Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. (4540 Views)

Why Wike Should Rule Nigeria – Ben Nwabueze / There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum / Tell Me One Thing I Said That Is Not True – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by basilo102: 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
Cletus77:

Keep shut!! I didn't even have any interest in it and am not igbo sef. Am just saying its getting more serious to the minorities

This thread confirm it. https://www.nairaland.com/3541861/recession-nigerians-dying-poverty-massob It did not make front page when i posted it. Nigerians love living in denial. Just pay attention to the parts in bold.

December 27, 2016 Anthony Ubong – Calabar Latest News

MOVEMENT for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Cross River State chapter has decried the high cost of living in the country, saying it has inflicted untold hardship on the people with many of them dying from hunger and starvation.

MASSOB who stated this in Calabar on Tuesday in a statement signed by its Public Relations Officer, Comrade Okon Eyo Effiom, said due to the current economic hardship most Nigerians can no longer afford to buy basic food items and medical bills, a situation he said has led to the loss of lives.

The statement added that, ‘’with the state of things, there are clear indications that the Nigerian state cannot no longer take care of its people which accounts for the failed system which has led to the high cost of living.

‘Even at Christmas, a period characterized by celebration and merriment, many people could not afford to cook rice meal for their families which is the basic staple during such time because of high level of poverty in the land”.

“’The standard of living in the country has depreciated abysmally in just one year where the cost of basic items have quadrupled taking them beyond the reach of the ordinary person, and making them to easily succumb to diseases and death while some are unable to bear the situation which has resulted to them taking their own lives.

“Between last year, (2015) and this year, the cost of living has risen over 500 per cent which is way beyond the ordinary citizen which accounts for the high death rate through disease and suicide amongst our people”.

‘’The state of affairs in the country gives credence to MASSOB’s struggle for secession through peaceful means to leave the Nigerian state and build a nation of their own based on the vision of Ralph Uwazurike.

“56 years after the Nigerian civil war, injustice is still being perpetrated against the people of Biafra especially the minorities as seen with the devastation of Odi in Rivers State the handing over of Bakassi to Cameroon by the Nigerian government. We hereby call on President Mohammadu Buhari to let the people of Biafra go so that we can decide our fate and build our nation not continue to languish in this unholy state called Nigeria.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/recession-nigerians-dying-poverty-massob/

2 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Kemperor: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
Xer0:
The areas claimed by IPOB was never a single entity before the amalgamation

It was called the eastern region by the British...
At least they respected their boundaries...
D British joined d east and d north together cos of their exploitation...
So dude was Nigeria a single entity?
Do u know who named this so called country Nigeria and why?
Better do a research about ur history b4 u say nonsense...
Do u kind their was eva a south south?
Dey were all eastern region or southern region... State Creation made it so...
An idea which Britain gave Gowon as a means to control succession...
Today some people in south south will say they are not Igbos...while some of their communities or LGA speak Igbo...
Gov. Wike was blabbing shit yesterday wen he went to lick the ass of the Sultan, 4 reasons best known to him... does he know the name of Port Harcourt b4 Britain changed it??
Well state creation really tried...making most people not to know their root anymore...
So dude Nigeria was neva an entity or a country until Britain joined or amalgamated all the ethnic groups...
Please don't just contribute for contribution sake...so u won't display ignorance...research n know b4 u contribute....
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by BermudaTriangle(m): 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
Cletus77:

Keep shut!! I didn't even have any interest in it and am not igbo sef. Am just saying its getting more serious to the minorities

And thars why i should keep shut ? For airing my view while you do yours. You are a liar. You are IBO and you have more than a passing intetest in it.

4 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Cletus77(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

And thars why i should keep shut ? For airing my view while you do yours. You are a liar. You are IBO and you have more than a passing intetest in it.
Which views? The reverse suppose to be the case here Mr Triangle, wat am saying is the truth and why should i lie about being igbo?
Anyways i didn't have tym for dat cos the internet can offer you information.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by IslamicRebel: 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Genocide by Buhari the terrorist.

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Deejay1000(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kemperor:

Haven't u heard of the lord Lugard's Amalgamation? B4 u talk, u reason...and research b4 u mak vain facts...Dullardpo
thanks idada undecided
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=Corrinthians post=52458917][/quote]
I knw I will find u here on a Biafra thread
begging for unity
Screaming one Nigeria
U no get shame oo

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Enice(m): 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kemperor:

Haven't u heard of the lord Lugard's Amalgamation?
B4 u talk, u reason...and research b4 u mak vain facts...Dullardpo
before lord lugard's amalgamation, was there any state like anambra, imo, ebonyi, abia or enugu state? No. Was there any region like biafra? No. All this states were created by Nigeria. Another thing is that there is no major kingdom or major king in that area to say this was our territory like the benin kingdom for example. Biafra was a name created by Ojukwu for his selfish reasons. Therefore, you cannot give what you don't have. Another issue is the use of the word WE. Who is WE? Speak for yourself. It is only when there's been a referendum that the majority can use the word WE.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Kemperor: 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
Enice:
before lord lugard's amalgamation, was there any state like anambra, imo, ebonyi, abia or enugu state? No. Was there any region like biafra? No. All this states were created by Nigeria. Another thing is that there is no major kingdom or major king in that area to say this was our territory like the benin kingdom for example. Biafra was a name created by Ojukwu for his selfish reasons. Therefore, you cannot give what you don't have. Another issue is the use of the word WE. Who is WE? Speak for yourself. It is only when there's been a referendum that the majority can use the word WE.

The thread is still open u shld take ur time and read my other post... to brief u, Gowon's State Creation brought about all the states in Nigeria..b4 den it was called region...
Nigeria is name giving to this country by lord Lugards wife...google ur history...
Dont talk abt the Eastern States and feel u hv said something great...y didnt u mention d states in the north and west??
There was a political system in every region...hope u know what that means...
There was a political structure..hope u know what that means...
They all had armies to fight against external forces... hope u know what that means...
They respected territory.
Biafra is not Ojukwu's ideology but what the East wants... something that was b4 d era of Britain... what is too hard 4 u 2 understand...
Will Nigeria be the first or last to disinterest or separate? Haven't there been peaceful separation in some countries of the world?
Even in Africa?
What don't u understand?
I tire 4 people like u...
[/color] b4 u r quick to judge u dont know ma tribe...
...[color=#000099]

U should know that Nigeria was a colonial exploitation project...
So tell me, [color=#990000][/color]
IF NIGERIA HAS EVER BEEN ONE SINCE ANTIQUITY, THEN WHAT WAS THE COUNTRY CALLED BEFORE BRITAIN CHANGED ITS NAME TO THIS PRESENT ONE??
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Enice(m): 9:51am On Jan 03, 2017
Kemperor:

The thread is still open u shld take ur time and read my other post... to brief u, Gowon's State Creation brought about all the states in Nigeria..b4 den it was called region...
Nigeria is name giving to this country by lord Lugards wife...google ur history...
Dont talk abt the Eastern States and feel u hv said something great...y didnt u mention d states in the north and west??
There was a political system in every region...hope u know what that means...
There was a political structure..hope u know what that means...
They all had armies to fight against external forces... hope u know what that means...
They respected territory.
Biafra is not Ojukwu's ideology but what the East wants... something that was b4 d era of Britain... what is too hard 4 u 2 understand...
Will Nigeria be the first or last to disinterest or separate? Haven't there been peaceful separation in some countries of the world?
Even in Africa?
What don't u understand?
I tire 4 people like u...
[/color] b4 u r quick to judge u dont know ma tribe...
...[color=#000099]

U should know that Nigeria was a colonial exploitation project...
So tell me, [color=#990000][/color]
IF NIGERIA HAS EVER BEEN ONE SINCE ANTIQUITY, THEN WHAT WAS THE COUNTRY CALLED BEFORE BRITAIN CHANGED ITS NAME TO THIS PRESENT ONE??
one fu:cking thing you guys don't realize is that just because you speak the same language does not mean you can claim all the language speaking areas example is Hausa speaking areas. Hausa man cannot lay claim to Niger state.. lands are held in trust for us by our leaders. it is this land that are joined together to form states, countries, etc. the larger the large the land held, the large you can lay claim to. an example is Benin kingdom. nobody can take Benin from the Binis. the igbos have just small clans. now they want to claim a region
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Kemperor: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2017
Enice:
one fu:cking thing you guys don't realize is that just because you speak the same language does not mean you can claim all the language speaking areas example is Hausa speaking areas. Hausa man cannot lay claim to Niger state.. lands are held in trust for us by our leaders. it is this land that are joined together to form states, countries, etc. the larger the large the land held, the large you can lay claim to. an example is Benin kingdom. nobody can take Benin from the Binis. the igbos have just small clans. now they want to claim a region

Who told u d igbos want to claim a region
I told u how it was b4 state creation...
U hear d some south south people saying they r not joining biafra... biafra dont even care because they want their own country..
Can you google the smallest country in the world?.....den u will know Biafra is big compare to what u have in mind...
The Benin got that land through conquest in war and that why u have too many tribes there ... today it is called EDO... well u dont seem to be understanding what you are saying....
Look at that map and see how state creation divided the Eastern Region...take a close look at it and understand... look at the distance of EDO to Cross River.... how dey encompass the Eastern State... den ask ur self d position of the Four Cardinal Direction ...
What kind of compass did Gowon use?
State creation was a political game...

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Kemperor: 11:01am On Jan 03, 2017
That the work of state creation....
Thanks to Britain....for giving Gen. Gowon the idea...
To stop succession....
And it did work....

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by midol: 11:15am On Jan 03, 2017
We yoruba muslims must continue to lament about Biafra freedom. We can't stand seeing Biafra come to pass. Everytime IPOB makes a sucessful feat we cry to high heavens.

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Enice(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2017
Kemperor:

Who told u d igbos want to claim a region
I told u how it was b4 state creation...
U hear d some south south people saying they r not joining biafra... biafra dont even care because they want their own country..
Can you google the smallest country in the world?.....den u will know Biafra is big compare to what u have in mind...
The Benin got that land through conquest in war and that why u have too many tribes there ... today it is called EDO... well u dont seem to be understanding what you are saying....
Look at that map and see how state creation divided the Eastern Region...take a close look at it and understand... look at the distance of EDO to Cross River.... how dey encompass the Eastern State... den ask ur self d position of the Four Cardinal Direction ...
What kind of compass did Gowon use?
State creation was a political game...
you show me the map of eastern region and you say you are not laying claims to a region. What you IPOB guys don't seem to understand is the saying "unity in diversiity" in Nigeria, it is our diversity that unify us. We have about 350 ethnic groups. It is these groups that forms Nigeria not your language. Even in igbo speaking areas, say Abia state for example, an ngwa man would not want an Umuahia man to lord over him. Same with Aba man and Umuahia man. It is this diversity that prevents Nigeria from breaking up not your so called shout of free Nnamdi Kanu. The average Igbo man does not give a fu:ck. All he cares about is wake up in the morning, pray to his God for a good day, and goes about his business. It is the elites that are championing this secession thing.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by ejilife: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
Enice:
you show me the map of eastern region and you say you are not laying claims to a region. What you IPOB guys don't seem to understand is the saying "unity in diversiity" in Nigeria, it is our diversity that unify us. We have about 350 ethnic groups. It is these groups that forms Nigeria not your language. Even in igbo speaking areas, say Abia state for example, an ngwa man would not want an Umuahia man to lord over him. Same with Aba man and Umuahia man. It is this diversity that prevents Nigeria from breaking up not your so called shout of free Nnamdi Kanu. The average Igbo man does not give a fu:ck. All he cares about is wake up in the morning, pray to his God for a good day, and goes about his business. It is the elites that are championing this secession thing.
You people are quite funny. With one side of your mouth, you claim that the leaders (the elites) do not want to hear anything about Biafra and then with another side, you claim its the elites that are championing the right to self determination?

This is why an average Biafran do not take Zoo niGERians serious: They âre liars. All of them, including their president dullard of Daura who lied on national TV that Nnamdi Kanu have 2 int'l passport and yet came into the Zoo niGERia without any.

Even when the world and every sane people knows that you can't leave British airports enroute the Zoo without an Int'l passport.

Has it not been proven that NK's passports are with the Zoo's DSS?
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Kemperor: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
Enice:

Who told u that am an Igbo person...
I was just giving u wat Ben murry Bruce call "common sense"....
Ur example with Ngwa, Aba, Ummuahia doesn't make any relevant sense... cos it is lik that in every states...even in the world...it is the nature of man...or u can call it tradition...or what eva u want...
All african countries n even som part of the world have different ethnic groups witin d country...
What still kips their existence, is their unity...but it is not so in Nigeria... now forget Biafra.... what is the percentage unity of the "Hausa tribe and the Yoruba tribe (apart from Ass licking)? Or the Igbo tribe and the Yoruba tribe...?
Nigeria is a failed country...we all know that...
Dis regions can't blend...the states can't blend... its been like that since pre and post colonialism... so y decisive ourselves??
What is the income of nija?? ..... OIL.... where is it located in d counttry?? the SOUTH SOUTH and SOUTH EAST... now u understand y d North and West can't allow it to happen....
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
This Wike talk really pain this ipob people oh grin,

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Develpeast: 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
victorvezx:

Don't mind them. They think Nigeria is just Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba like they taught them in Primary school. There is up to 300 different ethnic groups, many of them are minorities who should be the ones complaining and not a majority tribe like the Igbo that is always crying like babies

I really want to get something from you. Because ethnic minorities are not complaining, the igbos should not complain?
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by darknetcom: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
ahhhh...you want to use the bible on us..??..

pachukwudi...i await more than this from you...

i could dabble in bible things with you but i will only end up doing a mistake to my own brother...

sooooo...

i will just let that slide for a brother... cool...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu Says No Projects Will Be Abandoned In Enugu West / This Is Umueze Anam, Anambra West LGA Of Anambra State(pictures) / US Court: Tinubu Has 7 Days To Tell Us Why We Shouldn't Release His Real Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.