Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Renal Failure: A Silent Killer - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Renal Failure: A Silent Killer (22735 Views)

Lagos Records First COVID-19 Death As Infected Renal Patient Dies At LUTH / Nightmare For Diabetes,arthritis,renal Failure / Urgent - Sickle Cell Anemia Patient Needs Kidney Transplant (renal Transplant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Olubukola16(f): 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2017
Wonderful write-up, thanks op.
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by hotspec(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
Mavinkent:
Dear friends,
Please I am really desperate for a good job that can keep me going. I am 26years of age now and I really need to get something doing so that I can take proper care of my needs and my parents.
I am a N.C.E dropout, i stopped my education because of no money to continue.
I have 6months experience in computer typing and graphic design also 3 months in software settings both system and phone. I went for the training after dropout, and am really good.
I speak good English, I am presentable and decent.
I am very good at internet stuff.
I am also available for any decent job.
I am based in Efon~Alaaye Ekiti State, but I am ready to relocate anywhere if I am offered a job that has accommodation attached to it.
Please I beg everyone here in the name of God, help me out because it's not really easy at all for me all this years sitting at home doing nothing. You can call or text me on 09034449055 if you have anything for me please.
Please note that I am single and have no kids so I am ready to move anywhere and start work immediately.
Like I said before am available for any job, what I can't do is driver because I don't have any experience, but any other available job is ok. If you have any vacancy job at your office, house, friends or family, please call me.
The available job you think I can't do, might be the one that I really like or also have interest.
The job I can't do is driver because I don't know how to drive, but any other available job is welcome

Thanks to you all and I hold my faith high that someone here will help me and I will be here to give a great testimony.
0 9 0 3 4 4 4 9 0 5 5 Or Email mavinkent251@yahoo.com always available..... Thanks
Let me start from where u stopped. U need to learn driving, its an added advantage. By d way, if u really need a good job in Nigeria, u need a paper certificate. Skills is not enough. U will mostly be paid by d paper qualifications u have and not ur skills(Dont misinterpret me here). U neet to try and go back to school, at least for certificate case. In d interim, rather than looking for job, u can create one right there in Efon. U are ICT savvy as u said. U can start a computer training centre, focus on CBT and target d upper secondary students as ur potential clients. They all want to learn ICT rudiments, especially CBT since they will soon use it to write UTME and post UTME tests. U can also add phone repairing to it. U will be surprised how sales will improve within short period right there. PACKAGING is what matters and believe in urself. But dont forget to go back to.school as ure getting old o. U can go for distance learning in any nearby University. Thank me later. Mavinkent

1 Like

Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by wayner10(m): 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
I lost my 3 year old younger sister to Acute renal failure in 2013..... sad sad sad
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
I'll advise you look into what you can do to help yourself eg farming, business and try to go back to school wen u have the means. this country is not a promising one my dear
do yourself a good by talking to yourself on what you can do
atelewo eni kii taniije
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Insightz(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
Educative. I am not a doctor, but I understand drinking water could be curative for non chronic kidney issues. Doctors in the house could you kindly provide some information on this assertion?
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Rayes3: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
very Educative . Nice one
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by presido2e(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2017
The dietary mgt posted in the article is quite wrong. It's better (and safer) for any patient to seek expertise advice from a Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist.
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Narldon: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
Insightz:
Educative. I am not a doctor, but I understand drinking water could be curative for non chronic kidney issues. Doctors in the house could you kindly provide some information on this assertion?

Yea, water therapy can be prophylactic for patients with Nephrolithiasis; (kidney stones)
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Narldon: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
wayner10:
I lost my 3 year old younger sister to Acute renal failure in 2013..... sad sad sad

Sorry bro
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Insightz(m): 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
Narldon:

Yea, water therapy can be prophylactic for patients with Nephrolithiasis; (kidney stones)

Thanks OP. Muchas gracias
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Bakare19: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
A very educative piece. Sadly, I lost a dear one to one of the forms of the disease, albeit recently. As a matter of fact, the news of the passing away hit me like a thunderbolt today. This was a dude we both spoke few weeks ago o. And it makes you wonder what's the essence of life. Hmm
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by jchioma: 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
Is it my eyes? I was hoping to read on the causes of the disease.

1 Like

Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Frankyboy1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
You never know the effect of this renal failure, until you loose a loved one like I did three months ago!the stress, pain, expense,sufferings and complications involved, is better imagined! Chronic renal failure is a silent killer, and we must be careful and pay close attention!
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Henrypraise: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2017
afta spending close to 5million last year, I lost my dad to kidney disease, it was a terrible blow...

pls pple abstain from alcohol n eat healthy...

1 Like

Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Funjosh(m): 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
I lost a cousin to renal failure Last year. So pain full please what is really the cause of the ailment
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by cococandy(f): 5:33am On Jan 03, 2017
seguno2:
This should be one of the witches or wizards that killed so many people for whom AUTOPSY was not done.
lol. Exactly

1 Like

Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by cococandy(f): 5:36am On Jan 03, 2017
wayner10:
my condolences
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 03, 2017
Funjosh:
I lost a cousin to renal failure Last year. So pain full please what is really the cause of the ailment
Was he a drinkard.? The number one culprit in Nigeria is heavy drinking with less water especially those dry gin and Brandys. My condolences
@ henrypraise, sorry for ur dad's loss. Was he in to drinking too?
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by juman(m): 7:49am On Jan 03, 2017
Good thread.

Beware, live a good life style.
Drink a lot of water daily and eat balanced diet. Also do your blood pressure checking regularly and regular overall checkup.

Drinking alcohol has side effect, and too much smoking is not good.

2 Likes

Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Henrypraise: 8:42am On Jan 03, 2017
priceaction:

Was he a drinkard.? The number one culprit in Nigeria is heavy drinking with less water especially those dry gin and Brandys. My condolences
@ henrypraise, sorry for ur dad's loss. Was he in to drinking too?

I tink drinking is d number one cause of renal failure, the problem may not be in drinking but on fake/ substandard quality drinks in d nigerian market...

my dad wasn't a drunkard, but he cud finish 2 bottles of st Remy n still drive pple home in his car, well composed (so one of his friends told me)....

he Neva gets high on beer... 2 crates of stout is just a water n bitter leaf...

more sensitization shud be don, I can tell u we suffered so much during his sickness...
Re: Renal Failure: A Silent Killer by Mavinkent(m): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2017
hotspec:
Let me start from where u stopped. U need to learn driving, its an added advantage. By d way, if u really need a good job in Nigeria, u need a paper certificate. Skills is not enough. U will mostly be paid by d paper qualifications u have and not ur skills(Dont misinterpret me here). U neet to try and go back to school, at least for certificate case. In d interim, rather than looking for job, u can create one right there in Efon. U are ICT savvy as u said. U can start a computer training centre, focus on CBT and target d upper secondary students as ur potential clients. They all want to learn ICT rudiments, especially CBT since they will soon use it to write UTME and post UTME tests. U can also add phone repairing to it. U will be surprised how sales will improve within short period right there. PACKAGING is what matters and believe in urself. But dont forget to go back to.school as ure getting old o. U can go for distance learning in any nearby University. Thank me later. Mavinkent
going back to school require a lots of money, I can't have that kind of money or helper and be dis desperate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JOHESU Suspends Planned Nationwide Strike / Man Reveals How He Almost Killed Himself After Being Diagnosed Of Vitiligo / Why The Fear Of Caesarean Section By Nigerian Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.