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by ajaoade2(m): 7:37pm On May 03, 2021
Safe
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by olugbokedaniel: 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2021
Bigdawsnet hello sir. How are u? Sorry to disturb u, I saw ur comment on a post sometime ago, about an andriod phone being monitored, and u mentioned that there is an app that can spy on a person's chat. Please can u tell me the name of the app? How does it look like? How does it work? Is there any remedy for it? Thanks a lot sir.
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by BigDawsNet: 6:36am On Oct 03, 2021
olugbokedaniel:
Bigdawsnet hello sir. How are u? Sorry to disturb u, I saw ur comment on a post sometime ago, about an andriod phone being monitored, and u mentioned that there is an app that can spy on a person's chat. Please can u tell me the name of the app? How does it look like? How does it work? Is there any remedy for it? Thanks a lot sir.

Spyware

Spyware is any software that installs itself on your computer or mobile and starts covertly monitoring your online behavior without your knowledge or permission. It's a kind of malware that secretly gathers information about a person or organization and relays this data to other parties.

can make its way onto your device without your knowledge via an app install package, file attachment or clicking on un-trusted website.

Spyware is developed by a hacker, and it's an illegal software...so it's not like a app you will see on playstore for download....but the truth is....spyware exists everywhere online waiting for someone to install it...

How to avoid spywares

*Use trusted antivirus software with anti-spyware features.

*Don't download suspicious-looking email attachments.

* Don't click on online link with special offering bonus or "click to win so so so"

*Avoid chatting with strangers in messaging apps

My system at work was infected with spyware sometimes ago... My laptop was a new Alienware version... It alerted me that spyware is currently installed...I had to start deleting my vital documents and also sending copy to my cloud..

I had to covered my webcam with duck tape for over 1 month before I was able to complete the diagnostic and restored my system....

So be alert!!

More questions?
Ask....
Re: Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification by Enddy50ty(m): 1:56am On May 19, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Spyware

Spyware is any software that installs itself on your computer or mobile and starts covertly monitoring your online behavior without your knowledge or permission. It's a kind of malware that secretly gathers information about a person or organization and relays this data to other parties.

can make its way onto your device without your knowledge via an app install package, file attachment or clicking on un-trusted website.

Spyware is developed by a hacker, and it's an illegal software...so it's not like a app you will see on playstore for download....but the truth is....spyware exists everywhere online waiting for someone to install it...

How to avoid spywares

*Use trusted antivirus software with anti-spyware features.

*Don't download suspicious-looking email attachments.

* Don't click on online link with special offering bonus or "click to win so so so"

*Avoid chatting with strangers in messaging apps

My system at work was infected with spyware sometimes ago... My laptop was a new Alienware version... It alerted me that spyware is currently installed...I had to start deleting my vital documents and also sending copy to my cloud..

I had to covered my webcam with duck tape for over 1 month before I was able to complete the diagnostic and restored my system....

So be alert!!

More questions?
Ask....

Sorry this is an old thread but I'd like to ask, how does one know that a spyware has been installed on your phone?
How can you get rid of it?

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTB Bank And Their Checking Balance Rule / Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank / Banks Dollar Sale Falls As Naira Weakens To 1,479/Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.