Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria (41999 Views)

Petrolex Mega Oil City Launch: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ajimobi, Ooni Spotted / Statues Of Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Awolowo, Mbakwe To Be Unveiled By Okorocha / Osinbajo, Obasanjo At Biafra 50 Years After Event In Abuja (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by seguno2: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
Alexk2:
Despite the mess we've made of ourselves, God is still in the biusness of rescuing and restoring us. Complete restoration we ask for Lord. Amen!

Faith without WORK is death.
That is somewhere in the bible.
Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) also said that if you want to build a tower you calculate all that you need and get the materials before starting so you are not made fun of when you stop halfway.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by QuietHammer(m): 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
seguno2:

Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) also said that if you want to build a tower you calculate all that you need and get the materials before starting so you are not made fun of when you stop halfway.
Dead, not death, they have different meanings
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by naptu2: 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
Others who would have been in this choir, but are deceased are:

Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe (governor general from 1960 - 1963, president and commander in chief from 1963 - 1966).

Vice Admiral Joseph Edet Akinwale Wey (chief of staff, supreme headquarters from 1971-1975).

Admiral Augustus Aikhomu (chief of general staff from 1986 - 1991, vice president from 1991 -1993).

Vice Admiral Mike Okhai Akhigbe (chief of general staff from 1998 - 1999).
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by seguno2: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
QuietHammer:

Dead, not death, they have different meanings

Thanks for the correction.
Idea is need.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by cole265(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
This choir simply signifies Afonjas, Igbos, militants, gworo eaters, and even more
....We truly have a Nigeria. kudos

Biafra no hold water
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
cool chief Ernest Sonekan bass no get part 2 grin grin.
Very nice. Reminds Me of unity in diversity kiss kiss.
naptu2:

Pastor Yemi Osinbajo

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1071899179587114&id=633018823475154&fs=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5WrUPNqbOo

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by logica(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2017
naptu2:

Admiral Augustus Aikhomu (chief of general staff from 1986 - 1991, vice president from 1991 -1993).

Vice Admiral Mike Okhai Akhigbe (chief of general staff from 1988 - 1999).
You might want to recheck those dates and positions.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by naptu2: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
logica:
You might want to recheck those dates and positions.

Yeah, it was a typo. I wrote 1988 instead of 1998. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
seguno2:

What are you talking about exactly? make your point clear so I'll be sure how to answer you.
Btw., as for Heb 11:6 quoted above, do you mean every Nigerian Is guilty of "faith without work" part that'll make us all undeserving of God's grace or you mean despite our conditions and situation, God cannot show us mercy because there's not a single individual that can at least be a worthy voice to stand in the gap?
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by seguno2: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
chiefolododo:
Ebele is missing . by the way where is namadi sambo?

Maybe they are not old enough.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by seguno2: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Alexk2:
What are you talking about exactly? make your point clear so I'll be sure how to answer you.
Btw., as for Heb 11:6 quoted above, do you mean every Nigerian Is guilty of "faith without work" part that'll make us all undeserving of God's grace or you mean despite our conditions and situation, God cannot show us mercy because there's not a single individual that can at least be a worthy voice to stand in the gap?

In response to your earlier comment.

Alexk2:
Despite the mess we've made of ourselves, God is still in the biusness of rescuing and restoring us. Complete restoration we ask for Lord. Amen!

Complete (or even incomplete) restoration won't happen except we put in the necessary WORK.
We can ask God from now till eternity.
BTW, if you started by acknowledging that we made the mess ourselves, why SIMPLY ask God to restore what WE messed up?
Is that sensible?
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by DEWKID(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
candidbabe:
They can pocket their song. I don't give a damn.

SCOAN Spotted wink
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by naptu2: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
chiefolododo:
Ebele is missing . by the way where is namadi sambo?

seguno2:

Maybe they are not old enough.

Sambo is a Muslim. With regards to Goodluck Jonathan. . .

naptu2:

He was invited and he had said that he was going to attend, but he couldn't make it (I think he was out of the country or he had another engagement).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/jonathan-absent-villa-chapels-thanksgiving/

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2017
clueless brainless presidents!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
Sunnynwa:

The judicial tribunal that probed him after the coup publicly declared, "Dr. Ekwueme left office poorer than he was when he entered it, and to ask more from him was to set a standard which even saints could not meet."

https://www.washington.edu/alumni/columns/june99/ekwueme.html

Funny you. Keep deceiving urself. I know for a fact that ekwuemes kids were studying in an expensive private school in Switzerland while he was vp. His first son, pastor goodheart Obi ekwueme, has mentioned it several times.
Even abroad, only the mega mega rich send their kids to boarding school in Switzerland.

With what salary was he able to do that??

PS- IBBs kids also studied in a private school in switzerland. Birds of d same feather.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
Where is Dr Dumbo? He is not among the choir.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by ettybaba(m): 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
ASSOCIATION OF CO WARDS..
Na dem pursue badly bald headed ojukwu enter grave o.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
seguno2:

In response to your earlier comment.
Ok. Now that i'm sure you understand my comment but still want to argue about it, I'll just direct you to go and study what God's mercy Is all about(I'm assuming you're not an atheist). After you've done that, you can now come back to tell me why God is still keeping this country despite "all"

Complete (or even incomplete) restoration won't happen except we put in the necessary WORK.
We can ask God from now till eternity.
Are you doing your own part of the "neccesary work"? Your answer may be no; hence your scepticism.Talk is easy and cheap! God will answer the prayer of those who did with a sincere and humble heart.

BTW, if you started by acknowledging that we made the mess ourselves, why SIMPLY ask God to restore what WE messed up?
Is that sensible?
To pray that way is called humility in recognition of our state and confession and that's the way to go. Yes we messed it up but now we're saying we cannot go on our own anymore. ...we cannot restore the glory by ourself(our intellect, knowledge, wealth--"works" cannot help us) but only God can do like He did in "ages past".

I believe in my country; I believe in God's work; I believe He can and will help us and i'm not Ashamed to stand by my believe.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by seguno2: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
Alexk2:

Ok. Now that i'm sure you understand my comment but still want to argue about it, I'll just direct you to go and study what God's mercy Is all about(I'm assuming you're not an atheist). After you've done that, you can now come back to tell me why God is still keeping this country despite "all"

Are you doing your own part of the "neccesary work"? Your answer may be no; hence your scepticism.Talk is easy and cheap! God will answer the prayer of those who did with a sincere and humble heart.

To pray that way is called humility in recognition of our state and confession and that's the way to go. Yes we messed it up but now we're saying we cannot go on our own anymore. ...we cannot restore the glory by ourself(our intellect, knowledge, wealth--"works" cannot help us) but only God can do like He did in "ages past".

I believe in my country; I believe in God's work; I believe He can and will help us and i'm not Ashamed to stand by my believe.

Simply show me any of those oyinbo countries that we run to where God came down to help them and I will shut up.
Deal?
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Sunnynwa: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
janellemonae:

Funny you. Keep deceiving urself. I know for a fact that ekwuemes kids were studying in an expensive private school in Switzerland while he was vp. His first son, pastor goodheart Obi ekwueme, has mentioned it several times.
Even abroad, only the mega mega rich send their kids to boarding school in Switzerland.

With what salary was he able to do that??

PS- IBBs kids also studied in a private school in switzerland. Birds of d same feather.

You end up displaying your ignorance. Do you even know who Ekwueme was before he ventured into politics? Ekwueme could afford to send his children to any school in the world he deemed fit before he became VP.

I hope you know that he donated one million naira to NPN before he was chosen as VP candidate in 1979 at a time when one naira was more than $2 and brand new cars were going for around N5000. In today's money, that money should be well above one billion naira if I may say.

Here is a man who owned real estate in all parts of Nigeria, owning hotels in every state capital of the then 19 states.

Always get you facts right before you speak in public so as not to make a fool of yourself bro.

Happy new year to you.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by darknetcom: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=greatermax77 post=52464114][/quote]

politicians are not the problem,dumb citizens are the problems.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
seguno2:

Simply show me any of those oyinbo countries that we run to where God came down to help them and I will shut up.
Deal?
America, England, Isreal....wish you know there history enough for you to understand that God helped them to be where they're today; though they're missing it gradually these days.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Dee60: 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
Sunnynwa:

You end up displaying your ignorance. Do you even know who Ekwueme was before he ventured into politics? Ekwueme could afford to send his children to any school in the world he deemed fit before he became VP.

I hope you know that he donated one million naira to NPN before he was chosen as VP candidate in 1979 at a time when one naira was more than $2 and brand new cars were going for around N5000. In today's money, that money should be well above one billion naira if I may say.

Here is a man who owned real estate in all parts of Nigeria, owning hotels in every state capital of the then 19 states.

Always get you facts right before you speak in public so as not to make a fool of yourself bro.

Happy new year to you.

Good comment.

Nigeria has a time bomb. Two out of three young people you meet are filled with hatred for everything. Its quite sad. You also notice that we are far behind on education. People go to school these days, somehow pass exams, but remain uneducated. That you were able to send your children to Switzerland - how does that make you a thief?

I know people who have never taken a single government job or project and have worked hard enough to send all their kids abroad to school. That a man is rich does not mean he has stolen - Too many youths are filled with hatred. Yet, many are intellectually lazy and would STEAL a lot if they ever get to government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Prince081: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Bunch of hypocrites singing hynms to decieve gullible Nigerians. Who they epp?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by seguno2: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Alexk2:
America, England, Isreal....wish you know there history enough for you to understand that God helped them to be where they're today; though they're missing it gradually these days.

I didn't read anywhere in the history of the three countries that you listed when God came down to help them instead of blessing their WORK and efforts to get things right.
You can mention one specific year when God came down for any of the three.
Thanks
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by awoluyi(m): 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
These are "great" men that made Nigeria "small". They didn't give Nigeria and Nigerians hope. Some of them even wept for the lamentation they foresaw that will befall Nigeria. I personally don't know what posterity will remember them for except that they became stupendously rich for "serving" Nigeria. But they should remember that "Daris is God, oooooooo!"
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by kettykings: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
cole265:
This choir simply signifies Afonjas, Igbos, militants, gworo eaters, and even more
....We truly have a Nigeria. kudos

Biafra no hold water

when it comes to snging hymns they remember igbos , but the same crew when the time to share public offices or public projects you see the real nature of nigerians come out , by the way when will the organisers remeber that an igbo is yet to become the president of Nigeira in more than 50 years.

Shame to hypocrisy !!!
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by austentero: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
Wow! my country is blessed.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
seguno2:

I didn't read anywhere in the history of the three countries that you listed when God came down to help them instead of blessing their WORK and efforts to get things right.
You can mention one specific year when God came down for any of the three.
Thanks

God came down to help and God blessing their WORK and efforts to get things right isn't same thing abi?

God won't come down literally but He'll use a willing vessels To accomplish the task of restoration and while you're looking for a King saul(president and governors), God is looking for Davids scattered everywhere across the country; people who're ready, willing and prepared by God Himself to make a difference wherever they are and though it may look small an impart To humans, it's just the right attitudes and catalyst for positive change and restoration.
God won't come down literally like He did before but He's working in and through willing vessels already; question you should answer is; are you one of them?
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by cole265(m): 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
kettykings:

when it comes to snging hymns they remember igbos , but the same crew when the time to share public offices or public projects you see the real nature of nigerians come out , by the way when will the organisers remeber that an igbo is yet to become the president of Nigeira in more than 50 years.

Shame to hypocrisy !!!

GEJ nko o? Azikiwe junior.
Re: Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria by kettykings: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
cole265:

GEJ nko o? Azikiwe junior.

is GEJ igbo ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode: 'Nigeria Will Break Into 2 Or More Pieces In The Next 5 Years / Abba Kyari Vs Monguno: Jokolo Says Buhari Recognises COS As ‘Deputy President’ / Policemen Invade Seun Kuti's House In Lagos, Arrest Family Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.