Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Garden Of Eden - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Garden Of Eden (762 Views)

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / The Lies Of The Garden Of Eden - A Logical View / Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garden Of Eden by SweetJoystick(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2017
Genesis chapter 2 vs 15; The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. 16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden - 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat it's fruit, you are sure to die."

Genesis chapter 3 vs 1; The Serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, "Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?" 2 "Of Course we way eat fruit from the trees in the garden, the woman replied. 3 It's only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, "you must not eat it or even touch it, if you do, you will die" 4. You won't die! The serpent replied to the woman. 5 God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.

Genesis chapter 3 vs 22 Then the Lord God said, "Look the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever! 23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made. 24 After sending them out, the Lord God stationed might cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden, and he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

I was reading the bible this morning when I got confused with these verses above. What did God really mean when he asked man not to eat from that particular tree (knowledge of good and evil)?

Did he really mean death as recorded in the bible? Or that man will be vulnerable to death? If vulnerable to death, why the tree of life which would have given man ability to live forever if Eve/Adam had eaten from it?

If he meant death did he lie? I refuse to believe he lied though because he isn't man that should lie, was that verse wrongly interpreted?

Was the serpent telling the plain truth about what would happen if Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Was it God's plan for his creation (man) to die? If it wasn't why then did he create the tree of life which Adam or Eve would have eaten from just like from the other tree and therefore would be immortal.
Re: Garden Of Eden by Jokerman(m): 9:57am On Jan 02, 2017
Adam and Eve should have waited for God's appointed time...

Recall what Jesus told Satan... "Man shall not live by bread alone, buh by every word which God says"...

That was God's original plan, buh shaitan corrupted it...

God never lies... He is the same yesterday, today and forever....
Re: Garden Of Eden by SweetJoystick(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2017
Jokerman:
Adam and Eve should have waited for God's appointed time...

Recall what Jesus told Satan... "Man shall not live by bread alone, buh by every word which God says"...

That was God's original plan, buh shaitan corrupted it...

God never lies... He is the same yesterday, today and forever....

You haven't answered my questions or addressed my thought's
Re: Garden Of Eden by easterwick(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2017
MY BROTHER YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD, EVEN THE WRITER(MOSES) OF IT WERE INSPIRED AND WHERE NOT THERE BUT THIS IS MY COMMANDMENT BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND ASK GOD FOR HIS HOLYSPIRIT i know this is life even if the person die he will still have life but if you want to start asking your fellow neighbour question of what they were not there how it happen then wait for inspired answers like writtings from moses,paul and the rest
Re: Garden Of Eden by SweetJoystick(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
twosquare
Nauttyprof
Re: Garden Of Eden by twosquare(m): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Genesis chapter 2 vs 15; The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. 16 But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden - 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat it's fruit, you are sure to die."

Genesis chapter 3 vs 1; The Serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, "Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?" 2 "Of Course we way eat fruit from the trees in the garden, the woman replied. 3 It's only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, "you must not eat it or even touch it, if you do, you will die" 4. You won't die! The serpent replied to the woman. 5 God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.

Genesis chapter 3 vs 22 Then the Lord God said, "Look the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever! 23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made. 24 After sending them out, the Lord God stationed might cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden, and he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

I was reading the bible this morning when I got confused with these verses above. What did God really mean when he asked man not to eat from that particular tree (knowledge of good and evil)?

Did he really mean death as recorded in the bible? Or that man will be vulnerable to death? If vulnerable to death, why the tree of life which would have given man ability to live forever if Eve/Adam had eaten from it?

If he meant death did he lie? I refuse to believe he lied though because he isn't man that should lie, was that verse wrongly interpreted?

Was the serpent telling the plain truth about what would happen if Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Was it God's plan for his creation (man) to die? If it wasn't why then did he create the tree of life which Adam or Eve would have eaten from just like from the other tree and therefore would be immortal.
What did God really mean when he asked man not to eat from that particular tree (knowledge of good and evil)?

I saw your mention but I have been so busy to even respond to comments. I will try and give you a background to your questions. What God meant? Well, that is what He meant but there is one thing you should know: when God speaks, don't think you have known it all...His words are actually deep; the same thing I've discovered with spirits. What God is saying is that if Man eats out of TKGE (Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), he will die. That dying (death) is beyond the normal death whereby people leave their vessel (body) behind. It just occurred to me now as I write this that God was not just speaking of the present to Adam, He was also speaking into the future of what will happen to the race of Adam. In what way? The death is not just leaving the body but to bring men to a state where they die in their spirit, soul and body.. Satan has been looking for a way to kill what God called Man for ages but it takes time for men to respond to death even after the fall but the Spirit showed John the future that the death that was spoken of in Eden via TKGE shall be achieved when a man has acquired the full-blown nature/stature of death (which is 666). That death spoken of in Eden which its programme shall be achieved at this end of the age is a state where you can no longer respond to God like evil spirits. Dying in our body is still far away in the camps of this DEATH spoken of in Eden. When God warned man not to eat TKGE- He was also saying what stood in the middle of the garden are two civilisations. Adam chose the civilisation of the fallen Cherub (TKGE) and it has bred disaster since.

I think my answers above expatiated on it more for this question. However, Man would have immortalised sin in his race like the evil spirits having no opening window for repentance programme. Out of love, God drove him out of the garden lest he commits another costly mistake. It takes time to inherit the ability of the TOL (Tree of Life) as described in Rev.22:2. Man became vunerable to everything the program of death have for our race (I mean everything). However, during those days, the programme of death was young and could not easily penetrate the covering of some men to a pedigree but found a way via Cain. Knowing Abel was an "enemy of progress" to its evil agenda. Abel must have been doing something to keep the influence of death at bay. But you should know that even when men were vulnerable to death, some escaped it literally e.g Enoch, Melchizedek, Elijah and some the Scripture never mentioned their names I believe.

No, he wasn't telling the whole truth. Like every evil spirit, one thing you should know about the dark world is that they will not tell you the whole truth and always love to mix little truths with lies. It is all a camouflage to deceive. You should know the best lies are the ones with little truths in it. Now, the two tress offered the same thing- you should know this. But out of the two offers, one was actually lying. Just check the offers: You will not die (what the tree of life does); You will be like God (Jesus learnt the TOL and was confirmed in Heb.1:8; Heb 1:1-3). So, the true destiny of Adam was to be like God true true but it is like going to computer village to buy Iphone and discovering you just bought the one with fufu inside. The serpent (satan) scammed Eve but Adam chose to disobey because he was looking for a shorcut but was scammed also.

No, Adam was meant to learn an higher light of the TOL via the tutelage of Jehovah...reason He normally visits Adam at the cool of the day to teach Him stuff. Reason He created TOL was to make sure Adam inherit His nature and become the lord of Angels, the express image of the triune God. I believe God allowed TKGE to grow with TOL (as reported in Genesis 2:9. He made to grow...in other words, He allowed them to find expression in Eden without hindrance. Satan must have pressed God to test Adam just as he tested Jesus. Jesus told the parable of wheat and tares to show us that the enemy always love to plant his things just beside God's. Same thing played out in Eden). I hope I've tried to answer your questions. Gracias.
Re: Garden Of Eden by SweetJoystick(m): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Black People Believe In God More Than / To the atheist. The Haunting Of Enfield (clearing All Doubts) / Prophetic Focus For July 2017 "Bishop David O Oyedepo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.